LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Mississippi Legal News Articles & Interviews
January 28, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Jackson, MI: Whenever an individual files a defective knee implant lawsuit, the focus is normally – and correctly – on the failed component due to an alleged design, or manufacturing defect. But a companion issue just as devastating as the failure of the implant is, for the patient, a requirement for revision surgery to eradicate the problematic implant and replace it with another one. Revision surgery is usually, a more complex procedure.Read [ DePuy Faces Yet Another Lawsuit Concerning its Attune Knee Replacement System ]
January 1, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Cleveland, OH:Across the U.S., city and county newspapers looking back on 2017 say the top news story was the opioid crisis. And opioid litigation already looks like it will dominate legal news in 2018.Read [ Opioid Epidemic Biggest News Story in 2017, Opioid Litigation May be Biggest Legal News in 2018 ]
July 19, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
St. Clair County, Illinois The opioid addiction crisis has hit St. Clair County, Illinois hard. They are fighting back in a class action lawsuit charging the Purdue Pharma and Abbot Laboratories Inc. put profits ahead of the health and safety of its customers by underplaying the potential harm associated with highly addictive narcotics.Read [ Illinois Fights Opioid Crisis with Class Action Suit ]
January 20, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
St. Louis, MO Expect more news on the talc litigation front in 2017 – lots of it.Read [ More Talc Litigation Coming in 2017 ]
August 22, 2012. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Asbestosis and Asbestos Drilling Mud Lawsuits Differ by State, says Attorney ]
Dallas, TX It’s hard to imagine that asbestosis lawsuits are on the rise, but huge corporations used asbestos up until 1989. “Many people are getting sick (or will get sick) with asbestosis and other health issues, particularly in the drilling mud industry,” says asbestos attorney Allen Vaught. “And we will continue to see cases for the next twenty or thirty years.”
March 14, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ The Unraveling of a Drilling Mud Lawsuit ]
Smith County, MS April 11 will mark the one-year anniversary of the drilling mud trial Thomas C. Brown Jr. v. Phillips 66 Company, et al. If the names don't spark recognition, the eventual amount of the jury award will: $322 million for plaintiff Brown, who alleged a diagnosis of asbestosis was triggered from his work as a mud engineer.
May 14, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Mississippi Man Awarded Record Asbestos Compensation ]
Jackson, MS A jury recently awarded $322 million in asbestos compensation to a Mississippi man who sued Chevron Phillips Chemical and Union Carbide Corp. after he allegedly inhaled asbestos fibers while he mixed drilling mud.
April 1, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ School Bus Accident Kills 10-Year-Old Girl ]
Jackson, MI A school bus accident Friday morning on a highway in rural Mississippi has left a 10-year old girl dead and 10 others injured. Jon Kalahar, from the Mississippi Department of Public Safety confirmed that the young girl died about 7:20 am Friday.
March 9, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ 14,158 lbs of Ground Beef Products Recalled ]
Washington, DC Creekstone Farms Premium Beef is recalling approximately 14,158 pounds of ground beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7.
February 8, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ CDC: No Link between Chinese Drywall and 11 US Deaths ]
New Orleans, LA The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently said that it did not find a link between Chinese drywall and the deaths of 11 people across the country living with the defective product, The Associated Press reports.
- Kroger Recalls Pet Food in 19 States By Gordon Gibb (Dec-20-10)
- Kroger Recalls Pet Foods Due to Possible Health Risk By Lucy Campbell (Dec-20-10)
- Cal-Maine Foods Recalls Eggs By Lucy Campbell (Nov-8-10)
- Double Fault Ford Case Yields Record-Breaking Amount By Brenda Craig (Sep-12-10)
- BP Oil Spill Lawsuits to be Heard in New Orleans By Lucy Campbell (Aug-11-10)
- Fishermen Upset About BP Oil Spill Decision By Heidi Turner (Jul-20-10)
- Chantix Almost Ruined My Marriage By Jane Mundy (Jul-2-10)
- Banned FEMA Trailers Used to House BP Oil Spill Workers By Lucy Campbell (Jul-1-10)
- Six Fire Fighters Injured In Rollover Accident By Lucy Campbell (Jun-30-10)
- Illness Related to BP Oil Spill Begins By Lucy Campbell (Jun-29-10)
- Good News for Homeowners with Chinese Drywall, says Attorney Gary Mason By Jane Mundy (Jun-19-10)
- Lawsuits Claiming BP Oil Spill Damaged Property, Business and Tourism By Gordon Gibb (May-26-10)
- Tar Balls Wash Up in Florida Keys, Fishing Ban Expanded By Lucy Campbell (May-18-10)
- Environmental Hazard, Yes, But What of BP Oil Spill Effect on Volunteers? By Gordon Gibb (May-13-10)
- Oil Accidents Claim One Worker Every 45 Days By Gordon Gibb (May-4-10)
- Gulf Oil Spill Damaging Lives and Livelihoods By Lucy Campbell (May-3-10)
- Mississippi Man Loses Veteran Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Stemming from Faulty Surgery By Charles Benson (Feb-8-10)
- Leg Amputee Blames Heparin By Jane Mundy (Nov-29-09)
- Fire Accident Aboard Tugboat Claims Two Lives By Gordon Gibb (Nov-25-09)
- SJS Robs Mississippi Woman of Her Sight, But She Bites Back By Gordon Gibb (Sep-21-09)
- Mississippi Man Has Opposite SSDI Problem: Payments Won't STOP By Gordon Gibb (Aug-28-09)
- Chantix Black Box Warning Too Late for Some By Jane Mundy (Jul-11-09)
- Levaquin Patient Says She Deals With Pain Every Day By Heidi Turner (Jun-21-09)
- "Did Dilantin SJS Kill My Husband?" By Jane Mundy (Feb-26-09)
- Requip Put Mother in Rehab By Jane Mundy (Feb-7-09)
- Shoulder Pain Pump Hurt More Than it Helped By Heidi Turner (Jan-13-09)
- Byetta: "It's Kind of Scary" By Heidi Turner (Sep-1-08)
- Jewels, Lies and Unpaid Overtime By Julia Browne (Aug-26-08)
- Another Unum Run-around By Jane Mundy (Aug-3-08)
- MRI Health Problems: "It's Like Being On Fire" By Heidi Turner (Jul-31-08)
- Digitek's Double Dose Debacle By Jane Mundy (Jul-3-08)
- A Near Fatal Asthma Attack Possibly Caused by Serevent By Lucy Campbell (Jun-18-08)
- A Near Death Experience at 38 By Lucy Campbell (Jun-11-08)
- Special Needs Home Stalled By Auction-Rate Securities Failure By Julia Browne (May-21-08)
- Stock Fraud: "I Wouldn't Have Anything Left" By Heidi Turner (May-14-08)
- Dead Within 12 Weeks of Starting Heparin By Lucy Campbell (May-7-08)
- Wrongful Death Suit Reinstated Against Cleveland Doctor By Ginger Gillenwater (Feb-27-08)
- Trasylol: "Making Everybody Scared" By Heidi Turner (Feb-26-08)
- Mistakes in Surgery Ruins Woman's Life By Julia Browne (Feb-17-08)
- Credit Card Abuse: "I'm going to Fight till the End" By Jane Mundy (Nov-24-07)