Legal News Videos
When it comes to owning a car, you have more rights than you think. Despite the fact that automobile crashes account for the largest number of car-related lawsuits per year, there are other aspects of automotive law that are important to be aware of.
While most women will develop uterine fibroids at some point in their lives, they typically don't cause problems. When a woman has laparoscopic surgery to remove them, she certainly doesn’t expect any complications. Same for when a woman goes into the hospital for a hysterectomy.
When you get up and go to work every day, you want to know that your employer is acting in good faith and paying you the salary you deserve. But in many instances, this is not the case.
The anticoagulant medication Pradaxa continues to be linked to excessive bleeding and other fatal side effects. Known generically as dabigatran, the medication is used to prevent strokes in patients who suffer from atrial fibrillation and are at higher risk for suffering from strokes.
Two recalls of Gree dehumidifiers have taken place in the past year due to the products overheating and potentially causing damage in homes. The recalls were originally announced in September of 2013 and attorneys are now investigating possible lawsuits against manufacturers on behalf of consumers who claim their homes were damaged due to overheated dehumidifiers.
Do you own a car or truck made by GM? If you do, it may be one of the more than 3.4 million vehicles that has been recalled by the automaker giants due to defective ignition switches.
As of January 1, 2014, domestic workers in California are now covered by overtime pay laws. The law was approved by Governor Jerry Brown in late 2013 and makes domestic workers eligible to receive one-and-one-half their regular pay rate during overtime for the next four years.
The number of lawsuits facing testosterone therapy manufacturers continues to grow, as men who were prescribed AndroGel, Testim, Dep-Testosterone, Fortesta, Striant, Axiron and other "low-T" treatments claim to have suffered life-threatening testosterone side effects like strokes and heart attacks.
To date, about 35,000 transvaginal mesh lawsuits have been filed against the device manufacturers by women alleging to have suffered from a number of severe health issues, including pain during sex, the erosion of vaginal tissue, infection and even death, among others.
It doesn't happen often, but when it does, an injury resulting from the use of a defective product could have potentially fatal consequences.
- Workers Need to Know Their Rights
- Consumer Beware of Defective Products
- Personal Injury Lawyers Help With Compensation
- A personal injury lawyer can help with workers' compensation litigation
- When companies violate the Ohio labor and employment law
- Depakote side effects include birth defects, liver damage
- Accutane acne medication sparks lawsuits
- Bad faith claimed in home warranty lawsuits
- Puerto Rico struggling in wake of UBS Financial Services debacle
- Hundreds file lawsuits over Risperdal side effects
- Concern for men using testosterone gel, lawsuits triggered
- ACS complaints, lawsuits mount over student loans
- Target data breach spurs class action lawsuits
- Mud logging investigation pays off
- Medical errors third-leading cause of death in U.S.
- How LawyersandSettlements.com connects you with a Lawyer
- Risks associated with statins
- Wrongful storage content auctions are illegal
- Brain injuries go beyond concussions
- Birth control sales continue despite drospirenone side effects
- The Lexapro birth defect connection
- People can seek compensation with Securities Fraud lawsuits
- Safyral side effects concerns grow
- Stryker ShapeMatch injuries associated with surgery
- Side effects of Victoza could include cancer
- Yasmin birth control side effects
- Stryker OP putty linked to adverse side effects
- Crestor side effects mount
- Just how safe are airbags?
- Many amusement ride injuries preventable
- More Lipitor lawsuits likely
- Studies point to risks with Infuse
- Evidence mounts against Unum
- Signs of bad faith insurance
- Bill collectors violating federal law
- Variable annuities affect seniors
- Filing a wrongful termination suit in CA
- Elder abuse under-investigated
- Workers fight for unpaid wages
- Financial elder abuse