LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Washington Legal News Articles & Interviews
January 16, 2018. By Lucy Campbell.
Seattle, WA: Amazon and Jungle Trux, based in King County, WA, have started the new year facing an unpaid overtime and employment class action lawsuit. The lawsuit was filed by two package delivery drivers who allege Jungle Trux and Amazon failed to pay them overtime, undercounted their hours, and failed to provide them with required breaks.Read [ Jungle Trux Drivers the Latest to Challenge Unpaid Meal and Rest Breaks ]
January 1, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Cleveland, OH:Across the U.S., city and county newspapers looking back on 2017 say the top news story was the opioid crisis. And opioid litigation already looks like it will dominate legal news in 2018.Read [ Opioid Epidemic Biggest News Story in 2017, Opioid Litigation May be Biggest Legal News in 2018 ]
October 29, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Olympia, WA: In Washington State, it appears there’s a bit more to worry about for Washingtonians beyond the potential for a situation that may result in a Washington State workers comp lawsuit, or a WA denied workers comp claim. The greater issue appears to be a continued rise in premiums that makes Washington state amongst the most expensive regions in the US for claims.Read [ Denial of Benefits May not be the Only Problem Plaguing WA Workers Comp ]
September 22, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Seattle, WA A Health Benefit Trust that covers Alaskan State Employees is the lead plaintiff in a class action lawsuit against St. Jude’s Medical and Abbott Laboratories seeking compensation for costs related to defective lithium battery powered implantable cardiac defibrillators.Read [ Insurers Seek Compensation from St. Jude’s Medical in Class Action Lawsuit ]
September 19, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Seattle, WA: One of the world’s leading manufacturers of endoscopes, and a target of a wrongful death trial in an endoscope lawsuit, escaped liability for a patient’s fatal infection but was nonetheless compelled to pay almost $6.6 million to the hospital involved for failing to adequately instruct hospital staff.Read [ Olympus Tagged with Partial Liability in Endoscope Lawsuit ]
August 2, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Spokane, WA: “If Vegas World had a warning about Abilify on their site I would have thought twice,” says Debra. “Sometimes I spent the entire day there but now I spend time worrying about how I’ll ever get out of debt.” Debra gambled away her student loan and maxed out her credit cards. Now she suffers from depression as well as bi-polar disorder.Read [ Abilify Victim Gambled away Student Loan and More… ]
June 28, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Seattle, WA: When Sharon had a Hip replacement she expected, and was told, it would improve her quality of life, her overall well-being. Instead, her health has deteriorated and she is totally disabled. And her third hip revision surgery is scheduled for next month.Read [ Hip Replacement Patient says Better Off Without ]
March 18, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Seattle, WA: Almost two years after heart bypass surgery Raymond received a letter in the mail. “It said they had used the Stockert 3T heater-cooler system machine during my initial surgery and that there had been problems attributed to that machine,” he says. The letter didn’t say how Raymond should proceed with a Stockert 3T complaint –but his attorney can.Read [ Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler System Letter: Evidence, Explanation or Apology? ]
March 5, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Seattle, WA It’s almost a century since two Canadian researchers discovered insulin could save the lives of diabetics. They believed that no one should profit from their remarkable discovery and sold the patent to the University of Toronto for $1. Changes to the production of insulin and expiring patents have changed all that. Today, insulin is big business.Read [ Fighting Back Against the High Cost of Insulin ]
