LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Sheng Hsiang Jen Foods Co
A $16.7 million dollar verdict has been awarded to the parents of an 11-year-old girl who died after eating a gel candy. The suit was filed against Sheng Hsiang Jen Foods Co., the Taiwanese manufacturers of the candy which has since been banned in the United States. The gel candies are sold under many brand names and are packaged in small plastic cups including a piece of fruit surrounded by a type of gel called conjac, which does not dissolve in the mouth but must be chewed. (May-13-03) [MERCURY NEWS]
Legal HelpIf you have a similar problem and would like to be contacted by a lawyer at no obligation, please click the link below to submit your complaint.
Published on May-28-03