Home Page Settlements Toxic Mold
Toxic MoldBrookfield, CT: (Mar-05-08) Gary J. Tricarico has brought a lawsuit against Miles Lynch, his Brookfield landlord, alleging that the home he and his family were renting was hazardous. The suit claimed that Tricarico had leased the property on 89 Clearview Dr. as a residence for his family and for his architectural engineering business. He lived there with his wife, Julie, and daughter, who was then 8 years old. He stated that the property was infected with toxic mold which was not made known to him prior to signing the lease, at which time he was in excellent health.
After living in the mold infested home, Tricarico claimed the mold began to impact his health and the health of his family members. When Tricarico rapidly gained weight, experienced swollen and painful joints, he thought he was having a recurrence of Lyme disease that he initially was diagnosed with in 1988. But when he went to treat the symptoms as Lyme disease it was not successful. He then hired a testing company from Stamford, called Hygenix Inc., which conducted several tests that revealed elevated levels of mold.
In the lawsuit, Tricarico claims Lynch violated the state statutes by failing to keep the property in a fit and habitable condition. As part of a settlement reached between the parties, the lawsuit was resolved and the landlord agreed to a $190,000 payout. [
Legal HelpIf you have a similar problem and would like to be contacted by a lawyer at no cost or obligation, please click the link below.
Last updated on Mar-6-08
READ MORE [ Environment Settlements and Legal News ]
Asthma, weight gain, pneumonia, bronchitis, vomiting, diarrhea, fevers, chills, migraines, major lethargy, major allergies. Son has missed half of the school year for almost 4 years due to constantly being sick. After being here 2 1/2 years, the dryer maintenance person found that the dryer was not hooked up all that time! Carpet is damp, etc.
ADD YOUR COMMENT ON THIS ISSUE