LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Crestor Legal News Articles & Interviews
November 18, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: AstraZeneca, the manufacturer of Crestor, recently released its third-quarter (Q3) results for 2015 during which the company referenced various patent and personal injury lawsuits for the benefit of investors and analysts concerned, as they are, about all aspects of doing business. And a Crestor lawsuit, for a pharmaceutical firm, is simply part of doing business. However, various Crestor side effects have not only been fueling lawsuits, but have also been raising the ire of health advocates for some time.Read [ Concern Over Crestor Side Effects Is Old News ]
September 10, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Crestor Lawsuits Still Percolating ]
Los Angeles, CA Not that Americans could be accused of popping any medication like candy. But there are times when consumers have become so desensitized to medications, that popping a pill such as an aspirin or a statin to rein in bad cholesterol is rarely given a second thought. However, with statins, and specifically Crestor, a second thought might be warranted with regard to Crestor side effects.
July 24, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Are Statins Linked to Aggression? ]
Boston, MA When people start taking Crestor, they likely watch for some of the reported Crestor side effects that affect them physically. Not many people think to watch for emotional side effects linked to medications. But a recently published study suggests statins may be linked to increased aggression in women.
May 6, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Crestor: Life Preserver or Condoned Statin Predator? ]
Washington, DC There is no question that as statin drugs go, Crestor is one of the success stories. According to the New York Times and the Associated Press (AP 5/1/15), Medicare and Medicaid spent $2.2 billion on Crestor in 2013, reflected in figures released by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. And while Crestor is just one of a basket of statins designed to lower levels of the so-called “bad” cholesterol thought to promote heart disease and foster heart attacks, there are various Crestor Side Effects that worry both patients and those doctors who feel that taking a statin may not be necessary for those who are not at a higher risk for cardiovascular issues.
March 18, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Crestor Issues Maintain Center Stage in Crestor Lawsuits ]
Austin, TX While a Crestor lawsuit alleging the withholding of test results linking Crestor to diabetes and other side effects quietly percolates through the courts, a couple of one-year anniversaries are due later this year that affords no cheer for health advocates concerned with the adverse event profile for rosuvastatin (Crestor), and other statin drugs in the class.
February 20, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Have Crestor Side Effects Done Me In? ]
Toronto, ON Can we talk? Thank you. This is written in the first person as the subject at hand is Crestor and I have been mandated to take the stuff by my doctor. I fit the profile: I am middle-aged and my so-called “bad” LDL cholesterol is a tad on the high side. For various reasons he has me on 30 mg per day, which may be reduced going forward as needed. I hope so. Because I might have Crestor diabetes.
January 16, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ 2014: The Year the FDA Said No to a Black Box for Statins ]
Washington, DC The start of a new year gives pause to look back at the year that was, and the various stories and issues relating to pharmaceutical drugs and medical products that defined 2014. One defining moment that almost flew under the radar occurred in June, when the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) rejected the call for a black box warning for statin drugs. Crestor is amongst those statins, and Crestor side effects are among those identified with those of other competing statins by a well-known health watchdog in petitioning the FDA to implement the black box warning.
December 15, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ More Crestor Side Effects on the Horizon? ]
Vancouver, Canada A new study suggests that Crestor side effects and the side effects of other statin drugs may include an increased risk of developing cataracts. Crestor and other statins have been previously linked to an increased risk of necrotizing myopathy and rhabdomyolysis. Two recent studies have also suggested that Crestor might be linked to an increased risk of diabetes.
November 13, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Despite Concerns about Side Effects, Crestor the Most Prescribed Drug ]
Boston, MA Despite concerns about Crestor side effects, a recent list of the most prescribed drugs in the US lists the statin as the number one drug. Crestor, and other statins, has been linked to side effects including muscle toxicity (known as rhabdomyolysis). These side effects resulted in Public Citizen writing a letter to the FDA in 2005 to warn about the risk of side effects.
October 14, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Some Statins Linked to Peripheral Neuropathy: Is Crestor among Them? ]
Washington, DC Joe and Terry Graedon, both doctors, are also authors and maintain a popular syndicated column known as The People’s Pharmacy. Readers write in with their ailments with the Graedons offering some sage advice. Recently, a patient on one popular statin for several years followed by Crestor for the last year had some questions about side effects and wondered if they were, indeed, Crestor issues.
- Study Examines Link between Statins and Microvascular Disease By Heidi Turner (Sep-16-14)
- Are Statins and Crestor Side Effects Worse Than Claimed? By Gordon Gibb (Aug-22-14)
- Two Studies Suggest Risk of Diabetes with Statins Such As Crestor By Heidi Turner (Jul-26-14)
- New Research, Lawsuit Suggest Crestor Issues Can Be Serious By Gordon Gibb (Jun-22-14)
- What Are the Risks of Statin Side Effects? By Heidi Turner (May-21-14)
- Consumer Reports Weighs in On Crestor Issues By Heidi Turner (Apr-24-14)
- Researcher Says Benefits of Statins Like Crestor May Be Overstated By Gordon Gibb (Mar-4-14)
- Could Statin Use Such As Crestor Indirectly Trigger Heart Attacks in Men? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-5-14)
- Statin Study: Should Patients Eat an Apple Instead? By Heidi Turner (Jan-21-14)
- How Will New Guidelines Impact Crestor Side Effects? By Gordon Gibb (Dec-15-13)
- Is Crestor for Everyone Over 50? By Heidi Turner (Nov-2-13)
- Statin Side Effects Might Include Cataracts By Heidi Turner (Oct-10-13)
- Are Crestor Side Effects Worth a One Percent Benefit? By Gordon Gibb (Sep-10-13)
- Did Crestor Issues Stop Me Cold? By Gordon Gibb (Aug-16-13)
- Study Links Statins to Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Jul-3-13)
- Fear of Crestor Side Effects Keeps Me Awake at Night By Gordon Gibb (Jun-13-13)
- Higher Risk of Crestor Kidney Problems with Higher Statin Doses: Study By Gordon Gibb (May-2-13)
- Statin Study Suggests Patients Can Discontinue Treatment By Heidi Turner (Apr-4-13)
- As Crestor Issues Go, Man-Boobs Sail under the Radar By Gordon Gibb (Mar-15-13)
- Despite Health Agencies’ Assurances, Crestor and Statins Still a Concern By Gordon Gibb (Feb-2-13)
- Researchers Examine Crestor Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Jan-14-13)
- Are Crestor Issues Slowly Killing You One Cell at a Time? By Gordon Gibb (Dec-29-12)
- Crestor: And the Risks Just Keep On Coming… By Gordon Gibb (Nov-22-12)
- New Findings Further Fuels Debate Over Benefits of Crestor By Gordon Gibb (Oct-30-12)
- Study Questions Effectiveness of Statins By Heidi Turner (Oct-10-12)
- Crestor: Cresting the Void Between Help and Harm By Gordon Gibb (Sep-10-12)
- Public Citizen, FDA Disagree Over Crestor By Heidi Turner (Aug-30-12)
- Crestor and Statins Seen to Lower Energy, Libido By Gordon Gibb (Aug-3-12)