LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Texas Legal News Articles & Interviews
Google Gmail is “Creepy”, says a Non-Gmail User Filing Complaint
October 11, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
San Francisco, CA: If you are one of the 1.4 billion Gmail users around the globe, you are likely more than familiar with annoying online ads. But so too are email users who didn’t sign up to Gmail. People like Rick, who is fed up with barrages of ads. And people like Rick are filing Google complaints.Read [ Google Gmail is “Creepy”, says a Non-Gmail User Filing Complaint ]
Google Mail California Claims Expire end of September: File Now, Attorney Urges
September 14, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Google Mail California Claims Expire end of September: File Now, Attorney Urges ]
Santa Clara, CA: Attorney Ray Gallo has filed a lawsuit against Google on behalf of individuals seeking compensation for invasion of privacy. Gallo says that if you do not use Gmail but sent an email to a Gmail user, Google intercepted it and processed it for advertising purposes, and you may be owed $5,000 under the California Invasion of Privacy Act.
“The Public Must Pressure Johnson & Johnson to List all their Talcum Powder Ingredients", says Attorney
March 31, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Austin, TX: By now, most everyone following the talcum powder lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson know the company is accused of failure to warn consumers about ovarian cancer risks. What they likely don’t know is that J&J isn’t required to disclose all the ingredients in their talc recipe. Attorney Mark Mueller urges the public to demand transparency…Read [ “The Public Must Pressure Johnson & Johnson to List all their Talcum Powder Ingredients", says Attorney ]
The Curious Case of the Disappearing DePuy Damages
March 24, 2018. By Anne Wallace.
Dallas, TX: The bellwether defective hip implant lawsuits that were tried in the Northern District of Texas as part of multidistrict litigation 2244 have yielded some staggering awards for the plaintiffs. The latest Alice hip failure lawsuit ended with a $247 million award to six plaintiffs. A previous bellwether trial awarded $1.4 billion to a group of six plaintiffs, and another lawsuit ended with a $502 million jury award to five plaintiffs.Read [ The Curious Case of the Disappearing DePuy Damages ]
First Responders Sue after Chemical Plant Meltdown during Hurricane Harvey
March 9, 2018. By Brenda Craig.
Crosby, TX If they'd been told just how dangerous the Arkema Inc. chemical plant could become the plaintiffs would have taken more precautions, but according to the statement of claim filed in a Texas court, Arkema's failure to warn authorities and the public resulted in serious injuries to a team of first responders and nearby residents.Read [ First Responders Sue after Chemical Plant Meltdown during Hurricane Harvey ]
Attorney is Hopeful Current Opioid Litigation will Pave the Way for Individual Opioid Lawsuits
March 3, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Dallas, TX: "With all these opioid lawsuits filed against big Pharma, manufacturers, distributors and pharmacy chains, we are hopeful that a treasure trove of discovery will be uncovered to help individuals," says attorney Shezad Malik. "This teacher, this fireman, so many people wouldn't have fallen into the opioid trap if these drugs weren't pushed on them by their doctor or hospital."Read [ Attorney is Hopeful Current Opioid Litigation will Pave the Way for Individual Opioid Lawsuits ]
Houston, We Have a Problem with DePuy ASR Hip Replacement
February 13, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Southlake, TX: Some DePuy ASR hip replacement patients are having problems finding a surgeon to perform revision surgery. Besides having to deal with a defective medical device, surgeons are in a dilemma and the FDA could have done more to help patients.Read [ Houston, We Have a Problem with DePuy ASR Hip Replacement ]
Mother of Tasered Teen Files First Responder Misconduct Lawsuit in Texas
February 5, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Austin, TX: A first responder misconduct lawsuit alleging police abuse was filed last month against the City of Austin, Texas. The plaintiff, the mother of a teenaged boy, alleges an officer with the Austin Police Department used excessive force on her son and is seeking $1 million in punitive damages.Read [ Mother of Tasered Teen Files First Responder Misconduct Lawsuit in Texas ]
Transvaginal Mesh Collateral Damage Too High for TVM Settlement
