Lawsuit News & Legal Information
Every day, thousands of Americans seek legal help, lawsuit information
and legal news at LawyersandSettlements.com.
December 16, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: When the Cook IVC filter manufactured by Cook Medical and identified as the Cook Gunther Tulip Filter System achieved formal approval by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2003, it was approved under an FDA 510(k) Clearance designation – a shortcut to the approvals process that continues to generate a fair bit of controversy. Advocates say the fast-track process allows the introduction of promising medical devices to the marketplace sooner. Critics, however note that medical devices such as the inferior vena cava filter are plugged into the market and used on patients without thorough testing.Read more [ IVC Filter ] Legal News
or [ Get Legal Help Now ]
December 15, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Washington, DC: A supreme court ruling in an ERISA lawsuit concerning the statute of limitations pertaining to plaintiffs claims, namely, Tibble, et al vs. Edison International, et al, has found the VP of human resources liable of a fiduciary breach.[ Read more ]
or [ Get Legal Help Now ]
December 15, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: As Takata Corp. and its creditors continue to grapple with bankruptcy proceedings in tandem with a continuation of the supply chain for badly-needed replacement airbag inflators, it’s instructive to look back from whence we came with regard to airbag injuries, lawsuits and recalls.Read more [ Defective Airbag Injury ] Legal News
or [ Get Legal Help Now ]
Receive Our FREE Newsletter
Legal News Blog
Legal News Articles
Interviews with Lawyers
In Legal News Today: Top Lawsuit News and Legal Information
- Transvaginal Mesh [en Español] Alleging Transvaginal Mesh and TVT sling procedures can cause a transvaginal mesh complication and side effects.
- Surgical Mesh Complications [en Español]
- California Labor Laws [en Español]: alleged violations of state labor laws such as overtime...
- Ethicon Physiomesh [en Español]
- St. Jude Medical Heart Device
- Emergency Room Charges alleging hospital overcharging on emergency room bills
- FDA Warns Against Laparoscopic Power Morcellation over concerns of the spread of cancerous tissue during laparoscopic hysterectomy.
- Defective Hip Implant [en Español]
- 3M Bair Hugger Infections [en Español]
- Essure Side Effects [en Español] alleging heavy bleeding, intense pelvic pain
- Inferior Vena Cava Filters or IVC Filters [en Español]
- Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler System Infection [en Español]
- Overtime, California [en Español]: investigating overtime law violations in California...
- Asbestos-Containing Talcum Powder and Risk for Asbestos Mesothelioma [en Español]
- Asbestos Mesothelioma [en Español]: health issues and cancer caused by asbestos exposure...
- Xarelto Blood Thinner Side Effects Increased risk of bleeding events
- Energy Drink Heart Attack and Death [en Español]
- Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder [en Español]
- DePuy Pinnacle Hip Replacement: alleging defective metal hip failure...
- Zimmer Durom Cup: alleging plastic hip liners are defective...
- Eliquis Anticoagulant linked to an increased risk of uncontrolled bleeding
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome: alleging that certain drugs cause this deadly skin inflammation...
- Alere INRatio and INRatio 2 Recall
- Risperdal side effects [en Español] include Risperdal gynecomastia (male breast growth), tardive dyskinesia, high blood sugar and diabetes, stroke, heart attack and even death.
- Stryker Accolade Hip Replacement alleging risk of failure and an increased risk of metallosis
- Airbags [en Español] Alleging defective airbags can cause injury and death.
- California Donning and Doffing alleging time spent donning and doffing safety gear, special uniforms, or other clothing required for the job went unpaid
- Invokana Cardiovascular Injuries & Kidney Failure [en Español]
- Actos [en Español] alleging bladder cancer, heart or kidney damage may have been caused by use of Actos...
- Birth Injury and Birth Defect: injuries an infant is born with, due to harm caused while in the womb or injuries sustained during birth
- Januvia Side Effects [en Español]: Januvia Cancer, Januvia Pancreatitis, Januvia Lawsuit
- Zofran Birth Defects Lawsuit [en Español] alleging heart defects and kidney malformations in newborns
- Anti-Coagulation Medication [en Español] risk of deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism and stroke
- Monsanto RoundUp and Cancer
- Takata Corporation and Honda Motor Co Facing Defective Airbag Class Action Lawsuit
- Pradaxa: alleging serious side effects, including bleeding deaths...
- Taxotere Permanent Hair Loss
- Testosterone Treatment Lawsuit [en Español]: Men who take testosterone drugs are at increased risk of stroke and heart attack.....
- Victoza Side Effects include possibility of Pancreatic and Thyroid Cancer.....
More [ Hot Legal Issues in the News... ]
FEATURED LAW FIRM:
Sign up and get instant email alerts for the cases that interest you.
|Are You Owed Lawsuit Money?
