Lawyers and Settlements
Home Page >> News Articles >> Two-Year Old's Death Linked to Bacteria ..

Two-Year Old's Death Linked to Bacteria in Triad Medical Wipes

. By
Houston, TXThe parents of two-year old Harrison Kothari, who died as a result of contracting a rare infection, are suing the makers of Triad Alcohol Prep Pads, having determined that their child's infection acute bacterial meningitis caused by Bacillus cereus, was likely contracted through exposure to product tainted with the same bacteria.

Harrison died on December 1st, 2010, while in hospital recovering from surgery. It wasn't until a relative caught sight of the recall notice on January 5th 2011 for the alcohol wipes and swabs on the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) website. The Triad Alcohol Prep Pads were contaminated with Bacillus cereus.

"These wipes were used in his [Harrison's] care every single day, multiple times a day," Harrison's father, 38-year old Shanoop Kothari, told msnbc.com. And officials at the hospital have confirmed that those alcohol prep products were supplied by Triad.

"We're confident that that's the cause," said Kothari. "There was no other explanation that made any sort of sense. He contracted a very rare bacteria. These swatches were tainted with that bacteria." (msnbc.com)
This week lawyers representing the Kotharis filed a complaint in U.S. District Court in Houston, charging the Triad Group with gross negligence of and seeks damages for the loss of Harrison's life.

ADD YOUR COMMENT ON THIS STORY

Fields marked * are mandatory. Please read our comment guidelines before posting.

*Name:

Note: Your name will be published with your comment.

*Email Address:

Your email will only be used if a response is needed.
*Your Comment:

Are you the defendant or a subject matter expert on this topic with an opposing viewpoint? We'd love to hear your comments here as well, or if you'd like to contact us for an interview please submit your details here.


Click to learn more about LawyersandSettlements.com