LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Pain Pump Legal News Articles & Interviews
January 27, 2013. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Feds Turn Up Noses to $17 Million Shoulder Pain Pump Lawsuit ]
Washington, DC A $17 million shoulder pain pump lawsuit filed in January, 2011 under the False Claims Act was unsealed just before Christmas of last year after the federal government decided not to intervene. The lawsuit alleges that various manufacturers of shoulder pain pumps advocated uses for the device that were not approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
December 27, 2012. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Doctors Advise Patients to File Shoulder Pain Pump Lawsuits ]
Riverside, CA Jordana’s latest orthopedic surgeon advised her to go online, find a shoulder pain pump attorney and file a shoulder pain pump lawsuit. “He told me that the cartilage in my shoulder has worn away and that is why he doesn’t use these pain pumps anymore,” says Jordana.
October 10, 2012. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Heating Pad Better than Shoulder Pain Pump ]
Wiscasset, ME Basil rues the day he agreed to have a shoulder pain pump inserted after his second shoulder surgery. And he regrets having the next two pain pumps.
September 8, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Shoulder Pain Pump Lawsuit Granted a Second Coming ]
Cincinatti, OH It's been a long road so far for plaintiff Rachael Krumpelbeck, an alleged shoulder pain pump victim who sustained permanent injury to her shoulder, allegedly through the inter-articular use of a pain pump, in 2005. However, following the granting of summary judgment for the defendant and a subsequent appeal by Krumpelbeck, the young woman from Ohio can proceed with claims of defective design and inadequate warning.
July 28, 2012. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Shoulder Pain Pump Patient Diagnosed with Destroyed Cartilage ]
Panama City, FL Back in 2008, John had shoulder pain surgery and went home with a shoulder pain pump. John says it felt OK for a few months but got progressively worse. Two years later, he had a reverse shoulder surgery. “My second surgeon told me I had no cartilage left because of this pain pump,” says John. “He also told me reverse shoulder surgery is on the rise since these pumps have been in widespread use.”
June 19, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Plaintiff Struck Out Against Stryker, But Others Have Prevailed ]
Nashville, TN One plaintiff may have struck out against Stryker in a shoulder pain pump lawsuit, but others have prevailed over an issue that saw the application of pain medication directly to the shoulder joint via a device that never carried FDA approval for that use.
May 2, 2012. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Shoulder Pain Pump Lawsuit—Keep Your Medical Records ]
Mount Clemens, MI Nichole had a fall in 2003 and popped her shoulder out of joint—she says it was "nothing major." But the complications and surgeries she has undergone since that time are major, and all because she was given a shoulder pain pump after what was supposed to be a simple procedure that required day surgery.
April 2, 2012. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Shoulder Pain Pump Double Whammy: Infection and Cartilage Loss ]
Boise, ID Patty had shoulder surgery to repair a rotator cuff tear in 2009 and she has been on pain medication ever since. Both Patty and her doctor believe that cartilage damage and infection post-surgery is due to the shoulder pain pump that she had in her shoulder for four days. According to her doctor, that is three days too long.
March 26, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Shoulder Pain Pump Plaintiffs Settle with Stryker ]
Salt Lake City, UT The shoulder pain pump continues to be a scourge for many plaintiffs who willingly accepted a doctor's recommendation to feed pain medication directly to the shoulder joint without understanding the potential for serious ramifications. Shoulder pain pump manufacturers were never granted FDA approval to use the device directly to the shoulder joint (just the surrounding soft tissue), and doctors claim pain pump manufacturer representatives failed to apprise them of the risk.
February 23, 2012. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ "I Gave My Right Arm to Shoulder Pain Pump Makers" ]
Ponca City, OK In the past three years, Valerie has undergone three surgeries for a torn rotator cuff on the same shoulder. The first two times she was given a shoulder pain pump that resulted in even more pain and no range of motion. "Now my right arm is practically useless and I am right-handed," says Valerie.
