Request Legal Help Now - Free


Old South Restaurant and Duke Manufacturing Co.

Camden, SC: In May 2005, James "Buzzy" Arledge died from complications arising from salmonella poisoning three days after eating undercooked turkey at Old South Restaurant. Arledge's family filed a lawsuit against the two companies and claimed only one of three heating elements in a Duke "E Series" electric convection oven at Old South was working. That led the restaurant to undercook the turkey which allowed salmonella to survive. The SC Department of Health and Environmental Control determined that more than 300 people were contaminated by undercooked turkey. Duke will pay the family $344,000 and Old South will pay $184,000. (Nov-13-06) [CHRONICLE INDEPENDENT: SALMONELLA DEATH]

Legal Help

If you have a similar problem and would like to be contacted by a lawyer at no cost or obligation, please click the link below.

Published on Nov-13-06


Please read our comment guidelines before posting.

Note: Your name will be published with your comment.

Your email will only be used if a response is needed.

Are you the defendant or a subject matter expert on this topic with an opposing viewpoint? We'd love to hear your comments here as well, or if you'd like to contact us for an interview please submit your details here.

Request Legal Help Now! - Free