LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Topamax Legal News Articles & Interviews
June 18, 2016. By The National Trial Lawyers.
A Pennsylvania appeals court affirmed the $10.9 million verdict against Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen Pharmaceuticals involving the anti-seizure drug Topamax that caused birth defects.Read [ $10.9 Million Verdict Revived Against Topamax Maker Janssen Pharmaceutical ]
May 7, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ $11 Million Topamax Birth Defect Award Stands ]
Philadelphia, PA An $11 million jury award that went to a Topamax plaintiff in November of last year will stand following the decision of a Philadelphia lawmaker. Court of Common Pleas Judge George W. Overton, in denying Johnson & Johnson (J&J) subsidiary Janssen Pharmaceuticals’ motion for a new trial, upheld the Topamax birth defect jury award for the parents of Brayden Gurley.
March 12, 2014. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Another Victory for Plaintiffs in the Case against Topamax ]
Alton, IL A jury trial in Philadelphia has delivered yet another blow to the manufacturers of Topamax, and ordered Janssen Pharmaceuticals to pay $3 million in damages to Kelly and Brian Anderson and their child, who was born five years ago with a bilateral cleft palate and lip.
January 29, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Prior Topamax Lawsuits Favor Plaintiffs, New Trials About to Start ]
Philadelphia, PA The two most recent lawsuits in the Topamax side effects portfolio, lawsuits that actually constitute the first two lobs into the Topamax MDL multidistrict litigation, may speak to the direction subsequent Topamax and pregnancy lawsuits could take going forward: both lawsuits found for the plaintiffs. And while the defendants announced plans to appeal both verdicts, pundits look at a scoreboard showing 2:0 for the plaintiffs as a telling sign.
December 28, 2013. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Janssen to Appeal Topamax Birth Defect Rulings: Report ]
Philadelphia, PA While most are not surprised that Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceutical Inc. (Janssen, a division of Johnson & Johnson) will appeal two recent Topamax side effects verdicts that found for the plaintiffs, industry watchers wonder if the verdicts amount to a tolling of the bell that may reverberate through the courts amidst subsequent Topamax lawsuits.
December 18, 2013. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Topamax Birth Defects Lawsuit Reaches $11 Million Verdict ]
Philadelphia, PA An $11 million verdict has been awarded to the parents of a child born with congenital defects due to Topamax, an anticonvulsant drug, which his mother took during pregnancy.
November 19, 2013. By LAS Staff Writer.
Read [ J&J Ordered to Pay $10M: Topamax Verdict ]
HOUSTON, TEXAS, Nov 18, 2013 (Press Release) A Philadelphia jury decided Janssen Pharmaceuticals must pay over $10 million in damages to the parents of a five-year-old boy who developed cleft lip and other birth defects after being exposed to the anticonvulsant drug Topamax during his mother’s pregnancy.
October 26, 2013. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Topamax Lawsuit Underway ]
Philadelphia, PA A Topamax lawsuit alleging that Topamax side effects include a risk of birth defects is underway in Philadelphia. The lawsuit alleges Janssen Pharmaceuticals did not warn expectant mothers about the risk of Topamax side effects in children.
September 27, 2013. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ What Impact Do Topamax Birth Defects Have on Adolescents? ]
Washington, DC The medication known as Topamax topiramate is a drug that carries several uses: management and mitigation of epileptic seizures, or the easing of symptoms associated with migraine headaches. Given topiramate’s capacity to promote weight loss, it’s now marketed in combination with phentermine as Qsymia and has been available for about a year in that formulation.
August 6, 2013. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Keeping Topamax Side Effects Top of Mind ]
Washington, DC There are so many issues with regard to Topamax side effects, it’s hard to know where to begin. But suffice to say that a medication designed to mitigate seizures and migraine headaches can prove a headache unto itself.
- Topamax Headache or Heartache? By Gordon Gibb (Jul-6-13)
- Study Examines Topamax Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Jun-25-13)
- With More Topiramate Out There, Will Topamax Birth Defects Increase? By Gordon Gibb (May-7-13)
- Australian Study Links Fetal Malformation to Topamax By Heidi Turner (Apr-8-13)
- Topamax a Potential Risk for Children and Infants By Heidi Turner (Mar-29-13)
- Does Your Doctor Know That Topamax Is Linked to Birth Defects? By Jane Mundy (Feb-26-13)
- Topiramate Birth Defects - The Cost to Our Unborn Children By Gordon Gibb (Jan-28-13)
- With Topiramate in More Medications, Will Topiramate Side Effects Increase? By Gordon Gibb (Dec-28-12)
- Woman, 20, Suffers Acute Vision Loss From Topiramate By Gordon Gibb (Nov-30-12)
- FDA Petitioned to Remove Diabetes Med Victoza (Liraglutide) from the Market By Lucy Campbell (May-30-12)
- FDA Advisory Panel Discusses Topamax Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Oct-1-11)
- Concerns about Topamax Side Effects Raised By Heidi Turner (Aug-26-11)
- Johnson & Johnson Eyes New Oversight Panel in Light of Topamax Side Effects By Charles Benson (Aug-3-11)
- Johnson & Johnson Sales Take Hit with Continued Topamax Side Effects Fallout By Charles Benson (Jul-22-11)
- Were Patients Adequately Warned About Topamax Side Effects? By Heidi Turner (Jul-14-11)
- Topamax a Double-Edged Sword for Women By Gordon Gibb (Jul-7-11)
- Study Suggests Increased Risk of Topamax Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Jun-29-11)
- New Research Suggests Topamax Birth Defects Risk By Charles Benson (Jun-21-11)
- Topamax Side Effects: Children May Require Extensive Medical Interventions By Heidi Turner (Jun-15-11)
- Danish Study Points to Topamax Birth Defects By Gordon Gibb (Jun-6-11)
- Topamax Attorney: Oral Clefts Can Require Many Surgeries By Heidi Turner (May-26-11)
- Johnson & Johnson Sales Hurt by Topamax Side Effects By Charles Benson (May-20-11)
- Topamax Attorney Nicole Maldonado: "These Families Have Suffered" By Heidi Turner (May-12-11)
- Topamax Side Effects: From the Extreme to the Sublime By Gordon Gibb (May-7-11)
- Weight-Loss Drug Effective despite Topamax Side Effects By Charles Benson (Apr-30-11)
- Topamax Recalled, Questions Remain By Gordon Gibb (Apr-15-11)
- Topamax Birth Defects: Another Drug for Pregnant Women to Watch For? By Heidi Turner (Apr-8-11)
- FDA Warns of Topamax Birth Defects By Charles Benson (Apr-1-11)
- Topamax Side Effects Top of Mind for Parents By Gordon Gibb (Mar-23-11)
- FDA Warns about Topamax Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Mar-14-11)
- FDA Warns of Risk of Oral Birth Defects in Children Born to Mothers Taking Topiramate By Lucy Campbell (Mar-4-11)