LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
New Jersey Legal News Articles & Interviews
March 21, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Trenton, NJ: While a plaintiff having filed a recent Invokana lawsuit makes assertions pertaining to Invokana linked with cardiovascular injuries and kidney failure, it was the amputation of his right leg below the knee less than a year after starting on Invokana that ultimately prompted the plaintiff to move forward with his Invokana side effects lawsuit.Read [ Plaintiff Blames Loss of his Lower Leg to Invokana Use ]
March 20, 2018. By Anne Wallace.
Trenton, NJ Environmental law has become better at protecting consumers from asbestos exposure in recent decades. But mesothelioma has a very long latency period, sometimes as long as 50 years. The plaintiff’s case in many asbestos mesothelioma lawsuits depends on finding very old samples of the product implicated in exposure. That’s tough, especially when those samples tend to be in the possession of the defendant.Read [ New Evidence Reopens Scotts Turf Builder Mesothelioma Lawsuit ]
March 12, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Newark,NJ: Every metal-on-metal hip replacement manufacturer has been accused of defective design, and because there are two or more articulation points where the metal components can grind against each other, some MOM hip replacements, such as those made by Zimmer and Smith & Nephew, allegedly include an increased risk of metallosis. Lawsuits against both companies also claim they knowingly sold the defective hip implants and knew or should have known the devices would cause problems.Read [ Defective Hip Litigation Continues On against Zimmer, Smith & Nephew ]
March 4, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Newark, NJ: Heartburn, more correctly known as acid reflux, continues to be a common complaint affecting a vast cross section of the American population. Relief is often in the form of medication - and, specifically proton pump inhibitors such as Nexium, a product of AstraZeneca. Plaintiff Shirlene Bonner began regular use of Nexium to relieve heartburn from 2003 until 2015, until a diagnosis of chronic kidney disease (CKD) found her searching for answers as to what may have triggered her CKD. Bonner alleges in her PPI lawsuit that Nexium, a proton pump inhibitor, is the root cause.Read [ Georgia Plaintiff Alleges Use of Nexium Caused Chronic Kidney Disease ]
February 20, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
New Brunswick, NJ: Jurors at an asbestos lawsuit currently underway in New Jersey have heard that an expert witness for the plaintiff may not have considered all statistical and reported evidence in his analysis which led him to believe that talcum powder manufactured by co-defendant Johnson & Johnson (J&J) does currently, or did at one time contain asbestos.Read [ Asbestos Mesothelioma Lawsuit Currently Underway in New Jersey ]
January 27, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Miami, FL: Yesterday, The U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation (JPML) heard from Onglyza and Kombiglyze patients regarding whether to consolidate all federally-filed cases before one court for pre-trial proceedings.Read [ Onglyza Litigation Ramps Up ]
January 22, 2018. By Anne Wallace.
New Brunswick, NJ Next week the New Jersey Superior Court will hear opening arguments in Lanzo v. Cyprus Amex Minerals Co, the second Johnson & Johnson talcum powder mesothelioma case to go to trial. The first toxic tort lawsuit to allege a link between J&J’s talcum powder products and mesothelioma ended in a win for J&J. Another case involving Colgate-Palmolive’s Cashmere Bouquet talcum powder settled. There’s a lot riding on the outcome of Lanzo .Read [ Lanzo Talcum Powder Mesothelioma Toxic Tort Trial Opens in New Jersey ]
January 6, 2018. By Brenda Craig.
