An industrial accident is any type of accident that occurs at work. An industrial accident injury is any bodily harm or disease caused by working. People injured in industrial accidents may be able to file an industrial accident claim to recover loss of income, pain and suffering and other economic and punitive damages.
FREE INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENT LAWSUIT EVALUATION
GET LEGAL HELP NOW
Industrial Accident Statistics
The Bureau of Labor Statistics notes that 90 percent of fatal work injuries involves employees in the private industry. The other 10 percent involved government workers. Workers in construction had the highest number of fatalities, while fishing and logging were among the industries with high fatality rates.
Meanwhile, the number of non-fatal occupational injuries and illnesses reported was 3.7 million in 2008, down from approximately 4 million in 2007. More than half of those cases involved days away from work, job transfer or job restriction.
According to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and the National Occupational Research Agenda (NORA), approximately 4 percent of cancer deaths in the US were attributed to occupational cancer; however, that figure is thought to be an underestimation of the actual rate of occupational cancer. Part of the reason for the underestimation is that some cancers do not develop until 15 to 40 years after exposure to the carcinogen.
Types of Industrial Accidents
- Cave in
- Chemical burns
- Chemical spill
- Crush injuries
- Fall from different levels
- Fall from height/elevation
- Farm injuries
- Heat stress
- Occupational cancer
- Flavorings-related lung disease
- Respiratory illness
- Repetitive strain injury
Other Industrial Accident Injuries
Industrial Accident Employer Responsibility
Employers have a duty to provide adequate safety gear to employees, ensure they are properly trained for their jobs and maintain a safe working environment. If they fail to do so and their employees are injured or killed on the job, the employers may be guilty of negligence. Lawsuits against employers who contribute to their employee's injuries include wrongful death and personal injury claims.
Employees injured on the job may be eligible to file a workers compensation claim. If they are injured while working on the seas, they may file a Jones Act claim. If they are injured while working for a railroad, they may file a FELA claim.
Industrial Accident Legal HelpIf you feel you qualify for damages or remedies that might be awarded in a possible industrial accident class action or lawsuit, please click the link below to submit your complaint.
Last updated on
INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENT LEGAL ARTICLES AND INTERVIEWS
Building Explosion Rocks South Los Angeles, Kills 1
Transocean Industrial Accident Results in Lawsuits
READ MORE Employment Settlements and Legal News
READ MORE Personal Injury Settlements and Legal News