LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Statin Legal News Articles & Interviews
August 28, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: There is little doubt that the cholesterol-fighting drug Zetia (ezetimibe) has travelled a rocky road since it was first approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2002. And while several years have passed since the controversial delay in releasing study results into potential Zetia side effects, issues involving Zetia and its cousin Vytorin (Zetia in combination with a statin) continue to lazily percolate like water at a gentle boil.Read [ Zetia and Vytorin Continue to be Controversial ]
November 18, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: AstraZeneca, the manufacturer of Crestor, recently released its third-quarter (Q3) results for 2015 during which the company referenced various patent and personal injury lawsuits for the benefit of investors and analysts concerned, as they are, about all aspects of doing business. And a Crestor lawsuit, for a pharmaceutical firm, is simply part of doing business. However, various Crestor side effects have not only been fueling lawsuits, but have also been raising the ire of health advocates for some time.Read [ Concern Over Crestor Side Effects Is Old News ]
September 10, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Crestor Lawsuits Still Percolating ]
Los Angeles, CA Not that Americans could be accused of popping any medication like candy. But there are times when consumers have become so desensitized to medications, that popping a pill such as an aspirin or a statin to rein in bad cholesterol is rarely given a second thought. However, with statins, and specifically Crestor, a second thought might be warranted with regard to Crestor side effects.
July 24, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Are Statins Linked to Aggression? ]
Boston, MA When people start taking Crestor, they likely watch for some of the reported Crestor side effects that affect them physically. Not many people think to watch for emotional side effects linked to medications. But a recently published study suggests statins may be linked to increased aggression in women.
May 15, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Vytorin Has a Complex History ]
Washington, DC The new study on Vytorin may be out, and it may signal good news for its drug maker, but as far back as 2008, there were serious concerns about how Merck and Schering-Plough planned to study potential Vytorin side effects. Concerns were so high that on March 31, 2008, Senator Chuck Grassley sent a letter to Merck and Schering-Plough outlining his worries.
May 6, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Crestor: Life Preserver or Condoned Statin Predator? ]
Washington, DC There is no question that as statin drugs go, Crestor is one of the success stories. According to the New York Times and the Associated Press (AP 5/1/15), Medicare and Medicaid spent $2.2 billion on Crestor in 2013, reflected in figures released by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. And while Crestor is just one of a basket of statins designed to lower levels of the so-called “bad” cholesterol thought to promote heart disease and foster heart attacks, there are various Crestor Side Effects that worry both patients and those doctors who feel that taking a statin may not be necessary for those who are not at a higher risk for cardiovascular issues.
April 15, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Merck Pushes Positive Vytorin Results ]
San Diego, CA As more information on a recent Vytorin study is released, Merck has continued to tout the positive findings of that study. Vytorin side effects have been at the heart of Vytorin lawsuits, alleging patients were put at risk of health problems due to their use of the drug.
March 27, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Vytorin Brightens with IMPROVE-IT, but Vytorin Lawsuits Remain ]
San Diego, CA The folks at Merck & Co. and their Vytorin partner Schering-Plough Corp. can be forgiven if they are enjoying the re-birth of Vytorin and the accompanying optimism after enduring the scorn that accompanied the delayed release of the ENHANCE study in 2008. The most recent “IMPROVE-IT” study was designed to foster a better outcome, and the study delivered. The future of Vytorin is much rosier. However, questions surrounding Vytorin side effects remain. And many a Vytorin lawsuit stemming from the two-year delay in releasing the ENHANCE results continues to hang over Merck’s head.
March 18, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Crestor Issues Maintain Center Stage in Crestor Lawsuits ]
Austin, TX While a Crestor lawsuit alleging the withholding of test results linking Crestor to diabetes and other side effects quietly percolates through the courts, a couple of one-year anniversaries are due later this year that affords no cheer for health advocates concerned with the adverse event profile for rosuvastatin (Crestor), and other statin drugs in the class.
February 20, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Have Crestor Side Effects Done Me In? ]
Toronto, ON Can we talk? Thank you. This is written in the first person as the subject at hand is Crestor and I have been mandated to take the stuff by my doctor. I fit the profile: I am middle-aged and my so-called “bad” LDL cholesterol is a tad on the high side. For various reasons he has me on 30 mg per day, which may be reduced going forward as needed. I hope so. Because I might have Crestor diabetes.
