LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
New Mexico Legal News Articles & Interviews
February 9, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Albuquerque NM:When Daniel was 17 years old, life was good. He was the star of his high school baseball team, he was in top form. But within a few years his life went sideways and Daniel wound up in the psych ward, "forced" to take Risperdal.Read [ Risperdal Patient "Never asked for Gynecomastia or Weight Gain" ]
May 21, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Albuquerque, NM: A New Mexico judge has ruled that Zimmer must pay $2 million after a bench trial concerning one of its hip implant devices that allegedly injured a patient.Read [ Judge Awards $2 Million Verdict in Defective Hip Implant Lawsuit ]
April 24, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Abilene, TX: Texas is one of two US states (the other being New Mexico) that as yet does not observe any kind of blanket arbitration protocol for the resolution of disputes involving the car title loan. The latter is a form of financing akin to a payday loan that extends quick cash to consumers, often with no questions asked and exorbitant annual rates of interest that can run into the hundreds of percent.Read [ Lack of State Oversight Prompting Texas City to Act ]
January 8, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: As consumers enter into loan agreements with the best of intentions, loan providers often don’t come to the party with equal good faith. To that end, The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) in June of last year included car title loans in new proposals aimed at tightening regulations, and preventing loan providers from fleecing well-meaning consumers.Read [ Unfair Car Title Loans a Growing Trend ]
December 8, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Lubbock, NM: Not only do hospitals overcharge patients, mostly uninsured patients, for emergency room visits. One air ambulance company that provides emergency air medical service is facing several class action lawsuits alleging overpricing.Read [ Hospital Overcharges Up in the Air ]
April 15, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
San Francisco, CA: California’s Attorney General Kamala Harris has filed a securities lawsuit against Morgan Stanley, related to mortgage-backed securities sold by Morgan Stanley. The lawsuit alleges Morgan Stanley failed to disclose important information about the quality of the investments, causing various state pension funds to lose hundreds of millions of dollars.Read [ California Files Securities Lawsuit against Morgan Stanley ]
January 25, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
Simi Valley, CA: In the wake of an E. coli outbreak and a norovirus outbreak, Chipotle faces a securities lawsuit and other lawsuits alleging the company attempted to hide the outbreak and misled investors about the nature of its sanitation procedures. This is in addition to a criminal investigation linked to the foodborne illness outbreak in Simi Valley.Read [ Chipotle Faces Securities Lawsuit, among Others ]
November 14, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
New York, NY: A recent car recall has led to a securities fraud lawsuit being filed against an automaker. The lawsuit, filed against Fiat Chrysler, alleges the company made false and misleading statements linked to its securities.Read [ When a Car Recall Leads to a Securities Lawsuit ]
September 10, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ FINRA Orders UBS to Pay Almost $3M ]
New York, NY A FINRA arbitration panel has reportedly ordered UBS to pay almost $3 million to investors who claimed they lost money after they invested in UBS-managed Puerto Rican municipal bonds. The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) panel has made multiple rulings in favor of claimants in arbitrations involving Puerto Rican municipal bonds in recent months.
July 16, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ FINRA Awards Couple $16.6 Million ]
New York, NY A Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration panel has awarded $16.6 million to a retired London couple who filed a securities arbitration against BNP Paribas Securities Corp. The arbitration alleged gross negligence, breach of fiduciary duty and civil fraud against BNP Parabas, with the claimants arguing the investment they bought was unsuitable.
- SEC Files Securities Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (May-7-15)
- FINRA Fines Increased in 2014 By Heidi Turner (Mar-7-15)
- Securities Lawyer: Securities Fraud Happens Every Day By Heidi Turner (Nov-12-13)
- Securities Lawsuit Could Affect Future Securities Fraud Claims By Heidi Turner (Oct-25-13)
- Drug Company Settles Securities Lawsuit for $40 Million By Heidi Turner (Sep-25-13)
- Bank of America Faces Securities Fraud Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Aug-11-13)
- Testimony against Takeda in Actos Lawsuit Alleges Profits Put before Patients By Heidi Turner (Jul-28-13)
- Citigroup Settles Securities Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Jun-22-13)
- Misleading Statements in Securities Fraud By Heidi Turner (May-25-13)
- Bank of America Will Pay $165 Million to Settle Securities Complaints By Heidi Turner (Apr-18-13)
- Morgan Keegan Settlement “Not Fair,” Says Attorney By Brenda Craig (Apr-12-13)
- Amgen Securities Lawsuit Allowed to Continue By Heidi Turner (Mar-15-13)
- S&P Accused of Securities Fraud By Heidi Turner (Feb-23-13)
- Securities Fraud Focus Shifting to Individual Responsibility By Heidi Turner (Jan-22-13)
- REIT Unsuitability Violations: Interview with Attorney Christopher Gray By Heidi Turner (Jan-11-13)
- Mortgage-Backed Securities Result in Lawsuit Against JPMorgan By Heidi Turner (Dec-21-12)
- JPMorgan Faces Securities Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Oct-22-12)
- Citigroup Securities Lawsuit Settled By Heidi Turner (Sep-22-12)
- Former Football Coach Charged With Ponzi Scheme By Heidi Turner (Aug-18-12)
- Bank of America Securities Lawsuit to Proceed By Heidi Turner (Jul-14-12)
- Facebook-Related Securities Lawsuits Growing By Heidi Turner (Jun-15-12)
- Groupon Faces Class-Action Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Apr-12-12)
- Asbestosis Lawsuit Alleges Exposure Beginning in 1942 By Gordon Gibb (Mar-23-12)
- SEC Securities Fraud Investigation Nets Results By Gordon Gibb (Mar-21-12)
- Madoff Securities Fraud Lawsuit Affects Investors Across US By Heidi Turner (Mar-6-12)
- New Securities Fraud Case Has Link to Galleon Group By Gordon Gibb (Feb-23-12)
- Charles Schwab Faces Allegations of FINRA Violations By Heidi Turner (Feb-9-12)
- FDA, CDC, and Costco Warn Consumers to Avoid Bravo Farms Dutch Style Gouda Cheese By Lucy Campbell (Nov-5-10)
- A Hero's Widow Is Forced to Wait for Benefits By Gordon Gibb (Sep-21-10)
- Chasing Demons: "Securities Fraud Is Still Happening" By Brenda Craig (Sep-20-10)
- Is Health Care Funding So Bad, Hospitals Are Suing Doctors? By Gordon Gibb (Jul-1-10)
- Plane Crash Kills Five in New Mexico By Heidi Turner (Jun-18-10)
- Zinc Overdose: the Trouble with Denture Cream By Heidi Turner (Dec-28-09)
- Tardive Dyskinesia Similar to Parkinson's—But There Are Differences By Heidi Turner (Dec-23-09)
- MRI Health Risks: Research, Recent Cases and Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jun-24-09)
- Rescue Mission Turns Deadly After Helicopter Crash By Heidi Turner (Jun-16-09)
- Heparin Contamination: The Dangers of Unknown Ingredients By Heidi Turner (May-29-09)
- Levaquin is Life-Altering By Jane Mundy (Nov-27-08)
- Asbestos – It's Still in Use and Causing an Epidemic By Lucy Campbell (Aug-22-08)
- Sperm Donor Child Support: Your Genes, AND Your Wallet Please… By Gordon Gibb (Aug-5-08)