LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Stand 'n Seal Legal News Articles & Interviews
December 28, 2007. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Stand 'n Seal: Harmful if Swallowed, and then some! ]
Las Vegas, NV Frank B. bought a pallet of tile and four cans of Stand 'n Seal from Home Depot: he had a big project in store. "After the tile dried, I used this grout sealant and did exactly what I read in the instructions--stand and spray," says Frank. Trouble was, Stand 'n Seal did more than seal the tile. Frank believes it also got into his lungs. Think about it: you are in a small area, the air you are breathing is filled with a chemical and you have no protective gear, not even a face mask. Why wouldn't it find a way into your respiratory system?
November 26, 2007. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Stand 'n Seal: Trust No One, But Yourself ]
Denville, NJ: It's too bad when a civilized population, peace-loving and living within the confines of the law, can no longer depend on government statutes and entities designed to shield them from harm and adopt almost militant tactics in an effort to protect their health and well-being from someone else's greed. But that's what happened in the Stand 'n Seal grout sealer case, when a seemingly innocuous aerosol can wreaked havoc on the lives of dozens of people.
November 19, 2007. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Stand n' Seal: Convenience That Killed ]
Denville, NJ The difference between a company knowingly misleading the consumer with a defective product, such as Stand 'n Seal, and the consumer injured from that product, is that in the end the company doing the misleading may have to pay some settlements, write off some legal bills, perhaps face increased insurance premiums—but at the end of the day the proponents get to go home to their families, play a little tennis, and move on with their lives.
November 15, 2007. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Stand 'n Seal: The Obituaries in Fine Print ]
Washington, DC In business, as in life, perception is everything. Thus, one has to wonder if any of the Stand 'n Seal deaths or injuries incurred by well-meaning consumers might have been prevented if the manufacturer—and all manufacturers—had the guts to really tell it like it is.
November 11, 2007. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Stand 'n Seal: Seal Your Tile, Seal Your Fate... ]
Denville, NJ As lawsuits continue to circulate through the courts in the wake of the Stand 'n Seal dangerous product recall, more information is coming to light that casts an even darker shadow on the product, and the dubious efforts of the manufacturer and distributor to warn the public against a serious personal injury hazard.
November 2, 2007. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Stand 'n Seal: How do I get Tested for Hydrocarbon Exposure? ]
Philadelphia, PA "I was watching the late-night news on CNN and was horrified to hear that Stand 'n Seal grout spray sealer had caused at least two deaths and a multitude of other health related problems," says Gerry Drinkwater. Stand 'n Seal has also caused lung damage.
October 23, 2007. By Jane Mundy.
Chicago, IL: Roanoke Companies (now known as BRTT) should have acted immediately on adverse reports regarding its Stand 'n Seal Spray back when they first started rolling in. Instead, dozens of hapless consumers were inadvertently damaging their lungs, and worse.Read [ Stand 'n Seal: Hazardous Chemicals Used Haphazardly ]
October 17, 2007. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Stand 'n Seal Recall: When Hazardous Products Stay On the Market ]
Portland, OR In the midst of the massive recalls that have been announced recently, proponents of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPCS) have argued that the agency works wells at protecting consumers. Unfortunately, the people injured by [Stand 'n Seal] can attest otherwise. They know that they would not have become ill if the product's recall had been properly carried out. Stand 'n Seal has been linked to lung damage.
October 9, 2007. By Gordon Gibb.
Denville, NJ: The aerosol spray-on chemical sealer Stand 'n Seal that was marketed as quick and convenient not only injured consumers and is alleged to have caused two deaths, but which remained on store shelves 18 months after the recall.Read [ The Stand 'n Seal Case: Unsafe Product + Ineffective Response = Sickness and Death ]