LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Home Warranty Insurance Legal News Articles & Interviews
December 14, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Trenton, NJ: Plaintiffs who bring home warranty lawsuits against home warranty companies commonly assert allegations of shoddy workmanship, delays or denials of claims. However in this case, the plaintiff alleged violations to New Jersey’s Consumer Fraud Act and Truth in Consumer Contract, Warrant and Notice Act with regard to a contract that was allegedly misleading in stated coverage periods, amongst other claims.Read [ Home Warranty Lawsuit Goes to the New Jersey Supreme Court ]
November 8, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Coquitlam, BC: The machinations and frustrations experienced by homeowners dealing with home warranty insurance is reflected in the dealings of one Canadian couple who told Global News last year that success with a home warranty provider appears to hinge on the capacity for a homeowner to push the envelope and make noise – through a home warranty lawsuit perhaps, or otherwise – in order to have any success with a claim.Read [ Canadian Couple’s Fight against Home Warranty Insurance a Full Time Job ]
October 8, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Wilmington, DE: It’s been a long wait for prospective plaintiffs with home defect issues dating back to as far back as 1999. With a formal request Wednesday to a Delaware bankruptcy court to lift a litigation stay in a long-running Chapter 7 bankruptcy involving builder WL Homes LLC (WL), the plaintiffs hope to launch a home warranty lawsuit and pursue compensation from the builder’s insurance provider.Read [ Long-Suffering Homeowners Hoping to Pursue Home Warranty Lawsuit ]
February 17, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Persistence Pays Off for Chapel Hill Extended Warranty Plaintiffs ]
Chapel Hill, NC A couple from Chapel Hill who brought a Home Warranty Lawsuit against the contractor and a supplier of their custom-built home encountered a few setbacks in their litigation. But they stuck with it and late last year were rewarded with a partial victory by the North Carolina Supreme Court.
November 23, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Home Warranty Insurance and the Manufactured Home ]
Washington, DC It’s an extended warranty question that was bound to come up sometime and begs to be asked: when we have a conversation about home warranty insurance, where are the jurisdictional parameters when it comes to manufactured homes? Not mobile homes or trailers per se, but large buildings complete with front porches and the like.
October 28, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Home Warranty Complaints Top Popular Online Resource ]
Toronto, ON Most people know Angie’s List as a straight-up and popular resource for getting the scoop on service providers: which ones are good, and those you may want to avoid based on member reviews and other criteria. And members have a lot to say about home warranty insurance.
September 19, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ New Jersey Sues Home Warranty Insurance Provider ]
Edison, NJ While the insurance industry may tell you they suffer from a bum rap from consumers who constantly complain about claim denials, the existence of so many examples to the contrary suggesting a reputation for serial denials after happily collecting premiums is more than just a perception. Home warranty insurance is one sector where many examples of this can be found.
August 24, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Plaintiff’s Home Warranty Insurance Win Overturned by State Supreme Court ]
Philadelphia, PA For most homeowners purchasing a new structure from a builder, home warranty insurance is a must to protect the purchaser from defects in construction or structural integrity not readily apparent when the new owners take occupation. Various home warranty companies vend coverage that kicks in after the initial warranty period from the original builder expires, for additional coverage. Various plaintiffs have sued home warranty companies after various providers exhibited bad faith and reneged on their commitment to the policyholder.
July 24, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Lawsuits and Consumer Reporters Fight Home Warranty Companies ]
Las Vegas, NV Lawsuits may be the go-to to ensure companies uphold their end of a bargain, but consumer reporters are also being asked to help consumers deal with home warranty companies. Sometimes, those consumer reporters uncover a great deal of information about home warranty companies and how they operate. In other cases, a home warranty lawsuit may be filed to ensure the consumer’s rights are protected.
June 29, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Hillside Home Appears to Be Sloping Downward, Owners Sue Contractor, Insurer ]
Asotin, ID As a prospective homeowner, you trust the qualifications of your contractor with the expert construction of your home. This is especially true if the nature of your construction is a bit more complicated than merely plunking a bungalow down on a piece of flat real estate. It is the more unique construction projects, such as building into the side of a hill that warrants home warranty insurance after the fact.
- Home Warranty Options Sometimes Limited, but Not Impossible By Gordon Gibb (May-19-14)
- Customer Says She Unknowingly Paid for Home Warranty Insurance By Heidi Turner (Apr-1-14)
- Plaintiffs Seeking $22 Million in Home Warranty Insurance Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Mar-3-14)
- Consumers with Home Warranties Find Repairs Hard to Come By By Heidi Turner (Feb-4-14)
- Plaintiff to State Supreme Court Over Home Cladding Issue By Gordon Gibb (Jan-9-14)
- Home Warranties Leaving Policyholders Out of Pocket By Heidi Turner (Dec-27-13)
- Bizarre Tale of Attempted Murder, Mayhem, Bankruptcy and Bad Faith Insurance By Gordon Gibb (Nov-30-13)
- Canadian Sues, While US Disco Diva Says “I Will Survive” in Court By Gordon Gibb (Oct-22-13)
- When It Comes to Home Warranty Companies, Not All Are Created Equal By Heidi Turner (Sep-27-13)
- With Home Warranties, Getting to Home Base Not Necessarily a Home Run By Gordon Gibb (Aug-25-13)
- A Home Warranty Insurance Story with a Twist By Gordon Gibb (Jul-3-13)
- When an Extended Home Warranty Extends Nothing but Frustration By Gordon Gibb (Jun-3-13)
- Do Consumers Need Home Warranty Insurance? By Heidi Turner (May-3-13)
- A Tale of Two Home Warranty Insurance Claims By Gordon Gibb (Apr-9-13)
- Dealing with Home Warranty Issues By Heidi Turner (Mar-31-13)
- When Home Warranties Go Wrong By Heidi Turner (Feb-17-13)
- Home Warranty Lawsuits: Not All Appliances Created Equal By Heidi Turner (Jan-8-13)
- Consumers Unhappy with Home Warranty Companies By Heidi Turner (Dec-10-12)
- Allegations of Wrongdoing Made Against Home Warranty Companies By Heidi Turner (Nov-17-12)
- Customers Complain About Home Warranty Companies By Heidi Turner (Oct-25-12)
- Home Warranty Companies Accused of Shady Tactics By Heidi Turner (Sep-21-12)
- Home Warranty Companies "Horrible" By Heidi Turner (Aug-20-12)
- Concerns Raised Over Some Home Warranty Companies By Heidi Turner (Jul-22-12)
- Attorney Discusses Warranties vs Insurance and American Home Shield By Jane Mundy (Jun-25-12)
- New Home Warranty Lawsuits and Horror Stories By Gordon Gibb (Jun-13-12)
- Owner Pleads Guilty in Bad Faith Insurance Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (May-14-12)
- Home Warranty Lawsuits Allege Bad Faith by Companies By Heidi Turner (Apr-20-12)
- The Money Pit Lives in Englewood Says Home Warranty Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Mar-8-12)
- New York Involved in Home Warranty Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Feb-21-12)
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawsuits Filed against Home Warranty Companies By Heidi Turner (Feb-1-12)