- Pain Pump Surgery Not the Only Way to Heal Shoulder By Charles Benson (Jan-5-12)
- Patient's Surgeon Says Shoulder Pain Pump Can Cause Destroyed Cartilage By Jane Mundy (Nov-15-11)
- Study Finds Low-Dose Injections Are Effective Pain Treatment following Shoulder Surgery By Charles Benson (Oct-29-11)
- Prime Candidate for Shoulder Pain Pump Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Sep-14-11)
- Shoulder Pain Pump Recipient Says Cons Outweigh the Pros By Jane Mundy (Aug-15-11)
- Cartilage and Shoulder Pain Pumps Just Don't Mix By Gordon Gibb (Jul-30-11)
- Shoulder Pain Pump: "I can either spend the rest of my life in pain or a narcotic stupor." By Jane Mundy (Jul-9-11)
- Shoulder Pain Pump Allegedly Cost Man a Promising Football Career By Gordon Gibb (Jun-27-11)
- Shoulder Pain Pump Ends Catering Career By Jane Mundy (Jun-13-11)
- What's Causing Shoulder Pain Pump Injury? By Gordon Gibb (May-23-11)
- Basketball Player's Career on Hold—Courtesy of Shoulder Pain Pump By Jane Mundy (May-5-11)
- Shoulder Pain Pump Associated with Chondrolysis By Charles Benson (Apr-21-11)
- Shoulder Pain Pumps Deliver Pain, not Relief By Jane Mundy (Apr-10-11)
- Students Reach Settlement in Pain Pump Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Mar-24-11)
- Shoulder Pain Pump Pain By Jane Mundy (Mar-10-11)
- Loss of Case Does Not Negate Shoulder Pain Pump Injury By Gordon Gibb (Feb-27-11)
- Ohio Hospitals Attempting New Type of Shoulder Repair Surgery By Charles Benson (Feb-12-11)
- Shoulder Pain Pump—Next Step Is Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Jan-31-11)
- North Carolina Yoga Studio Offers Shoulder Injury Rehabilitation By Charles Benson (Jan-18-11)
- Bloom Still on the Rose for Shoulder Pain Pumps in 2002 By Gordon Gibb (Jan-11-11)
- Exercises Key in Avoiding Shoulder Injury By Charles Benson (Dec-21-10)
- "Just Say NO to Shoulder Pain Pump" By Jane Mundy (Dec-12-10)
- A Shoulder Pain Pump "What-If" Played Out for Real By Gordon Gibb (Dec-1-10)
- New Program at Wisconsin Hospital Helps People with Shoulder Pain By Charles Benson (Nov-18-10)
- A Litany of Shoulder Pain Pump Agony By Jane Mundy (Nov-9-10)
- Shoulder Pain Pump Lawsuits End in Verdicts for Defense By Charles Benson (Oct-28-10)
- Attorney: Shoulder Pain Pump Manufacturers "Did Not Warn About the Risks" By Heidi Turner (Oct-25-10)
- Center Utilizing Pain Pumps Opens in North Carolina By Charles Benson (Sep-21-10)
- Understanding Shoulder Pain Pump Complaints By Heidi Turner (Sep-11-10)
- Shoulder Pain Pump Plaintiff Loses Case on Technicality By Gordon Gibb (Sep-2-10)
- Shoulder Pain Pump Patient Awarded $5.5 Million By Gordon Gibb (Jan-27-10)
- Lawyers Again Request Shoulder Pain Pump Lawsuit Consolidation By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-09)
- Shoulder Pain Pump Lawsuits Continue By Gordon Gibb (Nov-18-09)
- Shoulder Pain pumps may worsen Athlete's injuries By Charles Benson (Nov-4-09)
- Innocent Patients Shouldering the Burden of Misguided Pain Pump Use By Gordon Gibb (Sep-14-09)
- Spinal Pain Pumps Could Develop Tip Granuloma By Gordon Gibb (Aug-11-09)
- Shoulder Pain Pump: One lawsuit Down, But Not All Out By Gordon Gibb (Jul-26-09)
- Shoulder Pain Pump Patient: Pain is "Absolutely Terrible" By Heidi Turner (Jul-18-09)
- Shoulder Replacement Surgery Follows Use of the Shoulder Pain Pump for Patient By Heidi Turner (Jul-10-09)
- Pain Pumps May Have Negative Effect on Other Joints By Heidi Turner (Jun-27-09)