Request Legal Help Now - Free


$3.3M Settlement Awarded in Contaminated Water Lawsuit

This is a settlement for the Personal Injury lawsuit.

San Francisco, CA: A woman who was mistakenly given a bottle containing a poisonous chemical instead of drinking water has been awarded $3.3 million in her product liability lawsuit.

Julia Ellis suffered second and third degree burns to her esophagus and subsequent permanent damage, when, in 2007, she was give a bottle labeled "Harrah's Purified Drinking Water." Ellis was at Harvey's Lake Tahoe Hotel and Casino in Stateline, NV, when the incident occurred.

As a result of the damage she sustained, Ellis can now eat only pureed or soft foods. Ellis sued Harvey's and Harrah's on claims of strict products liability, breach of warranty and premises liability. The defense initially blamed the bottler or an unknown third party, but it later admitted liability.

Legal Help

If you have a similar problem and would like to be contacted by a lawyer at no cost or obligation, please click the link below.
Published on Jul-7-11


Please read our comment guidelines before posting.

Note: Your name will be published with your comment.

Your email will only be used if a response is needed.

Are you the defendant or a subject matter expert on this topic with an opposing viewpoint? We'd love to hear your comments here as well, or if you'd like to contact us for an interview please submit your details here.

Request Legal Help Now! - Free