Kimberlee Blocker was at the hospital to have surgery performed when she was reportedly given the incorrect anesthesia used by another patient, reports WPXI.
READ MORE MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LEGAL NEWS
Blocker's mother, Deborah Blocker, told the news source that doctors at the hospital told her that another patient's syringe was accidentally placed on her daughter's tray.
As a result of the alleged mix-up, Kimberlee Blocker reportedly had to undergo a number of HIV and hepatitis tests to determine if the used needle infected her.
"We cried and cried every time she took her test and had [a] two-week period to wait for results," her mother told the news source.
Blocker said that she was upset about the mistake.
"This is my life we're talking about, how would they feel if this happened to their daughter?" she told the news provider.