Request Legal Help Now - Free
LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION

Families of West Virginia Truck Accident Victims Awarded $2.69 Million

. By
Wayne, WVThe families of four people who were killed in a fatal 2008 truck accident in West Virginia were recently awarded $2.69 million by a jury, reports The Associated Press.

The Wayne County Circuit Court jury ordered Bobby Lynn Frazier of Kentucky to pay 80 percent of the sum, while a car dealership in Ashland, Kentucky, will be responsible for the remaining 20 percent.

Frazier was reportedly charged with four counts of drunk driving resulting in death and received a prison sentence of between six and 26 years, according to the news source.

The accident, which occurred in April 2008, involved Frazier driving a pickup truck that he had stolen from the dealership and hitting another truck head-on, the news provider said. Investigators say that Frazier was driving drunk when the truck accident took place in Kenova, West Virginia.

John Boone, his two children and a family friend were all reportedly killed in the crash, according to the source.

According to city data, there was one fatal accident in Kenova in 2009, the last date for which statistics were available.

READ ABOUT TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWSUITS

Truck Accident Legal Help

If you or a loved one have suffered losses in this case, please click the link below and your complaint will be sent to an accidents lawyer who may evaluate your Truck Accident claim at no cost or obligation.

ADD YOUR COMMENT ON THIS STORY

Fields marked * are mandatory. Please read our comment guidelines before posting.

*Name:

Note: Your name will be published with your comment.

*Email Address:

Your email will only be used if a response is needed.
*Your Comment:

Are you the defendant or a subject matter expert on this topic with an opposing viewpoint? We'd love to hear your comments here as well, or if you'd like to contact us for an interview please submit your details here.


Click to learn more about LawyersandSettlements.com
Request Legal Help Now! - Free