LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Taxotere Hair Loss Legal News Articles & Interviews
November 12, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Washington, DC: It’s there – like a sub audible hum – underneath Sanofi-Aventis’s decision not to disclose the risk of permanent Taxotere hair loss. It will certainly be there, underpinning the drug manufacturer’s offers to settle the lawsuits according to National Trial Lawyers. The effort to minimize the harm that Taxotere alopecia does to breast cancer survivors, though rarely said aloud, goes a lot like this:Read [ Taxotere Hair Loss Does Additional Harm to Breast Cancer Survivors ]
October 11, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
New Orleans, LA: On September 7, 2017, the judge overseeing the multidistrict Taxotere hair loss litigation (MDL) issued a pre-trial order that compels attorneys to submit information about all pending and anticipated Taxotere lawsuits. The goal is to bring as many plaintiffs as possible into any settlement reached.Read [ Court Order Means Potential Taxotere Plaintiffs Should Act ASAP ]
September 12, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Santa Clara, CA: As the litigation shakes out, that question is at the heart of Taxotere hair loss suits now pending in federal courts in Louisiana and other jurisdictions. But whether Sanofi-Aventis had a duty to warn patients is more complicated than it might appear. It requires courts to define what responsibility pharmaceutical companies have to the patients who look to them for a cure.Read [ Did Sanofi-Aventis Have a Duty to Warn Patients about Permanent Hair Loss? ]
August 27, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Dallas, TX Allegations that hundreds of American women experienced permanent hair loss as a result of using the breast cancer treatment drug Taxotere (Docetaxel) are about to be tested in court in a bellwether trial slated for next fall.Read [ Signs of Movement in the Taxotere Litigation Process ]
July 18, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
New Orleans, LA: Plaintiffs in a Louisiana multidistrict Taxotere litigation have asked the court to remand several cases back to state courts.Read [ Taxotere Multidistrict Litigation May Remand Some Cases to State Courts ]
July 6, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: Many a Taxotere hair loss lawsuit asserts that the manufacturer of Taxotere (docetaxel), Sanofi, knew about the increased risk for permanent hair loss associated with its cancer drug, and yet downplayed the risk without revealing that competing products on the market were just as effective at treating cancer as Taxotere, but without the corresponding increased risk for permanent hair loss, or so it is alleged.Read [ Taxotere Hair Loss: Are Doctors Forthright with their Patients as to Risk? ]
June 19, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
New Orleans, LA: Understanding the choice that some women make in their selection of Taxotere for treatment of breast cancer, means understanding the busy lives and compelling responsibilities that modern women maintain. It is also easy to understand why plaintiffs embroiled in Taxotere hair loss lawsuits, may have been misled over the potential for permanent Taxotere alopecia.Read [ Permanent Taxotere Hair Loss for Cancer Patients a Particularly Cruel Fate ]
June 3, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
New Orleans, LA: A Louisiana multidistrict litigation (MDL) that began in 2016 with less than three dozen transferred Taxotere lawsuits has now swelled to more than a thousand pending cases.Read [ Number of Taxotere Multidistrict Litigation Cases Surpass 1,100 ]
May 24, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Philadelphia, PA Eight Manufacturers of a generic form of Taxotere known as Docetaxel are also being included in the ongoing MDL in U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana (New Orleans). As a result, more women will likely join the approximately 1,000 women already involved in the litigation.Read [ Generic Docetaxel Inclusion in Taxotere MDL Significant Departure ]
May 15, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: A recent filing by Taxotere manufacturer Sanofi Aventis with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) revealed the current state of Taxotere hair loss lawsuits as of the end of the pharmaceutical’s fiscal year ending December 31, 2016.Read [ Taxotere Hair Loss Patients Speak Out Over the Fallout ]
- Pharmaceuticals Fast-Tracked to Market through Little-Known FDA Protocol By Gordon Gibb (Apr-20-17)
- Science Day Scheduled For Taxotere Multidistrict Litigation By Deb Hipp (Apr-7-17)
- California Women Suffers Permanent Hair Loss after Taxotere Chemo – Suit Claims By Brenda Craig (Mar-29-17)
- Potential for Permanent Taxotere Hair Loss Not Widely Promoted By Gordon Gibb (Mar-4-17)
- Number of Taxotere MDL Lawsuits Surpasses 700 Cases By Deb Hipp (Feb-27-17)
- Taxotere Hair Loss Lawsuits Moving Forward in MDL By Gordon Gibb (Feb-15-17)
- Taxotere Docetaxel Side Effects Not Limited to Permanent Hair Loss By Gordon Gibb (Jan-22-17)
- Number of Consolidated Taxotere Lawsuits Jumps By Heidi Turner (Jan-6-17)
- Taxotere Hair Loss: a Look Back at 2016 By Gordon Gibb (Dec-22-16)
- Taxotere and Cosmetic Prostheses By Jane Mundy (Dec-11-16)
- Cancer Survivor Hopes Taxotere Lawsuit will Channel her Anger By Jane Mundy (Nov-30-16)
- Latest Taxotere Plaintiff Alleges Permanent Hair Loss By Gordon Gibb (Nov-20-16)
- Taxotere Hair Loss: “It’s Devastating” By Gordon Gibb (Oct-18-16)
- “If Only I Knew about Taxotere,” says Breast Cancer Survivor By Jane Mundy (Aug-17-16)