You may be owed money from a class action settlement. [ CHECK HERE ]
Emerging Legal Issues and Potential Lawsuits
- Health Insurers Denying Medical Claims (Dec-14-17)
- Allergan Accused of Keeping Generic Restasis Off the Market (Nov-22-17)
- FDA Warns Injectable Silicone not for Body Contouring and Enhancement (Nov-14-17)
- Legionnaires' Disease Closes Disneyland in California (Nov-14-17)
Lawsuits and Class Actions Filed
- Dimensions Health Faces Class Action Over Hospital Privileges for Fake OB-GYN (Oct-26-17)
- Endo Facing Class Action over Opioid Marketing (Sep-28-17)
- Defective St Jude Cardiac Defibrillators Class Action Lawsuit alleging battery depletion defects (Sep-22-17)
- TD Bank Facing Excessive Overdraft Charges Class Action Lawsuit (Jan-11-17)
Lawsuit Settlements and Verdicts
- $28M Xarelto Verdict Against J&J and Bayer (Dec-5-17)
- Judge Doubles Jury Awards in Fracking Crane Operators Unpaid Overtime Lawsuit (Dec-4-17)
- $247M Verdict Rendered In Bellwether DePuy Pinnacle Hip Replacement Trial (Nov-16-17)
- Family Awarded $7M in Prison Suicide Lawsuit (Nov-13-17)
Click to learn more about LawyersandSettlements.com
LawyersAndSettlements.com is a trusted, independent legal news provider specializing in a wide range of legal issues including personal injury lawsuits, class action lawsuits, medical lawsuits and harmful drug cases, employment law cases and labor laws, defective products, auto accidents—all the legal issues that concern and impact our readers' lives. As a trusted, independent legal news provider, our team of legal correspondents, investigative journalists and legal editors research timely legal issues and legal complaints that often develop into lawsuits or class action suits. Our team coverage monitors the latest developments in these cases—from lawsuit or class action filing through final settlement. Given our in-depth coverage of these key legal issues, LawyersAndSettlements.com is also a trusted source of legal information for class action lawyers and personal injury lawyers—as well as for legal researchers, paralegals and law students. Our journalists present not only the facts of each case, they also interview the key participants—class action plaintiffs, personal injury victims, and the class action lawyers and personal injury attorneys who represent them. Whether it's ground-breaking litigation, a drug recall with global reach, or a violation of California labor laws, our team provides the coverage that helps keep you informed.
Often when a reader is confronted with a legal issue or concern, it is a time of confusion and emotional distress. Between possible physical injuries, medical bills and emotional stress, the legal process—and just finding legal information or legal help—can be overwhelming. We understand that. As a matter of fact, while everyone at LawyersAndSettlements.com is well-versed in legal matters, no one on the editorial staff is a lawyer or in any way a part of a law firm. Not only does that ensure our journalistic integrity, but it also allows us to see legal issues from the most important perspective—yours. We understand the legal questions you have. From questions about personal injury settlements to what's involved in addressing medical legal issues or how to find a lawyer to help with employment law cases, LawyersAndSettlements.com provides the answers and legal information you need to help you make informed decisions and find legal help.
Finding a personal injury lawyer or joining a class action lawsuit as a lead plaintiff can be daunting—even for those who've worked with a lawyer previously for personal matters—such as to create a will, file for divorce or establish power of attorney. Knowing that, LawyersAndSettlements.com does accept advertising from personal injury lawyers and class action attorneys—by doing so, lawyers who specialize in medical lawsuits, employment law cases, class action lawsuits and personal injury lawsuits make themselves more accessible to readers who have legal complaints. Having your case reviewed by a lawyer is free—and it only takes a minute or two to submit a claim.
One of the most challenging legal issues that a reader can face is a harmful drug case. Sometimes there has been a drug recall. More often, harmful drug side effects arise without warning—and sometimes it takes quite some time before a diagnosis is made to connect the harmful drug to the negative side effects. As a patient, filing a medical lawsuit or even contacting a medical malpractice attorney, defective medical device lawyer or harmful drug attorney is often the last thing on a harmful drug victim's mind. Medical legal issues often have statutes of limitations for filing medical lawsuits and they can also require a fair amount of documentation—all of which can be overwhelming for a victim. That's why it is often not only easier, but also recommended, to have the details of any medical legal issues reviewed by a lawyer who specializes in medical lawsuits. At LawyersAndSettlements.com, we provide readers with a convenient, trusted and free way to have their medical legal issues reviewed by a lawyer.
Millions of LawyersAndSettlements.com readers benefit from our in-depth coverage of the legal issues that affect all of us every day. Our Class Action and Personal Injury Newsletter provides weekly updates on top legal news stories, new lawsuits, class action suit filings and personal injury settlements. In addition, LawyersAndSettlements.com readers can subscribe to Instant Email Alerts that provide breaking coverage on emerging legal issues, defective product and harmful drug recalls, and FDA warnings and labeling changes on prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications.
Online Legal Media accepts advertising from lawyers, and is not a lawyer referral service. Learn more about us here.