LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Rhode Island Legal News Articles & Interviews
December 23, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Providence, RI: A Rhode Island man who received recalled abdominal mesh just prior to a product recall in 2005, will see his surgical mesh lawsuit go forward after a Rhode Island judge refused to dismiss the case.Read [ Surgical Mesh Lawsuit to Proceed ]
November 23, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Providence, RI: A Hip Replacement Implant Failure lawsuit that might have lost to the plaintiff had assertions by the defendant been supported by the Court, will go ahead nonetheless after a US District Court judge ruled that the plaintiff had sufficient grounds to proceed.Read [ Stryker Hip Replacement Lawsuit Can Proceed ]
February 18, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ When Emergency Room Charges = Hospital Overcharges ]
Providence, RI The issue of emergency room charges may appear to be a symptom of all that is wrong with the current status quo in the American health care system. However, the observation does little to defray the frustration over emergency room costs, when determining the actual cost of a service is next to impossible.
September 9, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Midland Farms Recalls Milk Products in Eastern US ]
Washington, DC New York State Agriculture Commissioner Patrick Hooker has alerted consumers that Midland Farms, located in Menands, New York, is recalling certain milk products due to the potential of improper pasteurization. Proper pasteurization heats milk in order to effectively eliminate all pathogenic bacteria, such as Listeria and Salmonella.
May 7, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Romaine Lettuce Products Recalled due to Possible E. Coli Contamination ]
Sidney, Ohio Freshway Foods is recalling products containing romaine lettuce with a use by date of May 12 or earlier because they have the potential to be contaminated with Escherichia coli O145 bacteria (E. coli O145). The products were sold under the Freshway brand and Imperial Sysco brand.
January 4, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ James Woods Settles Negligence Suit over Brother's Death ]
Providence, RI After months of litigation, Actor James Woods has settled his negligence lawsuit with the Rhode Island hospital where his brother died of a heart attack in 2006.
November 25, 2009. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Patient's Knee Swells up After Levaquin Use ]
Newport, RI Some patients who have taken Levaquin know how debilitating the side effects can be—the drug has been linked to an increased risk of tendon tears and tendon ruptures. Mark P. (real name withheld) says he suffered Levaquin side effects and still feels the associated pain.
March 27, 2009. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ "My Brother Died from Fentanyl" ]
Richmond, RI: "My brother was prescribed fentanyl patches for severe back pain and throat cancer," says Michael. "He was on conventional opiates for a long time but he was prescribed the fentanyl patches on July 10, 2007. The next day my mother found him dead."
January 19, 2009. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Asbestos Mesothelioma – One Boilermaker's Story ]
New Port, RI: John worked as a boilermaker all his life, which involved working extensively with asbestos in the repair and fabrication of asbestos gaskets. When John became ill with the asbestos mesothelioma he had to have a lung removed. His case recently went to court and the jury awarded him a settlement of $4,390,000.
December 9, 2008. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Asbestos Mesothelioma Continues to Take Lives ]
Newport News , RI: Mesothelioma is a horrid form of cancer affecting the mesothelium; a protective lining that covers the majority of the body's internal organs. Prognosis, once mesothelioma has been established, is usually poor and there is generally no cure.
- Asbestos Mesothelioma: One Man's Story from the Grave By Lucy Campbell (Nov-27-08)
- Providence, RI Railroad Worker Loses Life by Amtrak Train By Delsia Hartford (Mar-19-08)
- Kugel Mesh: An Infectious Personality? By Gordon Gibb (Mar-7-08)
- Kugel Mesh: Federal Court Expands Devices It Will Consider By Gordon Gibb (Feb-21-08)
- Kugel Mesh Patch: The Psychological Fallout By Gordon Gibb (Oct-31-07)
- Kugel Mesh Patch Lawsuits Consolidated By Heidi Turner (Sep-12-07)
- Kugel Mesh Patch: "Someone Should Be Held Accountable" By Heidi Turner (Aug-14-07)
- Kugel Mesh Lawsuits Building Up By Heidi Turner (Aug-4-07)
- Composix Kugel Mesh: Imagine if it Breaks Inside of You By Gordon Gibb (Apr-25-07)
- Kugel Mesh: Davol Underreported Severity of Injuries By Heidi Turner (Apr-16-07)
- J&J's Charite Spinal Disc Bonanza Short Lived By Evelyn Pringle (Mar-10-07)
- Kugel Mesh Recalls - A Timeline By Heidi Turner (Jan-25-07)
- Kugel Mesh Patch Leads to Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Jan-12-07)