LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Zicam Smell Loss Legal News Articles & Interviews
January 27, 2012. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Zicam Lawsuit Reportedly Settled ]
Kansas City, MO A man who filed a Zicam lawsuit alleging he suffered from Zicam side effects has reportedly settled his lawsuit. The man claimed he developed permanent Zicam smell loss after using the nasal spray just one time.
December 29, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Scientists Address Anosmia, One of Zicam Side Effects ]
San Francisco, CA Scientists have conducted research at several California universities in order to determine the possible causes and potential remedies for anosmia, one of the alleged Zicam side effects, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
November 11, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Allegations about Zicam Smell Loss Raised in 2006 ]
Scottsdale, AZ When it comes to using medications, patients are sometimes willing to risk some side effects to treat a condition, but when the side effects can be permanent, as with the alleged Zicam side effects, patients may not be so willing to take that risk. In 2009, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a warning about Zicam side effects, reportedly including a risk of the loss of sense of smell. Although the warning came in 2009, it was reportedly not the first time the maker of Zicam heard allegations of Zicam smell loss.
October 26, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ At-Home Tests to Detect Zicam Smell Loss ]
Houston, TX Patients who suspect they may suffer from Zicam side effects such as the reported Zicam smell loss must undergo tests to determine whether or not they have actually suffered damage to their sense of smell. The good news is that a relatively inexpensive home test can help to determine whether the patient really has suffered from Zicam loss of smell.
December 17, 2009. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Two More Cases of Zicam Smell Loss in Hawaii ]
Hawaii Kai, HI Two more residents of the Aloha state have filed lawsuits against pharmaceutical company Matrixx, claiming that Zicam side effects have robbed them of their sense of taste and smell.
December 2, 2009. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ More Evidence that Zicam Users Risk Loss of Smell ]
Washington, DC Yet another study has revealed the devastating effects of smell loss and various other Zicam side effects on unwary Zicam users. Many people are discovering through their Zicam lawyers that the drug was never approved or regulated by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
November 14, 2009. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Zicam User Says Some Food Now Tastes "Like Rotted Garbage" ]
Altoona, FL Barry L. is one of many patients who say they have suffered from Zicam smell loss. And like the other patients, Barry is angry about the Zicam side effects. Unfortunately, Barry has been told that he will never regain his sense of smell.
November 8, 2009. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Flu season brings new remedies and reminders of Zicam side effects ]
Seattle, WA With the highly contagious H1N1flu spreading early and the world heading into the flu season proper, many consumers are switching to homeopathic medications - a fact that has the FDA up in arms over possible side effects, like Zicam smell loss.
October 29, 2009. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Zicam Shareholder Lawsuit Reinstated ]
Phoenix, AZ A federal appeals court has reinstated a shareholder lawsuit, filed against Matrixx Initiatives, which claimed company officials knew about the risks associated with its Zicam cold remedy. The lawsuit was filed in 2004 and alleged that the company hid questions about Zicam's safety from shareholders. Specifically, the cold remedy has been linked with serious Zicam side effects, including Zicam smell loss (anosmia).
October 22, 2009. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ US Drug Watchdog Howls Over Zicam Smell Loss ]
Washington, DC The consumer advocacy group US Drug Watchdog is doing plenty of growling over Zicam smell loss now that the cold and flu season has arrived. Matrixx, the manufacturer of Zicam, has been cited for allegedly knowing for years about the potential for zinc in Zicam to affect the sense of smell but failed to address the issue. Now, consumers suffering from lingering Zicam side effects are seeking out a Zicam lawyer.
- Zicam User Says Smell Loss is a Safety Concern By Heidi Turner (Oct-15-09)
- Zicam: Zinc Reportedly Linked to Smell Loss in 1930s By Heidi Turner (Oct-3-09)
- Zinc Is Good for You, But Not For Your Nose By Gordon Gibb (Sep-23-09)
- Zicam User Says Life is Bland Without Smell and Taste By Heidi Turner (Sep-22-09)
- Zicam side effects may impact manufacturer's earnings in advance of court date By Charles Benson (Sep-13-09)
- Is Zicam Risk Worth the Benefit? By Heidi Turner (Sep-11-09)
- Patients Concerned About Zicam Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Sep-3-09)
- "Smell Ya Later" Does Not Apply to Zicam Smell Loss Plaintiffs By Gordon Gibb (Aug-19-09)
- Zicam User Talks About Loss of Smell By Heidi Turner (Aug-10-09)
- Zicam "Causes Real Damage" By Heidi Turner (Jul-31-09)
- Investor Class Action Launched Over Zicam Side Effects By Gordon Gibb (Jul-22-09)
- Mother Angry About Loss of Sense of Smell After Zicam Use By Heidi Turner (Jul-14-09)
- Zicam Patient Diagnosed with Nerve Damage By Heidi Turner (Jul-7-09)
- Allegations About Zicam Apparently Not New By Heidi Turner (Jun-27-09)
- Zicam Users Don't Smell a Rat (And That's the Problem…) By Gordon Gibb (Jun-19-09)
- Is Shelf Life Of Zicam Nasal Spray In Jeopardy? By Evelyn Pringle (Apr-17-06)