LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
British Columbia Legal News Articles & Interviews
November 8, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Coquitlam, BC: The machinations and frustrations experienced by homeowners dealing with home warranty insurance is reflected in the dealings of one Canadian couple who told Global News last year that success with a home warranty provider appears to hinge on the capacity for a homeowner to push the envelope and make noise – through a home warranty lawsuit perhaps, or otherwise – in order to have any success with a claim.Read [ Canadian Couple’s Fight against Home Warranty Insurance a Full Time Job ]
September 4, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Vancouver, BC: While plaintiffs, both in Canada and the U.S., are joining Bravelle Infertility drug lawsuits against manufacturer Ferring Pharmaceuticals, some couples and individuals have exhausted their finances due to the allegedly ineffective fertility drug. And time is not on their side.Read [ “The Bravelle Clock is Ticking,” Says Canadian Attorney ]
August 9, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Vancouver, BC: I drive a Subaru because it consistently gets top marks in safety from Consumers Reports and the insurance industry. It constantly gets "top safety pick” by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. And it looks good. But all these years that I’ve been driving a Subaru, it never occurred to me that there was a risk of airbag injury.Read [ Airbag Recall: My Subaru Passengers in the Back Seat ]
June 2, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: When it comes to assessing where a manufacturer is with pending litigation, there’s no better source than with the manufacturer itself. To that end, C.R. Bard released details concerning the current state of affairs over IVC filter lawsuits as part of its Form 10-K report that provides a snapshot of the company at the end of its fiscal year, December 31, 2016.Read [ C.R. Bard Shares IVC Filter Lawsuit Update with SEC ]
January 10, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Nashville, TN: Last October the CDC reported that M. chimaera contamination of heater/cooler devices, of which 60 to 70 percent stem from the Stockert 3T heater-cooler system had been found in Iowa and Pennsylvania. Just one month later, a global outbreak linking the devices was reported. M. chimaera is a rare bacteria, a species of nontuberculous mycobacterium (NTM).Read [ Stockert 3T Infections Widespread ]
November 13, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Dallas, TX: While the third bellwether trial involving allegedly defective Pinnacle hips manufactured by DePuy Orthopaedics Inc. (DePuy, a unit of Johnson & Johnson) continues to meander along with no immediate end in sight, a judge in Canada has approved the proposed settlement stemming from a class action defective hip lawsuit.Read [ DePuy Bellwether Drags On, While Canada Approves Zimmer Class Action Settlement ]
September 13, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Victoria, BC: It’s hard enough starting off in life lining up a career, a car, a house, paying off student debt and perhaps getting some investments going, not to mention planning a family. The latter could include starting a college fund, getting a baby’s room together, along with all the inherent costs associated with welcoming a new member of the family. For most, there is no cost associated with becoming pregnant. However for those with fertility issues, use of fertility drugs such as Bravelle often means the difference between successful conception, and being left childless. It would therefore come as no shock that those having paid handsomely for Bravelle fertility treatment have been left reeling from the Bravelle Recall.Read [ One Couple’s Heartbreaking Bravelle Recall Story ]
August 27, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Wrongly Denied Long Term Disability Benefits, Canadian Woman Loses Her Home ]
Victoria, BC This is a story about two women: one Canadian, the other American. Both require long term disability benefits and have been denied. We’ll start with the Canadian, Lois Powell, who suffered injuries when her car was rear-ended, and after she could no longer work a $300 weekly payment from her insurer would be the difference between maintaining her lifestyle, and losing her home.
August 16, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Calabasas, CA: Despite more than 1,375 Propecia lawsuits filed against Merck, the hair-loss drug is still touted by some as the most effective treatment for male pattern baldness.Read [ Propecia Accolades Hair-Raising ]
July 27, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Lawsuits Allege Men Suffer Permanent Propecia Side Effects ]
New York, NYPropecia lawsuits have been filed against Merck, alleging that men who used Propecia and Proscar suffered side effects that they were not properly warned about. Furthermore, they allege that they were not warned about the risk of Propecia long-term side effects, which could reportedly continue after medication was stopped.
