LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Seroquel Legal News Articles & Interviews
June 4, 2013. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Januvia User Says Side Effects Worse Than High Blood Sugar ]
Livingstone, TX Against his doctor’s advice, Don, age 47, stopped taking Januvia, saying he would rather deal with high blood sugar than kidney stones, blood in his urine and severe abdominal pains.
December 13, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Seroquel Side Effects for the Elderly ]
Pearblossom, CA Seroquel is a neuroleptic indicated for the treatment of bipolar disorder—and like most drugs carries a host of Seroquel side effects, including diabetes, tardive dyskinesia and even birth defects. However, there is a little-known use for Seroquel off-label that concerned the daughter of one Alzheimer's patient for whom she was caring.
November 24, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Seroquel Side Effects a Weighty Issue ]
Manhasset, NY Among the various Seroquel side effects associated with the antipsychotic drug is weight gain—an event that could prove a problem for individuals and patients with existing health issues that might be exacerbated by an increase in weight. Seroquel isn't the only culprit in the atypical antipsychotic class. Others in the class are capable of packing on the pounds.
November 12, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ US Food and Drug Administration Approves New Seroquel Competitor ]
Washington, D.C. The US Food and Drug Administration has approved a new drug that will compete with Seroquel, according to a press release.
November 7, 2010. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Seroquel Diabetes Lawsuits Hurt AstraZeneca Profits ]
Washington, DCSeroquel diabetes lawsuits resulted in AstraZeneca, maker of Seroquel, reporting a drop in profits in its third quarter. Among Seroquel side effects is a reported increased risk of Seroquel diabetes. Lawsuits alleging patients suffered serious Seroquel side effects reportedly hurt AstraZeneca's third-quarter results.
October 30, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Group: Drug Companies are Feds' Top Source of Fraud Settlements ]
Washington, DC Multimillion-dollar settlements for illegal marketing of Seroquel and other drugs have made the pharmaceutical industry the Department of Justice's top source of fraud-related settlements, says an advocacy group.
October 19, 2010. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Seroquel, Atypical Antipsychotics Linked to Increased Risk of Blood Clots ]
San Francisco, CA A new study suggests an increased risk of blood clots can be added to the list of potential Seroquel side effects. The list of reported Seroquel side effects already includes a risk of Seroquel birth defects and Seroquel tardive dyskinesia. Researchers in the United Kingdom, however, conducted a study that found patients taking atypical antipsychotic medications could be at a higher risk of blood clots compared with patients not taking the medications.
October 10, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Seroquel Manufacturer Sues for Patent Protection ]
Washington, DC The manufacturer of the antipsychotic drug Seroquel has issued a lawsuit against a competitor alleging patent infringement with regard to Seroquel XR (Quetiapine fumarate) in the US market. The lawsuit, filed in the US District Court for New Jersey, names Torrent Pharma, a manufacturer based in Ahmedabad India, as the defendant.
September 30, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ AstraZeneca to Pay $520 Million in Seroquel Settlement ]
Harrisburg, PA The state of Pennsylvania will receive $9 million of the $520 million settlement AstraZeneca Pharmaceutical is paying for improperly marketing Seroquel, an anti-psychotic.
September 14, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Seroquel Maker Given More Time to Settle Lawsuits ]
London, UK AstraZeneca, the manufacturer of Seroquel, has been granted more time to settle nearly 6,000 lawsuits. The lawsuits at issue are only a portion of some 17,500 lawsuits that the manufacturer has agreed to settle by way of a $198 million kitty. That announcement was made last month.
- Did Seroquel Cause Veteran's Death? By Heidi Turner (Sep-5-10)
- Wrestler's Death Highlights the Risk of Seroquel Side Effects By Charles Benson (Apr-9-10)
- Jury Finds in Favor of AstraZeneca in Seroquel Diabetes Lawsuit By Charles Benson (Mar-26-10)
- 26,000 Seroquel Lawsuits and Counting By Gordon Gibb (Feb-14-10)
- Seroquel Has a New Cousin, While Lawsuits Continue By Gordon Gibb (Jan-9-10)
- New Safety Concern Linked to Seroquel Side Effects By Gordon Gibb (Dec-27-09)
- AstraZeneca Could Face 6,000 Lawsuits over Seroquel Side Effects By Charles Benson (Dec-6-09)
- Psychiatrist Allegedly Prescribed Seroquel for Weight Loss By Gordon Gibb (Nov-23-09)
- Pharmaceutical company pays large settlement over Seroquel side effects By Charles Benson (Nov-10-09)
- AstraZeneca Accused of Downplaying Seroquel Diabetes Risk By Gordon Gibb (Oct-8-09)
- Seroquel Touted as a Miracle Drug. But is it Greed? By Gordon Gibb (Oct-26-07)
- More Seroquel Lawsuits: Patients Speak Out By Anne Borden (Jul-15-07)
- The Diabetes Connection: Off-Label Seroquel Prescriptions for Prisoners, Elderly By Anne Borden (Jul-9-07)
- Seroquel: A $10 Billion Corporate Hit By Gordon Gibb (Jul-3-07)
- Seroquel Lawsuits Add Up By Heidi Turner (May-21-07)