- Zetia and Vytorin: Never Say Never By Gordon Gibb (Jan-29-15)
- 2014: The Year the FDA Said No to a Black Box for Statins By Gordon Gibb (Jan-16-15)
- Examining the IMPROVE-IT Vytorin Results By Heidi Turner (Dec-29-14)
- More Crestor Side Effects on the Horizon? By Heidi Turner (Dec-15-14)
- Study Finds Benefit to Vytorin, but Is It Credible? By Heidi Turner (Nov-20-14)
- Despite Concerns about Side Effects, Crestor the Most Prescribed Drug By Heidi Turner (Nov-13-14)
- Medical Industry Waits for Study on Vytorin By Heidi Turner (Oct-29-14)
- Some Statins Linked to Peripheral Neuropathy: Is Crestor among Them? By Gordon Gibb (Oct-14-14)
- New Vytorin Study Results on the Way By Heidi Turner (Sep-27-14)
- Study Examines Link between Statins and Microvascular Disease By Heidi Turner (Sep-16-14)
- Of All Vytorin Side Effects, Potential for Cancer Is Getting Traction By Gordon Gibb (Aug-31-14)
- Are Statins and Crestor Side Effects Worse Than Claimed? By Gordon Gibb (Aug-22-14)
- Two Studies Suggest Risk of Diabetes with Statins Such As Crestor By Heidi Turner (Jul-26-14)
- New Research, Lawsuit Suggest Crestor Issues Can Be Serious By Gordon Gibb (Jun-22-14)
- What Are the Risks of Statin Side Effects? By Heidi Turner (May-21-14)
- Consumer Reports Weighs in On Crestor Issues By Heidi Turner (Apr-24-14)
- Lipitor Faces US Lawsuits. Will Canadian Lipitor Lawsuits Also Be Filed? By Heidi Turner (Apr-11-14)
- New Treatment Guidelines Could Put 13 Million Americans on Statin Drugs By Lucy Campbell (Mar-20-14)
- Attorneys in Canada Investigating Lipitor Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Mar-8-14)
- Researcher Says Benefits of Statins Like Crestor May Be Overstated By Gordon Gibb (Mar-4-14)
- Could Statin Use Such As Crestor Indirectly Trigger Heart Attacks in Men? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-5-14)
- Statin Study: Should Patients Eat an Apple Instead? By Heidi Turner (Jan-21-14)
- How Will New Guidelines Impact Crestor Side Effects? By Gordon Gibb (Dec-15-13)
- Is Crestor for Everyone Over 50? By Heidi Turner (Nov-2-13)
- Statin Side Effects Might Include Cataracts By Heidi Turner (Oct-10-13)
- Lawsuit Updates: The Latest on Lipitor & Crestor By Lucy Campbell (Oct-9-13)
- Are Crestor Side Effects Worth a One Percent Benefit? By Gordon Gibb (Sep-10-13)
- Did Crestor Issues Stop Me Cold? By Gordon Gibb (Aug-16-13)
- Study Links Statins to Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Jul-3-13)
- Fear of Crestor Side Effects Keeps Me Awake at Night By Gordon Gibb (Jun-13-13)
- Critics Question Liptruzet By Heidi Turner (May-5-13)
- Higher Risk of Crestor Kidney Problems with Higher Statin Doses: Study By Gordon Gibb (May-2-13)
- Statin Study Suggests Patients Can Discontinue Treatment By Heidi Turner (Apr-4-13)
- As Crestor Issues Go, Man-Boobs Sail under the Radar By Gordon Gibb (Mar-15-13)
- Attorney Ben Stewart: Vytorin “Controversial” By Heidi Turner (Mar-7-13)
- Despite Health Agencies’ Assurances, Crestor and Statins Still a Concern By Gordon Gibb (Feb-2-13)
- Researchers Examine Crestor Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Jan-14-13)
- Are Crestor Issues Slowly Killing You One Cell at a Time? By Gordon Gibb (Dec-29-12)
- Crestor: And the Risks Just Keep On Coming… By Gordon Gibb (Nov-22-12)
- New Findings Further Fuels Debate Over Benefits of Crestor By Gordon Gibb (Oct-30-12)