LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
North Carolina Legal News Articles & Interviews
February 19, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Raleigh, NC: Daniel complained to his surgeon time and again about pain and swelling from his abdominal surgical mesh used to repair a hernia back in 2015, but he was told it was simply the "healing process" and that "time would heal". But how long does the healing take? In Daniel's case, time was not on his side.Read [ Hernia Mesh a Helluva Mess ]
July 24, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Raleigh, NC: Sexually active older men worried about the link between melanoma and Viagra/Cialis can relax—maybe. A new study has found that there is no link to skin cancer and the erectile dysfunction medications, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they should keep popping those blue pills.Read [ Viagra/Cialis and Melanoma: Jury is Still Out ]
April 17, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Winston-Salem, NC: Two lawsuits filed in North Carolina last year against Takata Corp. over defective airbag injuries were voluntarily dismissed in January 2017 in favor of trying to work out a settlement, according to the Winston-Salem Journal.Read [ Airbag Lawsuits Dismissed as Parties Try to Work Out Settlement ]
April 12, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Statesville, NC: The front-runners in the IVC filter failure litigation file have, and continue to be C.R. Bard and Cook Medical, manufacturers of inferior vena cava filters that have been shown to variously fail. The Bard G2 IVC filter is oft-referenced, lawsuits over which are housed in multidistrict litigation.Read [ IVC Filter Manufacturer Sued Over IVC Filter Death ]
March 1, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
New Orleans, LA: It could be mere co-incidence, but on the eve of the National Basketball Association (NBA) All Star Game that served to delay Xarelto bellwether trials by a month, the manufacturers of Xarelto chose to highlight an aging NBA all-star player who expounds upon the virtues of rivaroxaban (Xarelto) and professes to use it himself. As such, a visit to the official Xarelto website showcases the former All-American player, rather than the potential for a Xarelto bleeding issue.Read [ Plaintiffs Looking for a Slam Dunk in First Xarelto Bellwether Trial This Month ]
January 20, 2017. By Heidi Turner.
Marion, NC: Patients rely on doctors, medical centers, and healthcare companies to ensure the treatment they receive is safe and lives up to strict regulations. But sometimes healthcare companies attempt to get around the rules, putting the health and lives of their patients at risk. In those cases, healthcare whistleblowers—the people who know of alleged wrongdoing and alert authorities about it—are needed to step in and hold the wrongdoers accountable. Luckily for patients, these healthcare whistleblowers do exist, and luckily for the whistleblowers, they can earn money for exposing illegal activities.Read [ Healthcare Whistleblowers Protect Patients' Rights ]
January 19, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Charlotte, NC: “It’s reassuring that attorneys are trying to stop the DMV from selling our private information,” says Gary. “I wondered how these companies got my address and phone number—until I read on LawyersandSettlements about an attorney filing complaints about DPPA violations.”Read [ People Angry with Department of Motor Vehicles Violating their Privacy ]
December 10, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
Charlotte, NC: On December 1, 2016, the US Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation (JPML) considered consolidating Invokana lawsuits for pretrial proceedings. Although a decision has not been issued yet, a response to the motion for consolidation was filed by Janssen Pharmaceuticals and indicates the company is also in favor of consolidating the lawsuits.Read [ Judicial Panel Considers Consolidating Invokana Lawsuits ]
October 24, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Guilford County, NC: There is little doubt that a host of airbag injury plaintiffs allege their airbag injuries to be catastrophic in nature. In the case of David Earl Ebron Jr., who does indeed allege catastrophic airbag injuries, the plaintiff alleges he suffered the indignity of being injured twice.Read [ Airbag Injury Lawsuits Filed in North Carolina ]