Trenton, NJ: Four years and eight months after 20-year-old Toniquea Rivers collapsed at her parents’ home, a landmark verdict in a Trenton, New Jersey lawsuit found emergency medical technicians (EMTs) failed to ensure the new mother was properly intubated while she was being moved to a waiting ambulance and transported to a local hospital.Read [ Multi-Million Landmark Verdict Holds EMTs to Account ]
December 22, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Trenton, NJ: The pleasant-looking man looks into the camera and tells us that taking Invokana “may also help you lose a little weight.” Big problem. The FDA has not approved Invokana for weight-loss. The drug has had a rocky history since its approval in 2013, and a recent FDA warning cites the danger of Invokana leg and foot amputations. Direct-to-consumer drug advertising can magnify the harm that dangerous drugs do to patients who may spend more time listening to that friendly man (or his commercial kin) than they do talking with their own doctors.Read [ Invokana Amputation Lawsuits Cite Consumer Advertising ]
December 14, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Trenton, NJ: Plaintiffs who bring home warranty lawsuits against home warranty companies commonly assert allegations of shoddy workmanship, delays or denials of claims. However in this case, the plaintiff alleged violations to New Jersey’s Consumer Fraud Act and Truth in Consumer Contract, Warrant and Notice Act with regard to a contract that was allegedly misleading in stated coverage periods, amongst other claims.Read [ Home Warranty Lawsuit Goes to the New Jersey Supreme Court ]
- Invokana Lawsuits Consolidated into MDL in New Jersey By Anne Wallace (Nov-20-17)
- Left Behind in Benicar Lawsuit Settlement By Anne Wallace (Nov-1-17)
- You Can Easily Trace a Car’s History, but Not Necessarily Their Parts By Gordon Gibb (Oct-27-17)
- ‘Groundbreaking’ First Responder Negligence Verdict in New Jersey worth $6 Million By Gordon Gibb (Oct-11-17)
- Recent Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit Targets Alleged Marketing Violations By Gordon Gibb (Sep-23-17)
- Whistleblower Alleges Healthcare Fraud in Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Sep-7-17)
- New Jersey Woman Files Mirena Lawsuit Alleging Blurred Vision By Gordon Gibb (Sep-4-17)
- Still Too Soon to Take Echeverria to the Bank By Anne Wallace (Aug-26-17)
- Another DePuy Defective Hip Implant Lawsuit Heads to Trial By Anne Wallace (Aug-5-17)
- Inside the $300 Million Benicar Settlement By Gordon Gibb (Aug-5-17)
- Mixed Metals at Core of Stryker LFIT V40 Hip Implants By Brenda Craig (Jul-27-17)
- Onglyza, Kombiglyze Maintain Risks in Spite of Dismissed Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (Jul-22-17)
- New Jersey Man Claims Diabetes Medicine Caused His Heart Disease By Deb Hipp (Jun-27-17)
- Truck Driver’s New Jersey Workers Compensation Lawsuit Revived on Appeal By Gordon Gibb (Jun-25-17)
- One Defendant Dismissed from Benicar Lawsuit, Daiichi Sankyo Remains By Gordon Gibb (Jun-16-17)
- Fast Food Workers Deserve California Overtime By Jane Mundy (Jun-12-17)
- State-Based Stryker Hip Implant Failure Lawsuits Consolidated in New Jersey By Gordon Gibb (Jun-6-17)
- More Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Lawsuits Transferred to New Jersey MDL By Deb Hipp (Jun-5-17)
- Taxotere Hair Loss Patients Speak Out Over the Fallout By Gordon Gibb (May-15-17)
- Benicar Illness and Weight Loss Lawsuit Witnesses Must Produce Records By Gordon Gibb (May-7-17)
- Round 5: Talcum Powder Plaintiffs versus Johnson & Johnson By Jane Mundy (May-1-17)
- Invokana Lawsuits Keep Trickling In By Gordon Gibb (Apr-15-17)
- IVC Filter Manufacturer Sued Over IVC Filter Death By Gordon Gibb (Apr-12-17)
- Missouri Talcum Powder Cancer Lawsuit Could Go to New Jersey MDL By Deb Hipp (Apr-11-17)
- Defendant in Shingles Vaccine Lawsuit Wants Case Removed to Federal Court By Gordon Gibb (Apr-7-17)
- E-cigarettes Exploding Batteries Behave like Flaming Rockets By Deb Hipp (Apr-3-17)
- Missouri Jury in Talcum Powder Lawsuit sides with J&J By Jane Mundy (Mar-22-17)
- The Predatory Lending Cycle of the Car Title Loan By Gordon Gibb (Mar-13-17)
- Invokana Lawsuits Will Remain in Federal Court In Philadelphia By Gordon Gibb (Mar-8-17)
- Number of Pending Risperdal Lawsuits Grows to 18,500 Cases By Deb Hipp (Mar-7-17)
- Revenues Drop While Lawsuits Rise over Benicar for Daiichi Sankyo By Gordon Gibb (Mar-6-17)
- Fighting Back Against the High Cost of Insulin By Brenda Craig (Mar-5-17)
- The FDA Shortcut to a Hip Replacement Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Feb-22-17)
- Young Mother Recounts Horrid Experience with Birth Control Implant By Gordon Gibb (Feb-15-17)
- Invokana Still Invoking Concerns By Gordon Gibb (Feb-8-17)
- Benicar Side Effects Lawsuit Blocked from Remand to State Court By Gordon Gibb (Feb-7-17)
- Johnson & Johnson Loses Bid to Delay Talcum Powder Cancer Trials By Heidi Turner (Jan-23-17)
- Johnson & Johnson Faces Another Hip Replacement Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Jan-20-17)
- Plaintiffs Celebrate Invokana Lawsuit Consolidation By Heidi Turner (Jan-3-17)
- More Benicar Generics Poised for US Market, Benicar Lawsuits Keep Coming By Gordon Gibb (Jan-1-17)