January 12, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Seattle, WA: The FDA recommended back in 2010 that IVC filters be removed as soon at the risk passed and in 2014 repeated this communication, adding that filter pieces could migrate within the body. And judging from the growing number of IVC Filter lawsuits, including two inferior vena cava (IVC) filter class actions in Canada, the device may soon be pulled from the market.Read [ IVC Filters: Remove from Body and Market ]
- Cancer Survivor Hopes Taxotere Lawsuit will Channel her Anger By Jane Mundy (Nov-30-16)
- More to IVC Filter Failure Than Meets the Eye By Gordon Gibb (Nov-27-16)
- More Talcum Powder Lawsuits Filed as Woman Awarded $70 Million By Heidi Turner (Nov-26-16)
- Olympus Duodenoscopes: Failure to Warn “Disturbing” By Gordon Gibb (Oct-23-16)
- Kentucky Files Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit Against J&J for Deceptive Marketing By Jane Mundy (Aug-30-16)
- Brink’s Unpaid Wages: The Downside to Being “On” at All Times By Gordon Gibb (Jun-10-16)
- California Files Securities Lawsuit against Morgan Stanley By Heidi Turner (Apr-15-16)
- Chipotle Faces Securities Lawsuit, among Others By Heidi Turner (Jan-25-16)
- Janitors Taking on Fred Meyer in Washington Employment Class Action By Gordon Gibb (Jan-19-16)
- When a Car Recall Leads to a Securities Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Nov-14-15)
- FINRA Orders UBS to Pay Almost $3M By Heidi Turner (Sep-10-15)
- FINRA Awards Couple $16.6 Million By Heidi Turner (Jul-16-15)
- SEC Files Securities Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (May-7-15)
- FINRA Fines Increased in 2014 By Heidi Turner (Mar-7-15)
- Half of All US Workers Are Women: All Eyes on Supreme Court Interpretation By Gordon Gibb (Dec-9-14)
- Washington Insurer to Cover Developmental Disabilities By Heidi Turner (Nov-9-14)
- More Than One Way to Skin a Cat Over Washington LTD Benefits By Gordon Gibb (Oct-11-14)
- What You Should Know About Denied Disability: Washington Disability Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Sep-30-14)
- Trio of Washington Bad Faith Insurance Lawsuits Spurs Action By Gordon Gibb (Sep-3-14)
- Attorney Helps Win Denied Disability Appeal, with Back Pay By Jane Mundy (Aug-4-14)
- Washington Long-Term Disability Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Jul-14-14)
- How Disability Insurance Works with ERISA: Disability Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jul-7-14)
- Restaurant Lawsuit Could Have Implications for Overtime Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Dec-23-13)
- Washington Overtime Lawsuit Filed against Les Schwab By Heidi Turner (Nov-15-13)
- Securities Lawyer: Securities Fraud Happens Every Day By Heidi Turner (Nov-12-13)
- How Financial Elder Abuse Works By Brenda Craig (Oct-29-13)
- Securities Lawsuit Could Affect Future Securities Fraud Claims By Heidi Turner (Oct-25-13)
- Washington State Tough on Elder Fraud By Brenda Craig (Oct-24-13)
- Was Washington Whistleblower’s Layoff Retaliation? By Gordon Gibb (Oct-15-13)
- Drug Company Settles Securities Lawsuit for $40 Million By Heidi Turner (Sep-25-13)
- Former Administrator Sues for Wrongful Termination in Washington State By Gordon Gibb (Sep-11-13)
- Bank of America Faces Securities Fraud Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Aug-11-13)
- Citigroup Settles Securities Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Jun-22-13)
- Danger at a Higher Cost: Da Vinci Robot Lawsuits Allege Robot Injury By Gordon Gibb (May-26-13)
- Misleading Statements in Securities Fraud By Heidi Turner (May-25-13)
- Beyaz Side Effects: More Birth Control Options Not Necessarily Better By Heidi Turner (May-12-13)
- Bank of America Will Pay $165 Million to Settle Securities Complaints By Heidi Turner (Apr-18-13)
- Morgan Keegan Settlement “Not Fair,” Says Attorney By Brenda Craig (Apr-12-13)
- Amgen Securities Lawsuit Allowed to Continue By Heidi Turner (Mar-15-13)
- S&P Accused of Securities Fraud By Heidi Turner (Feb-23-13)