- Propecia Side Effects Hair-Raising By Jane Mundy (Feb-5-14)
- Studies on Propecia Side Effects Being Undertaken By Heidi Turner (Dec-17-13)
- Another Propecia Lawsuit Filed against Merck By Jane Mundy (Nov-21-13)
- Did Mirena Complications Lead to Hysterectomy? By Jane Mundy (Nov-9-13)
- Men Tearing Their Hair Out Over Propecia Sexual Dysfunction By Gordon Gibb (Oct-9-13)
- Propecia Sexual Side Effects Don’t “Go Away” By Jane Mundy (Sep-29-13)
- Yasmin Blood Clots: “That Was the End of a Beautiful, Beautiful Girl” By Gordon Gibb (Jun-28-13)
- Gender Harassment in One of the World’s Most Respected Police Forces By Brenda Craig (Jun-25-13)
- Canadian Finasteride (Propecia, Proscar) Lawsuit Approved, Awaits Certification By Gordon Gibb (Jun-16-13)
- Antidepressants in Crosshairs As Mother’s Class Action Moves Forward By Brenda Craig (May-9-13)
- Higher Risk of Crestor Kidney Problems with Higher Statin Doses: Study By Gordon Gibb (May-2-13)
- A Tale of Two Home Warranty Insurance Claims By Gordon Gibb (Apr-9-13)
- Woman Questions Coroner and Link to Yasmin By Jane Mundy (Feb-7-13)
- Appeal Court Upholds Zimmer Durom Cup Hip Implant Class Action By LAS Staff Writer (Jan-25-13)
- Teen Warns Classmates about Yasmin By Jane Mundy (Jan-17-13)
- Mexican Mangoes May be Responsible for Salmonella Outbreak By Lucy Campbell (Aug-28-12)
- Real-World Wrangling Surrounding St. Jude Heart Valve By Gordon Gibb (Apr-17-12)
- Metal-on-Metal Hip Implants: Colossal Failure? By Jane Mundy (Oct-13-11)
- Omega Alpha Kidney Flush Recalled in Canada By Lucy Campbell (May-4-11)
- The Catch 22 of Propecia By Gordon Gibb (Mar-16-11)
- Propecia and Proscar Sexual Dysfunction Class Action Filed By Lucy Campbell (Feb-14-11)
- Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning Lawsuits Filed in Canada By Charles Benson (Oct-21-10)
- Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning Class Action in Canada By Gordon Gibb (Sep-19-10)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma: "It's a Steady Stream of Death" By Gordon Gibb (Sep-10-10)
- Nurse Broke Both Femurs, Doctor Blames Fosamax By Jane Mundy (Aug-22-10)
- Class Action Lawsuit in Canada Alleging Mirapex Compulsion By Gordon Gibb (Jul-31-10)
- Accutane Patient "Went Through Hell" By Heidi Turner (Jul-27-10)
- Canadian Teacher Awarded Nearly $1 Million in Back Injury Compensation Claim By Gordon Gibb (Jul-18-10)
- Canadian Member of Parliament Warns of PPI Side Effects By Gordon Gibb (Jul-7-10)
- Canadian Woman Awarded $1.5 Million in Cerebral Palsy Malpractice By Gordon Gibb (Jun-23-10)
- Reversal of Diagnosis: Canadian Man Told He Was Terminal By Brenda Craig (Jun-18-10)
- BC Ferries in Denial over Asbestos Exposure By Jane Mundy (Jun-18-10)
- New Study Suggests Effexor Side Effects May Include Cataracts By Charles Benson (Apr-3-10)
- Canadian Firms Tackle Pfizer's Smoking Cessation Drug By Brenda Craig (Mar-20-10)
- Yasmin / Yaz Lawsuits Expand in Canada By Gordon Gibb (Mar-18-10)
- The Latest Internet Fraud Is Facebook Friendly By Gordon Gibb (Dec-31-09)
- Canadian Float Plane Crashes, Six Perish By Gordon Gibb (Nov-30-09)
- Canadian Police Officer Arrested for DUI Twice in Two Months By Gordon Gibb (Nov-15-09)
- Hydroxycut Patient Says Supplements Changed Her Life By Heidi Turner (Jul-9-09)
- SJS Advil-Ibuprofen: "I Got Out Alive" By Jane Mundy (Jul-4-09)