September 29, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Greenville, NC: Lyrica is part of a class of medications originally approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for treatment and management of elliptic seizures, although in recent years indications have expanded to include symptoms of neuropathy and fibromyalgia, an increasingly common complaint. However, a basket of Lyrica side effects – many of them serious – have many patients considering a defective product lawsuit over the alleged harm the drug may be doing to them long term.Read [ Lyrica not Music to Chiropractor’s Ears ]
- Former NFL Player Files Insurance Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Aug-10-16)
- North Carolina’s “Bathroom Bill” Has Serious Implications for State Employment Law By The National Trial Lawyers (Apr-14-16)
- Superstorm Sandy Spawns Superstorm Charity Scams By Lucy Campbell (Nov-6-12)
- Allegedly Bad Chicken Worth $140,000 to Foodborne Illness Plaintiff By Gordon Gibb (Jul-21-12)
- Fosamax Femur Fracture an Emerging Epidemic: Professor By Gordon Gibb (Jul-4-12)
- Emergency Room Charges: Some Hospitals Raking In Record Profits By Gordon Gibb (May-27-12)
- ERISA Lawsuit Plaintiffs Worked Hard for the Money By Heidi Turner (Mar-13-12)
- Patient Scheduled for Fourth Zimmer NexGen Knee Surgery By Jane Mundy (May-25-11)
- Labor Department Sues Former North Carolina Company over ERISA Benefits By Charles Benson (May-25-11)
- Lawsuit Claims Yasmin Side Effects Led to Death of College Student By Charles Benson (May-23-11)
- Thomas Produce Recalls Jalapeno Peppers By Lucy Campbell (Mar-31-11)
- 14,158 lbs of Ground Beef Products Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Mar-9-11)
- With Paxil Birth Defects Trials on the Horizon, Drugmaker Cuts Jobs By Charles Benson (Feb-22-11)
- North Carolina Man Given Prison Sentence for Securities Fraud By Charles Benson (Feb-7-11)
- North Carolina Yoga Studio Offers Shoulder Injury Rehabilitation By Charles Benson (Jan-18-11)
- Embarq Yanks Retirees' Benefits By Brenda Craig (Jan-13-11)
- Ground Beef Products Recalled due to Possible E. coli O157:H7 Contamination By Lucy Campbell (Jan-3-11)
- Lawsuit Alleges Securities Fraud By Heidi Turner (Dec-27-10)
- Risk of Food Poisoning Prompts Recall of Bright Water Buffalo Krab Dip Products By Lucy Campbell (Dec-22-10)
- Kroger Recalls Pet Food in 19 States By Gordon Gibb (Dec-20-10)
- Kroger Recalls Pet Foods Due to Possible Health Risk By Lucy Campbell (Dec-20-10)
- What You Don't Know about Byetta By Gordon Gibb (Sep-18-10)
- Two More Lawsuits Alleging Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning By Gordon Gibb (Aug-8-10)
- Nail Guns in the Wrong Hands Lead to Nail Gun Injury, Even Death By Gordon Gibb (Aug-1-10)
- Understanding Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis By Heidi Turner (Jul-26-10)
- Chile California & Chile Nuevo Mexico Peppers Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Jul-12-10)
- Relief from Excessive Bank Overdraft Fees Could Be Short-Lived By Gordon Gibb (Jul-10-10)
- Spinach Recalled due to Possible Listeria Contamination By Lucy Campbell (Jun-24-10)
- Chantix User Afraid of What He Might Do By Jane Mundy (Jun-15-10)
- ATV Crash Kills Two Men in North Carolina By Charles Benson (Jun-12-10)
- North Carolina Train Wreck Involves Tractor Trailer By Charles Benson (Jun-11-10)
- New Nicotine Vaccine Looks Promising, May Obviate Risk of Chantix Side Effects By Charles Benson (May-29-10)
- Homecare Nurses Sue Gentiva By Brenda Craig (May-25-10)
- SJS: Where Is the Justice? By Jane Mundy (May-24-10)
- Two Sites Resign from Avandia TIDE Clinical Trial By Gordon Gibb (May-23-10)
- Unum Prospers While Denied Policyholder Freezes By Gordon Gibb (May-17-10)
- Amtrak Train Collides with Tractor-Trailer By Lucy Campbell (May-13-10)
- Romaine Lettuce Products Recalled due to Possible E. Coli Contamination By Lucy Campbell (May-7-10)
- Did Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning Cause Man's Death? By Heidi Turner (Apr-14-10)
- New Study Strengthens Evidence of Accutane Link to IBD By Gordon Gibb (Apr-11-10)