LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Illinois Lawyer Interviews
September 22, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Seattle, WA A Health Benefit Trust that covers Alaskan State Employees is the lead plaintiff in a class action lawsuit against St. Jude’s Medical and Abbott Laboratories seeking compensation for costs related to defective lithium battery powered implantable cardiac defibrillators.Read [ Insurers Seek Compensation from St. Jude’s Medical in Class Action Lawsuit ]
July 26, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
St. Louis, MO A group of seven farmers are the lead plaintiffs in a class action lawsuit that claims “corporate greed” and “a rush to market” by some of the world’s biggest makers and promoters of agricultural chemicals caused farm crops to wither and die costing farm operators millions of dollars in lost revenue and possibly forcing them to switch all their seed stock to herbicide resistant Monsanto seed in the coming years whether they want to or not.Read [ Not-Ready-for-Market Herbicide Kills Farmers’ Crops ]
July 19, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
St. Clair County, Illinois The opioid addiction crisis has hit St. Clair County, Illinois hard. They are fighting back in a class action lawsuit charging the Purdue Pharma and Abbot Laboratories Inc. put profits ahead of the health and safety of its customers by underplaying the potential harm associated with highly addictive narcotics.Read [ Illinois Fights Opioid Crisis with Class Action Suit ]
July 1, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Pasadena, CA Two companies involved in the manufacture and distribution of an upscale dog food known as “Cocolicious” are the subject of a class action lawsuit filed in Los Angeles County Court. The suit alleges Party Animal Inc. of California and Evanger’s Dog and Cat Food Company of Illinois are responsible for selling cans of Party Animal dog food that, according to a Texas A&M testing of the dog food, contained the animal euthanasia drug pentobarbital.Read [ Party Animal “Cocolicious” Dog Food Subject of Class Action ]
April 18, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Chicago, Ill Lawyers representing Dr. David Dao, the 69-year-old passenger who was forcibly removed from a United Airlines flight, have filed an emergency request with a court in Chicago asking the airline to preserve all video, cockpit recordings, surveillance video, passenger and crew lists and other evidence related to the incident.Read [ Man Ejected from United Airlines Seat Prepares to Sue ]
April 12, 2013. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Diabetes Drug Lawsuit Update: Actos, Byetta, Januvia ]
Miami, FL Although they are designed to treat Type 2 diabetes, some diabetes medications are involved in lawsuits working their way through the court system. Lawsuits alleging Actos side effects, Januvia side effects and Byetta side effects have been filed by plaintiffs who claim they were harmed by their use of the drugs. According to Ben Stewart, attorney at Stewart Law PLLC, each of the drugs is in a different stage of the litigation process.
September 14, 2012. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Pradaxa Attorney: "There is No Antidote [to Pradaxa]" ]
Dallas, TX Lawsuits concerning Pradaxa side effects, including a reported risk of Pradaxa bleeding, have been filed against the maker of the blood thinner. These Pradaxa lawsuits allege patients were not adequately warned about the risks associated with the drug. Dr. Shezad Malik, founder of the Dr. Shezad Malik Law Firm says even though Pradaxa was marketed as a superior alternative to other drugs, it came with serious risks.
August 16, 2012. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Attorney Jeff Lowe: Pradaxa Associated with Uncontrollable Bleeding ]
St. Louis, MO Although Pradaxa has only been on the market a couple of years, concerns about Pradaxa side effects are growing and lawsuits regarding Pradaxa problems, such as uncontrollable bleeding, have been filed. Among the concerns is the lack of an antidote to Pradaxa bleeding, which can put some patients at risk of serious consequences, according to Jeff Lowe, partner with Carey Danis & Lowe.
May 8, 2012. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Attorney: Yasmin Birth Control Makers Settling Lawsuits ]
Dallas, TX When it comes to determining whether or not to take Yasmin birth control, Yaz birth control or Ocella birth control, one of the concerns is likely the risk of side effects from the contraceptives. Lawsuits filed against Bayer AG, allege the contraceptive maker knew about the side effects but failed to adequately warn patients about those risks. Dr. Shezad Malik, founder of the Dr. Shezad Malik Law Firm, says Bayer is now in the process of settling certain Yasmin, Yaz and Ocella blood clot lawsuits.
February 16, 2012. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Yasmin Settlements on Horizon? ]
Dallas, TX "In late December 2011, Bayer blinked and asked the court to move all of the Yasmin and Yaz cases to settlement," says Dr. Shezad Malik, a cardiologist and attorney. He adds that Bayer, the manufacturer of the birth control pills, has indicated they will settle Yasmin/Yaz lawsuits with plaintiff law firms on an individual rolling basis.
- Town Sues BP and Shell for Cancer, Cancer Risk and Collapsing Property Values By Brenda Craig (Jul-5-11)
- $8.1 Million Settlement Is the Right Thing to Do, Says Attorney By Brenda Craig (Jun-28-11)
- Kraft Workers Cheesed Off By Brenda Craig (Apr-2-11)
- And If You Lose, You Keep the Advance, Says Oasis By Brenda Craig (Mar-15-11)
- Denture Cream Attorney: Patients Must Have a Blood Test By Heidi Turner (Sep-29-10)
- DePuy Hip Replacement: Don't Wait Until the Device Has Failed to Contact an Attorney By Heidi Turner (Sep-27-10)
- Salmonella Tainted Eggs Injure Thousands and Thousands By Brenda Craig (Sep-24-10)
- A Bad Day at Work for Discrimination By Brenda Craig (Jul-14-10)
- From Construction Worker to Asbestos Attorney By Jane Mundy (Apr-27-10)
- Attorney Answers Asbestos Victims' Frequent Questions By Jane Mundy (Apr-26-10)
- Attorney Speaks About Accutane and Inflammatory Bowel Disease By Heidi Turner (Mar-9-10)
- Taser Was Instrument of Excessive Force, Says Attorney By Brenda Craig (Jan-11-10)
- Bad Behavior Returning to the Nursing Home Business By Brenda Craig (Sep-29-09)
- Attorney Sues Americash for PayDay Loan Hell By Brenda Craig (Jun-17-09)
- Birth Injuries – Keep Your Medical Records By Brenda Craig (Nov-25-08)
- Chicago Firm Gears Up for Antitrust Class Action over Automotive Filters By Brenda Craig (Sep-25-08)
- Attorney Jay Paul Deratany Expects to Depose Nancy Grace in Wrongful Death Suit By Brenda Craig (Aug-5-08)
- Small Town Lawyer Whips Giant Railway and Giant Firm By Brenda Craig (Jul-31-08)
- Steven M. Levin: Nursing Homes Try to 'Lawsuit Proof' Themselves. By Brenda Craig (Jul-23-08)
- Attorney Joseph Balesteri: Avoid Doctors and Hospitals in July, Weekends and Holidays By Brenda Craig (Jul-18-08)
- Attorney Jay Edelson on New Technology Class Action By Paul Halpern (May-29-08)