LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
West Virginia Legal News Articles & Interviews
January 1, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Cleveland, OH:Across the U.S., city and county newspapers looking back on 2017 say the top news story was the opioid crisis. And opioid litigation already looks like it will dominate legal news in 2018.Read [ Opioid Epidemic Biggest News Story in 2017, Opioid Litigation May be Biggest Legal News in 2018 ]
July 7, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Chicago, IL: A bank that isn’t really a bank in the traditional sense has been hit yet again with Comenity Bank TCPA violations by plaintiffs who assert the bank’s use of robocalling and other, allegedly unlawful methods of contact amounted to undue harassment and flies in the face of regulations governed by the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).Read [ For Comenity Bank, TCPA Violation Lawsuit Keep Coming ]
August 27, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Wrongly Denied Long Term Disability Benefits, Canadian Woman Loses Her Home ]
Victoria, BC This is a story about two women: one Canadian, the other American. Both require long term disability benefits and have been denied. We’ll start with the Canadian, Lois Powell, who suffered injuries when her car was rear-ended, and after she could no longer work a $300 weekly payment from her insurer would be the difference between maintaining her lifestyle, and losing her home.
June 6, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Attorney Discusses RICO Lawsuit Involving Governor and Oil Companies: California’s “Water-Gate” ]
Bakersfield, CA Just when you think the water situation in California can’t get much worse, fracking in Kern County has resulted in contaminated water that has so far killed one plaintiff’s cherry orchard. A RICO lawsuit filed two days ago claims that Governor Jerry Brown’s office ordered the California Division of Oil, Gas, and Geothermal Resources (DOGGR) to approve permits to inject contaminated water, which violates the Safe Drinking Water Act.
“The potential impact to our food supply and water supply is enormous,” says attorney Patricia Oliver.
March 24, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Fracking Linked to Adrenal Problems ]
Valley Grove, WV Five years ago Mollie and her husband purchased their dream home in the country. Chesapeake Energy a few years later started fracking nearby and their dream turned into a nightmare. Mollie believes her adrenal issues and other health problems are directly caused by hydraulic fracturing contamination.
December 22, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ New York State to Permanently Ban Hydraulic Fracturing in 2015 ]
New York, NY Opponents of fracking and those concerned over the health effects of hydraulic fracturing water contamination and similar issues are applauding a decision by the administration of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo to ban fracking in the state of New York. At a press conference December 17, Cuomo noted that potential health issues and risks to the environment stemming from a state review were too compelling to ignore.
September 24, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Study: People Who Live Near Fracking Sites More Likely to Report Health Problems ]
Pittsburgh, PA While many people have discussed the possibility that hydraulic fracturing and fracking contamination are linked to health problems in people who live near the sites, not a lot of research has been done into the issue. Water contamination and other lawsuits have been filed alleging people who lived near the sites suffered injury or illness as a result, but still not a lot is known about the potential link between fracking and health problems.
August 18, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Fracking Lawsuit Based on Nuisance Dismissed ]
Karnes County, TX A Texas judge’s decision in favor of two oil companies in a recent fracking lawsuit may affect past and future hydraulic fracking claims that are based on emissions creating a nuisance and not with solid scientific and medical evidence.
July 6, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ New Earthquake-Fracking Lawsuits? ]
Bokoshe, OK Recent evidence from a number of scientists indicate that earthquakes in the US, including the largest quakes that occurred in Central Oklahoma, are linked to fracking, which will likely spur earthquake-fracking lawsuits against the oil and gas industry.
June 3, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Fracking—the Great Divide ]
San Francisco, CA Both Democrats and Republicans last week sided with the oil industry and rejected a bill that would have put a temporary stop to fracking in the state of California.
- Fracking Verdict Positive News for People Sickened by Fracking Contamination By Jane Mundy (May-20-14)
- Ohio Links Fracking to Earthquakes By Heidi Turner (Apr-21-14)
- Is Fracking Linked to Earthquakes? By Heidi Turner (Mar-18-14)
- Following Suit: Telemarketing Lawsuit Update By Lucy Campbell (Feb-27-14)
- Fracking Leads to Cracks in Home Foundation and Water Contamination By Jane Mundy (Feb-21-14)
- Celebs Join Fracking Fight By Jane Mundy (Jan-16-14)
- A Busy Year Ahead for AMS Transvaginal Mesh Maker By Jane Mundy (Jan-16-14)
- Martinsburg Woman Files Lipitor Atorvastatin Type 2 Diabetes Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Dec-26-13)
- Fracking Elves Deliver Early Christmas Present By Jane Mundy (Dec-24-13)
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawsuit Filed Over Credit Disability Insurance By Heidi Turner (Dec-5-13)
- Wyoming Supreme Court to Hear Fracking Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Nov-3-13)
- California Ocean Fracking: Another Fraccident Waiting to Happen? By Jane Mundy (Oct-15-13)
- Fracking Company Sent Packing By Jane Mundy (Sep-25-13)
- “They Set Me on Fire” By Brenda Craig (Aug-31-13)
- From Gavel to Shackles: Celeb and Sierra Club Protest Fracking By Jane Mundy (Aug-20-13)
- Lawsuit Alleges Bard Knew Its Device Was Unsuitable for Use in Humans By Heidi Turner (Jul-24-13)
- The Case against Fracking: Forensic Chemist Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jul-7-13)
- Asbestos Exposure Not Limited to Heavy Industry By Heidi Turner (Jul-5-13)
- Internet Payday Loan Companies Under Fire for Unethical Practices By Heidi Turner (Jun-30-13)
- Next Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit Set to Commence in July By Gordon Gibb (Jun-27-13)
- New Brunswick First Nation Says No Fracking By Jane Mundy (Jun-9-13)
- “We Can Light Our Water on Fire,” Says Fracking Victim By Jane Mundy (May-19-13)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Victim Says Engagement Is Off By Jane Mundy (May-4-13)
- Legislators Trying to Temporarily Stall California Fracking By Gordon Gibb (Apr-21-13)
- Fracking Lawsuits Filed by Those For and Against It By Heidi Turner (Mar-24-13)
- If Zoloft Is Proven Ineffective, Then Zoloft Birth Defects All the More Tragic By Gordon Gibb (Mar-21-13)
- “Frack Hack” Diagnosis: Fracking Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Feb-18-13)
- Avaulta Transvaginal Mesh Trials Begin By Jane Mundy (Feb-12-13)
- Hydraulic Fracking Hits the Big Screen By Gordon Gibb (Jan-16-13)
- Colorado Town Faces Lawsuits Over Fracking Ban By Gordon Gibb (Dec-8-12)
- Superstorm Sandy Spawns Superstorm Charity Scams By Lucy Campbell (Nov-6-12)
- “Fracking Contaminated My Well Water” By Jane Mundy (Oct-18-12)
- Avaulta Mesh Lawsuits Filed and Awarded to Wives and their Partners By Jane Mundy (Oct-9-12)
- Fracking and Legal Recourse: Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Sep-25-12)
- Famous Musician Weighs In On Hydraulic Fracking By Gordon Gibb (Sep-6-12)
- Nineteen Plaintiffs File Suit Against Zoloft in West Virginia By Gordon Gibb (Aug-31-12)
- Avaulta Mesh: Attorney Update By Jane Mundy (May-25-12)
- ER Overcharges Outrageous By Jane Mundy (May-15-12)
- Trial Date Set for First Federal Avaulta Mesh Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (May-8-12)
- Avaulta Mesh: Patients Are Not the Women They Once Were By Gordon Gibb (Apr-1-12)