January 21, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Houston, TX: Although Jordan will receive compensation from Boston Scientific for transvaginal mesh injuries, she says the settlement cannot cover the collateral damage suffered not only by her injuries but also by her family.Read [ Transvaginal Mesh Collateral Damage Too High for TVM Settlement ]
DePuy Hip’s Million Dollar Surgeons “Taking Share of Business”
December 24, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Dallas, TX: In a recent hip replacement trial, plaintiffs’ lawyer showed to the jury records whereby DePuy paid its Pinnacle hip "design surgeons" more than $184 million in royalties that he argued were kickbacks. And jurors watched a video of a 2008 DePuy sales conference themed “Taking Share of Business”. To the lyrics of “Takin’ Care of Business” by the rock group Bachman-Turner Overdrive, DePuy’s former top marketer leads a parade with costumed alligators, a bloodied man with a hatchet and a giant metal hip implant. The plaintiffs won.Read [ DePuy Hip’s Million Dollar Surgeons “Taking Share of Business” ]
- Not Too Late for Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Dec-14-17)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma Victim Was a Sitting Judge in Texas By Gordon Gibb (Nov-29-17)
- First Responder Medical Malpractice Lawsuit in Texas Seeks $1 Million By Gordon Gibb (Nov-11-17)
- Texas Plaintiff Joins Flood of Lawsuits Citing Ethicon Physiomesh Problems By Gordon Gibb (Nov-4-17)
- Six Sue Tristar for Exploding Pressure Cooker Injuries By Anne Wallace (Oct-29-17)
- East Texas County Joins Legal War Against Opioid Manufacturers By Brenda Craig (Oct-12-17)
- Signs of Movement in the Taxotere Litigation Process By Brenda Craig (Aug-27-17)
- Deadline Set in $300 Million Settlement in Benicar Lawsuit – Short Window! By Brenda Craig (Aug-10-17)
- Contractor Not to Blame for Veterans’ Health Problems By Brenda Craig (Aug-9-17)
- Another DePuy Defective Hip Implant Lawsuit Heads to Trial By Anne Wallace (Aug-5-17)
- Employers Can’t Eat in to Workers’ Lunch Period says Lawsuit By Brenda Craig (Jul-2-17)
- Party Animal “Cocolicious” Dog Food Subject of Class Action By Brenda Craig (Jul-1-17)
- Johnson & Johnson Asks For New Trial in $151 Million Hip Lawsuit Judgment By Deb Hipp (Jun-14-17)
- Defective Hip Implant Makers Busy with Recalls, Lawsuits and Settlements By Jane Mundy (May-31-17)
- From $20 Million to Fifty Bucks: Could the Same Thing Happen in Texas? By Gordon Gibb (May-25-17)
- Catheter Injury Lawsuits following Catheter Recalls By Jane Mundy (May-20-17)
- Calls for Increased Regulation of Car Title Loans Increasing By Gordon Gibb (May-5-17)
- California Attorney Stands Up for Consumer Rights and Class Action Suits By Brenda Craig (May-3-17)
- Lack of State Oversight Prompting Texas City to Act By Gordon Gibb (Apr-24-17)
- FDA Warns Against Off Label Angioplasty Treatment Known as TVAM By Brenda Craig (Apr-17-17)
- Abdominal Mesh Recipient has More Pain after Hernia Surgery By Jane Mundy (Apr-7-17)
- Takata Airbag Injury Plaintiff Almost Lost an Ear, Could Have Been Worse By Gordon Gibb (Apr-1-17)
- New Lawsuit Claims Drug Manufacturers Failed to Warn of Risks of Diabetes Medication By Deb Hipp (Mar-28-17)
- Woman Claims She Suffered Injuries from Shingles Vaccine By Deb Hipp (Mar-27-17)
- Women Injured During ParaGard Removal May Have Lawsuit Claims By Deb Hipp (Mar-24-17)
- Fender Bender Air Bag Deployment Left Texas Woman with Eye Damage By Brenda Craig (Mar-24-17)
- Despite Steep Reduction in Award, Plaintiff’s Defective Hip Implant Verdict Appealed By Gordon Gibb (Mar-21-17)
- Texas Woman Suffers Stevens Johnson Syndrome from Bipolar Medication By Gordon Gibb (Mar-19-17)
- Zimmer Biomet Shoulder Implant Recall Requires Immediate Attention By Brenda Craig (Mar-14-17)
- The Predatory Lending Cycle of the Car Title Loan By Gordon Gibb (Mar-13-17)
- Invokana Lawsuits Will Remain in Federal Court In Philadelphia By Gordon Gibb (Mar-8-17)
- Federal Judge Dismisses Bravelle Lawsuit in Unusual Removal Situation By Deb Hipp (Feb-14-17)
- Benicar Side Effects Lawsuit Blocked from Remand to State Court By Gordon Gibb (Feb-7-17)
- Smith & Nephew Hip Implant Lawsuits Headed to Multidistrict Litigation By Deb Hipp (Feb-4-17)
- Risperdal Litigation Second Largest By Jane Mundy (Jan-29-17)
- A Tale of Two Billion-Dollar Settlements By Gordon Gibb (Jan-25-17)
- Adverse Events for Patients Using Alere INRatio System By Heidi Turner (Jan-21-17)
- Johnson & Johnson Faces Another Hip Replacement Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Jan-20-17)
- Bair Hugger Lawsuits Keep Coming, Class Actions in US and Canada By Gordon Gibb (Jan-13-17)
- Attorney Anticipates Surgical Mesh and Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits Similar in Volume By Jane Mundy (Jan-11-17)