LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Zithromax SJS Legal News Articles & Interviews
April 29, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Leicester, UK: She was a one-time beauty queen. And yet for 24-year-old Marian Adejokun, the use of medication left her in a coma with the upper layer of her skin shredding away from her body, “like a snake.” And Joel Greaves, a United Kingdom tot of three, was afflicted with Stevens Johnson Syndrome. Doctors initially thought he had chicken pox. The boy’s mother noted that little Joel was suffering from the croup and had been given medication. Zithromax, a powerful antibiotic, is sometimes prescribed in association with croup. Was Joel Greaves a victim of Zithromax Stevens Johnson Syndrome?Read [ Was Toddler a Victim of Zithromax Stevens Johnson Syndrome? ]
February 16, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: Back in May 2014, we suggested that a lot hadn’t changed with regard to Zithromax side effects and, specifically, informing consumers as to rare but potentially serious Zithromax reactions of which the medical community is well apprised, but the general public not so much.Read [ Pfizer Still Anemic with Zithromax SJS Info for Consumers ]
December 1, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Fort Wayne, IN: Zithromax Stevens Johnson Syndrome is a raging demon that doesn’t emerge from its lair very often, but when it does, it can be deadly. Doctors, according to a recent report in The Journal Gazette (11/5/15) of Fort Wayne, Indiana, note that Stevens Johnson Syndrome, or SJS, carries with it a 50 percent rate of mortality.Read [ Auto Magnate Survives Stevens Johnson Syndrome ]
October 3, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ UK Man Devastated by SJS and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis ]
Cowichan, UK Andrew Blount, a young computer analyst living in the UK, went to his doctor on September 9 complaining of what he thought was pink eye. The next day he was in the hospital, beginning a journey that has seen the 31-year-old fighting for his life with the most serious form of Stevens Johnson Syndrome, TEN (Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis). A new medication Blount had been taking was deemed to have served as the catalyst for the horrific reaction. While the particular medication was not identified, Zithromax side effects have included Stevens Johnson Syndrome in previous cases.
August 2, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Could New Use for Zithromax Lead to Increased Cases of Stevens Johnson Syndrome? ]
San Diego, CA On the surface, it appears as welcome news; an existing medication that has the potential to be effective in a new indication. However, digging deeper one has to wonder if a perfect storm is on the horizon, given that Zithromax has the potential for use in more people and thus introduces more potential for Zithromax Stevens Johnson Syndrome.
June 7, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ More Patients Suffering Effects of SJS ]
Boston, MA Following news of a big award being upheld in a Stevens Johnson Syndrome lawsuit, more lawsuits alleging a link between common medications and Stevens Johnson Syndrome (SJS) are being filed. Concerns have been raised about a link between Zithromax and Stevens Johnson Syndrome, similar to other common drugs, while SJS lawsuits allege patients were not adequately warned about the risk of a severe, life-threatening allergic reaction.
May 5, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ $63 Million SJS Lawsuit Award Upheld ]
Boston, MA A multimillion-dollar award in an SJS lawsuit has been upheld by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court. The Stevens Johnson Syndrome lawsuit alleged a young girl suffered toxic epidermal necrolysis - a more severe form of Stevens Johnson Syndrome - after using Children’s Motrin. The plaintiffs claimed Johnson & Johnson, makers of Children’s Motrin, failed to warn about the risks associated with the medication.
March 16, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Some Stevens Johnson Syndrome Recovery Stories Miraculous ]
Washington, DC For people who have developed Stevens Johnson Syndrome after using a seemingly innocent medicine - such as Zithromax - recovery might seem more like a miracle than anything else. To take any medication with the hope of getting better and then suffer an even more serious condition, which anyone who has suffered with SJS can tell you the allergic reaction is, would be devastating. But despite the miracle of having survived an SJS ordeal after taking Zithromax or any other medication linked to the condition, patients may still suffer a great deal of loss.
January 6, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Stevens Johnson Syndrome: Just One Little Pill… ]
Los Angeles, CA It’s one of the strangest Stevens Johnson Syndrome stories yet, but one that is no less compelling. The tragedy is that an antibiotic administered to a 19-year-old woman from California wasn’t even prescribed to her. Yaasmeen Castanada had been complaining of a sore throat. A friend sought to help by giving Yaasmeen a pill that she had left over from her own ailment.
September 23, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Is Pfizer Forthcoming to Consumers About Zithromax Stevens Johnson Syndrome? ]
Washington, DC Stevens Johnson Syndrome (SJS) is one of those rare reactions to medication that few understand. Why does skin erupt into a rash, then into blisters, then a progression toward the loss of massive amounts of skin that equates to a serious burn? And this, all happening practically overnight. Many questions, and even less understanding. But one thing is clear: Stevens Johnson Syndrome is usually triggered through a rare allergic reaction to medication. What is less clear is why some manufacturers are less forthcoming in telling the public that Zithromax SJS is a possibility.
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome: Bug Bite Turns Tragic By Heidi Turner (Aug-27-14)
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome Not the Only Risk Option with Zithromax By Gordon Gibb (Jul-27-14)
- The Zithromax Side Effects of Children, in Their Own Words By Gordon Gibb (Jun-25-14)
- Zithromax SJS Warnings: Not Much Has Changed By Gordon Gibb (May-21-14)
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome: When the Side Effects Are Worse Than the Disease By Heidi Turner (Apr-23-14)
- Zithromax Lawsuit Alleges Lack of Zithromax SJS Warning By Gordon Gibb (Mar-26-14)
- Zithromax Side Effects a Nightmare for Parents By Heidi Turner (Feb-28-14)
- Little Boy’s Heroic Battle with SJS Thought to be Induced by Medication By Gordon Gibb (Jan-20-14)
- Two More Drugs Linked to SJS By Heidi Turner (Dec-18-13)
- Zithromax Side Effects: What Patients Don’t Know, Won’t Hurt Them? By Gordon Gibb (Nov-20-13)
- Is Zithromax Being Used Unnecessarily? By Heidi Turner (Oct-16-13)
- Does Over-Prescribing Lead to Increased Zithromax Side Effects? By Gordon Gibb (Sep-25-13)
- FDA Issues Warning About Acetaminophen for Side Effect Linked to Zithromax By Heidi Turner (Aug-14-13)
- Zithromax SJS Rare Skin Reaction By Gordon Gibb (Jul-23-13)
- Exhaustive Study by Vanderbilt Researchers Targets Zithromax Heart By Gordon Gibb (Jun-19-13)
- Health Canada Updates Label for Zithromax By Heidi Turner (May-23-13)
- Zithromax SJS: “We Didn’t Know If He Was Going to Pull Through” By Gordon Gibb (Apr-5-13)
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome: Zithromax Maker Warned About Zmax By Heidi Turner (Mar-11-13)
- How Great a Risk Is Zithromax Stevens Johnson Syndrome? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-22-13)
- Researchers Study Stevens Johnson Syndrome and Blindness By Heidi Turner (Oct-15-12)
- Zithromax Reactions Rare, But Real Nonetheless By Gordon Gibb (Sep-9-12)
- Did Zithromax SJS Contribute to Young Boy's Horror? By Gordon Gibb (Aug-7-12)
- FDA Sends Pfizer a Zithromax Warning Letter By Heidi Turner (Jul-16-12)
- Zithromax Presents As a Sleeper Demon By Gordon Gibb (Jun-28-12)
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome Lawsuit Nets Record Award By Heidi Turner (May-29-12)
- Is Zithromax Linked to Stevens Johnson Syndrome? By Heidi Turner (Apr-18-12)