LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Idaho Legal News Articles & Interviews
January 18, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Atlanta, GA: It’s one thing for a medical device to result in unwanted side effects and adverse events. However, that frustration is further exacerbated when the medical device thought to be at the root of newfound pain and suffering, has failed to do its intended job in the first place. Thus, the original implantation was all for naught. That’s the claim made by a recent surgical mesh lawsuit involving the now-recalled Ethicon Physiomesh filed last week in Idaho.Read [ Ethicon Physiomesh Plaintiff Starts New Year with Hernia Mesh Lawsuit ]
April 30, 2015. By The National Trial Lawyers.
The family of a 15-year-old central Idaho boy who died in a car crash during his driver’s education class in the Blaine County School District has received a $3.5 million damages verdict, which was recently upheld by the Idaho Supreme Court.Read [ $3.5 Verdict Upheld Against School District for Driver’s Ed. Crash ]
July 31, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Will Idaho Long-Term Denied Disability Improve or Suffer from Social Security Woes? ]
Washington, DC The state of Idaho is not alone as it relates to Aetna and Idaho long term denied disability lawsuits. A denied disability lawsuit against Aetna Life Insurance Co. in another state that was discharged following a decision by the Fifth US Circuit Court of Appeals resulted in the loss of LTD benefits for the insured.
November 29, 2013. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Idaho Cracking Down on Internet Payday Loans ]
Boise, ID While Internet payday loans may be fast and convenient, critics suggest they are fraught with risk, while removing from the consumer various protections that are observed by storefront payday loan providers regulated by the state. In contrast, purveyors of payday loans attempt to skirt these regulations in various ways, while gaining access to a consumer’s bank accounts online.
January 22, 2013. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Securities Fraud Focus Shifting to Individual Responsibility ]
Boise, ID Some securities fraud lawsuits involve large financial firms accused of playing fast and loose with securities rules by misleading investors about stocks and securities. But some securities fraud litigation involves schemes perpetrated by just one or two people, accused of defrauding clients out of millions of dollars. And although the accused might not be as high profile as a financial firm, their clients still suffer as a result of the misdeeds.
August 26, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Celexa Lawsuit Results in Settlement with Idaho ]
Boise, ID The widely-held position by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that drugs are considered acceptable for use if the benefits for the intended patient outweigh the risks, has never been debated more stringently than with SSRI antidepressants and their relationship to pregnant women. Specifically Celexa (Citalopram), and the potential for Celexa birth defects.
April 2, 2012. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Shoulder Pain Pump Double Whammy: Infection and Cartilage Loss ]
Boise, ID Patty had shoulder surgery to repair a rotator cuff tear in 2009 and she has been on pain medication ever since. Both Patty and her doctor believe that cartilage damage and infection post-surgery is due to the shoulder pain pump that she had in her shoulder for four days. According to her doctor, that is three days too long.
March 23, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Del Monte Recalls Cantaloupes Because Of Possible Salmonella Panama Contamination ]
Washington, DC Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc. (“Del Monte Fresh”) of Coral Gables, Florida is recalling 4,992 cartons of cantaloupes, each containing 4 plastic mesh sleeves with 3 cantaloupes per sleeve, because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella Panama, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella Panama often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella Panama can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
January 3, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Clover and Clover Mix Sprout Products Recalled due to Possible Salmonella Contamination ]
Washington, DC Sprouters Northwest, Inc. of Kent, WA, is recalling all of its clover and clover mix products because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
December 8, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Idaho Whistleblower Lawsuit Settled for $2.425 Million ]
Boise, ID A Qui Tam Whistleblower lawsuit has been settled, with the whistleblower taking home $364,425 as her share of the $2.425 million settlement against two speech therapists and three hospitals in Eastern Idaho. The alleged fraud, which was reported to have involved the use of unlicensed speech therapists for services billed to Medicaid as licensed, was settled without any admission of liability.
- California Firm Recalls Ready-To-Eat Pork Products By Lucy Campbell (Oct-28-10)
- Car Accident Kills Family of Four in Idaho By Lucy Campbell (Aug-13-10)
- Chile California & Chile Nuevo Mexico Peppers Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Jul-12-10)
- Idaho Convenience Stores Claim Debit Card Fees Are Stealing Their Business By Charles Benson (Apr-18-10)
- How Long Have Avandia Side Effects Been Known? By Heidi Turner (Oct-18-09)
- Levaquin Patients Face Serious Risks By Heidi Turner (Oct-12-09)
- Yasmin/Yaz Birth Control Linked to Gallbladder Problems By Jane Mundy (Sep-9-09)
- Idaho Developer Called Out for Discrimination Against the Disabled By Gordon Gibb (Sep-7-09)
- Man Almost Overdosed on Fentanyl By Jane Mundy (Mar-8-09)
- The Conseco Trust and the Milliman Report By Jane Mundy (Feb-21-09)
- Did a Massive Dose of Heparin Cause Stroke? By Jane Mundy (Feb-8-09)
- Unum Provident Still in Denial By Jane Mundy (Dec-29-08)
- How One Tenant In Common Organization Fell Apart By Heidi Turner (Dec-12-08)
- Long Term Health Care Insurance: An Expert Consultant Weighs In: Part II By Jane Mundy (Nov-21-08)
- Long Term Care Insurance Expert Consultant Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Nov-11-08)
- "Yamaha Rollover Caught Me Off Guard" By Heidi Turner (Jul-18-08)
- Trasylol May Have Caused Advanced Kidney Failure By Heidi Turner (Apr-29-08)
- Patients Come Forward With Zyprexa Suicide Complaints By Heidi Turner (Oct-20-07)
- Zyprexa linked to Diabetes: Two Accounts By Jane Mundy (Aug-23-07)
- Reservist Fired After Military Deployment By Jane Mundy (Aug-15-07)
- Permax: Parkinson's Patients Suffer Even More By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-07)
- Two More Drugs that Led to Stevens Johnson Syndrome (SJS) By Jane Mundy (Oct-21-06)