LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Adderall Legal News Articles & Interviews
December 20, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Is Adderall Addling Pro Athletes’ Brains? ]
Baltimore, MD It’s mind-boggling, how athletes like the NFL’s Haloti Ngata and Orioles slugger Chris Davis think they can take Adderall without a legitimate doctor’s prescription and not get caught. Perhaps they’ve been taking the amphetamine for so long it’s rattled their brains.
October 19, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Adderall Whistleblowers Result in $56.5 Million Blow to Shire Pharmaceuticals ]
Washington, DC Shire Pharmaceuticals, the Adderall manufacturer, took a major blow last month: the US Department of Justice (DOJ) and a number of state AGs announced a settlement with the Irish drug company regarding violations of the False Claims Act.
September 17, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ FDA to Study How Teens View Drugs ]
Washington, DC The FDA has announced it is undertaking a study to better understand how teens view prescription medications. This information is important because some drugs, such as Adderall, may be frequently prescribed to teens, who may not fully understand or appreciate the risks of Adderall side effects or adverse reactions. This information may also be vital because some drugmakers, including the maker of Adderall, have been warned by the FDA about marketing their drug to teens and adolescents.
August 20, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Adderall Maker Ensures Profits from ADHD ]
Chicago, IL When the Adderall manufacturers worried that not enough college students were addicted to their amphetamine and not enough children were taking it for their (supposed) ADHD, they came up with a marketing plan aimed at adults. And now that AbbVie (formerly Abbott Laboratories, one of the largest drug companies in the world) bought Shire, it plans to rake in more profits by moving its HQ to Britain in order to avoid taxes.
July 28, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ “Mental Problems Worsened with Adderall” ]
Frankfort, KY Janet was diagnosed with ADHD seven years ago and her psychiatrist prescribed Adderall. “It was like a wonder drug in the beginning,” says Janet, “but it caused me to become totally disabled; I was fired from my job and some days I can’t even drive to the grocery store.”
June 8, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Adderall Not for Toddlers and Adderall Malpractice Lawsuit ]
Virginia Beach, VA David rues the day that he allowed the family doctor to prescribe his then three-year-old son Adderall, particularly now that a recent report by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) found that prescribing stimulants to young children with supposed ADHD is “inappropriate.”
May 6, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ “I Was an Adderall Zombie with Tics” ]
Dothan, AL Brandon has taken Adderall since he was about five or six years old for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Although it did help him concentrate, Brandon says it turned him into a “zombie,” and now in his 20s, he has permanent facial tics.
April 15, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Adderall Appeal and Angst ]
New York, NYAdderall has its appeal. For instance, xojane.com on her website says that Adderall is the best and worst thing ever. “I’d sprinkle Adderall in my coffee every morning if there were no consequences,” she blogs. Fortunately for xojane, she knows better. Many Adderall users do not.
March 17, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Carlos Ruiz and College Kids Back with Adderall ]
Philadelphia, PA Catcher Carlos Ruiz is back for the 2014 season with the Phillies after being suspended for taking Adderall; but this time he is allowed to take the amphetamine - possibly because his performance suffered without it.
February 23, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Mother’s Battle to Save Son from Adderall Psychosis ]
Nokesville, VA Patty (not her real name) had known for some time that her son was taking Adderall to help him focus in school, but about a year ago she realized that the drug had made his life “out of control.”
- Adderall’s “Stupid” Factor By Jane Mundy (Jan-23-14)
- Adderall Users - from Celebs to Strippers to T-Shirt Wearers By Jane Mundy (Dec-12-13)
- Adderall Implicated in Child Abuse and a Murder Trial By Jane Mundy (Nov-7-13)
- Can’t Quit, Even After Adderall Stroke By Jane Mundy (Oct-25-13)
- Adderall Caused Seizures By Jane Mundy (Sep-13-13)
- Adderall Too Easy to Prescribe, Led to Jail Time By Jane Mundy (Aug-7-13)
- From Caffeine Pills to Adderall By Jane Mundy (Jul-14-13)
- Divorce Due to Adderall By Jane Mundy (Jun-17-13)
- Massachusetts Plaintiff Sues Over Adderall Death and Other Prescribed Drugs By Gordon Gibb (May-13-13)
- Adderall: From Angst to Anguish By Jane Mundy (Apr-17-13)
- Did the Effects of Adderall Trigger Leap into Tiger’s Den? By Gordon Gibb (Mar-27-13)
- Adderall: A Mother’s Heartbreak By Jane Mundy (Feb-6-13)
- Adderall Access and Abuse By Jane Mundy (Jan-22-13)
- Did Adderall Play a Role in the Death of Ex-Navy Corpsman? By Gordon Gibb (Dec-30-12)
- Mother Says Adderall caused Son to Jump into Bronx Zoo Tiger Den By Jane Mundy (Nov-29-12)
- Was the FDA Paying Attention Before Approving Adderall? By Gordon Gibb (Oct-16-12)
- Illegal Adderall—From College Students to NFL Cornerback By Jane Mundy (Sep-13-12)
- Adderall Side Effects Can Literally Break Your Heart By Gordon Gibb (Aug-13-12)
- Adderall Kick-Started Tourette Syndrome By Jane Mundy (Jul-10-12)
- Adderall Addict: From ER to Nursing Home By Jane Mundy (Jun-5-12)
- Adderall Side Effects: "Not Something You Expect for a Young Person" By Heidi Turner (May-6-12)
- ADD Patient Discusses Adderall Addiction By Jane Mundy (Apr-8-12)
- A New and Growing Concern Over Adderall By Gordon Gibb (Mar-16-12)
- Effects of Adderall at 200 MPH… By Gordon Gibb (Mar-12-12)
- "I Blame Adderall for My Brother's Death" By Jane Mundy (Feb-11-12)
- Adderall: Mother's Little Helper, or Hurt? By Gordon Gibb (Jan-21-12)
- Attorney Slams the Makers of Adderall By Jane Mundy (Dec-29-11)
- New Study Finds No Evidence of Adderall Heart Problems By Heidi Turner (Dec-13-11)
- Report: More teens abusing Adderall ADHD drug By Charles Benson (Oct-11-09)
- Adderall Online - Black Market Profits In Plain Sight By Evelyn Pringle (Feb-24-06)
- Adderall's Rollercoaster Year By Evelyn Pringle (Jan-26-06)
- Adderall: One family's Anguish By Jane Mundy (Jan-9-06)