Baby teethers may be contaminated with a bacteria that could cause serious illness.
The [FDA] announced that the manufacturer First Years®, a subsidiary of RC2 Corporation, is voluntarily recalling 500,000 liquid-filled baby teethers across the US and Canada.
The teethers may contain pseudomonas aeruginosa and pseudomonas putida bacteria in the liquid, First Years announced. If the teether is punctured and the liquid ingested, it could pose a serious health hazard to children.
Consumers are warned to stop using the teethers immediately. The products were sold in grocery, drug and specialty stores throughout the US and Canada from July 2005 through January 2006.
Recalled products include:
• Disney Days of Hunny Soft Cool Ring Teether--Style# Y1447
• Disney Soft Cool Ring Teether--Style# Y1470
• Disney Soft Cool Ring Teether--Style# Y1490
• The First Years® Cool Animal Teether/Fish, Zebra and Dinosaur designs--Style# Y1473
• The First Years® Floating Friends Teether-- Style# Y1474
• Sesame Beginnings™ Chill & Chew Teether-- Style# Y3095
If there has been no injury, you should contact the manufacturer.
Contact: First Years at 866-725-4407 or visit the company's [website]
LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Baby Teethers Recalled: May Contain Harmful Bacteria
|. By Jane Mundy|
READ MORE ABOUT Defective Products
ADD YOUR COMMENT ON THIS STORY
Click to learn more about LawyersandSettlements.com