LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Arizona Legal News Articles & Interviews
February 18, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Phoenix, AZ: With the scheduled start of the first Bard IVC filter bellwether trial set for next month, all eyes will be on the outcome to gauge how the remaining bellwether cases might fare, and ultimately what general direction the remaining 3,500 cases in C.R. Bard multidistrict litigation may wind up taking.Read [ First Bard IVC Filter Bellwether Lawsuit Gearing Up for March ]
January 17, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Phoenix, AZ: The first Bard IVC Filters bellwether case begins on March 14 in Phoenix before U.S. District Court Judge David Campbell. The three-week jury trial--Sherr-Una Booker v. C. R. Bard Incorporated and Bard Peripheral Vascular Incorporated (2:16-cv-00474)-- involves tilt, migration, fracture and perforation with serious injuries. The Plaintiffs claim that due to manufacturing and design defects, Bard filters are more dangerous than other IVC filters, and that Bard failed to warn about the higher risks.Read [ The First Bard IVC Filter Jury Trial and Expert Witness Testimony ]
November 17, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Sacramento, CA: A Medtronic SynchroMed Infusion pump lawsuit brought by a plaintiff who without doubt suffered as the result of an allegedly defective medical device, saw his case lost due to legal precedent and various legal roadblocks that preempted his claims and assertions under a Medical Device Amendment (MDA) to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FDCA).Read [ Medtronic SynchroMed Plaintiff Loses Case, But Will He Appeal? ]
September 18, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: The honeymoon the then-fresh Obama Administration was still largely enjoying in 2010 was nonetheless tainted two years into Barack Obama’s Presidency with revelations that hundreds of Americans supposedly had died due to malfunctioning infusion pumps. The Medtronic SynchroMed pump was among the plethora of infusion pumps that were coming under increased scrutiny by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) at the time.Read [ Infusion Pumps, Medtronic SynchroMed Among Them, Remain Under Scrutiny ]
August 23, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Las Vegas, NV: On Friday, August 18, 2017, attorneys for Karina Dorado, a young woman who suffered severe airbag injuries, filed suit in a Nevada state court. The case highlights the danger consumers face from replacement airbags. These are situations that slip through the cracks of massive airbag recall efforts and remain largely unaddressed by law.Read [ Replacement Airbags Pose Serious Risk of Injury to Consumers ]
August 13, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Phoenix, AZ: On August 7, 2017, a federal judge in Arizona denied a long term disability plaintiff’s motion for partial summary judgment based, roughly speaking, on the sheer worthlessness of his LTD ride, according to Lexis Legal News. The decision is more bad news for Unum lawsuit plaintiffs, who have long struggled with similar issues.Read [ Unum Lawsuits Face SSDI Offset Snag ]
July 18, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Tucson, AZ: Medtronic devices which have been around since 1988 and 1999 respectively have been the focus of much scrutiny in recent years, with the most recent concern landing earlier this year with a Class 1 recall related to software associated with the SynchroMed Implantable Infusion Pump. A Class 1 recall, about which anyone considering a Medtronic SynchroMed recall lawsuit would appreciate knowing, is the most serious of the three recall classifications maintained by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).Read [ Medtronic Knew About Deficiencies, Lawsuit Says ]
July 1, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Phoenix, AZ: Litigation surrounding the death of an underground pipe worker allegedly exposed to asbestos, demonstrates what often goes on behind the scenes that serves to shift the focus away from the victim, and onto defendants seeking to cover their financial losses. Many an asbestosis lawsuit has alleged failures on the part of employers and those responsible for work sites have resulted in unprotected exposure to asbestos, causing asbestosis disease, mesothelioma and other diseases associated with exposure to the deadly carcinogen.Read [ Legal Wrangling Over Cost of Asbestos Settlement Continues Long After Victim Dies ]
June 2, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: When it comes to assessing where a manufacturer is with pending litigation, there’s no better source than with the manufacturer itself. To that end, C.R. Bard released details concerning the current state of affairs over IVC filter lawsuits as part of its Form 10-K report that provides a snapshot of the company at the end of its fiscal year, December 31, 2016.Read [ C.R. Bard Shares IVC Filter Lawsuit Update with SEC ]
May 1, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Waltham, MA: An Alere lawsuit that had been proposed as a class action on behalf of litigants alleging injury from inaccurate readings from the INRatio blood monitoring device escaped trial when the parties involved agreed to a settlement at the eleventh hour. Briefings related to J.E. et al. v. Alere Inc. et al (Case No. 1:16-cv-11515, in the US District Court for the District of Massachusetts), and motions of dismissal put forward by Alere Inc. had been duly submitted, but the judge in the case had yet to rule on them when the settlement was announced.Read [ INRatio Proposed Class Action Settled Before Alere Lawsuit Could Proceed ]
- Camioneros mal clasificados en California – Reclaman violaciones de la ley laboral By Fernando Marcano (Apr-20-17)
- Allegedly Defective IVC Filters Not a New Problem By Gordon Gibb (Mar-25-17)
- IVC Filters “Deadly Missiles” By Jane Mundy (Mar-15-17)
- California Truckers Misclassified—Claiming Labor Law Violations By Jane Mundy (Mar-15-17)
- Minor League Baseball Players' Overtime Class Action Back in Play By Deb Hipp (Mar-11-17)
- Alere INRatio Plaintiffs Petition Court to Keep Lawsuit Alive By Gordon Gibb (Feb-17-17)
- Advocacy Often the Difference between Fair Billing and Getting Fleeced By Gordon Gibb (Dec-26-16)
- C.R. Bard Reveals Latest Litigation Cases in SEC Filing By Gordon Gibb (Dec-22-16)
- IVC Filter Bellwether Lawsuits Still a Year Away, Cases Could Increase in Meantime By Gordon Gibb (Oct-30-16)
- IVC Filters: There is no Standardization of Care By Gordon Gibb (Sep-3-16)
- Multidistrict Litigations Involving IVC Filters Continue to Grow By Heidi Turner (Jul-19-16)
- California Files Securities Lawsuit against Morgan Stanley By Heidi Turner (Apr-15-16)
- Chipotle Faces Securities Lawsuit, among Others By Heidi Turner (Jan-25-16)
- When a Car Recall Leads to a Securities Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Nov-14-15)
- FINRA Orders UBS to Pay Almost $3M By Heidi Turner (Sep-10-15)
- FINRA Awards Couple $16.6 Million By Heidi Turner (Jul-16-15)
- SEC Files Securities Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (May-7-15)
- FINRA Fines Increased in 2014 By Heidi Turner (Mar-7-15)
- Securities Lawyer: Securities Fraud Happens Every Day By Heidi Turner (Nov-12-13)
- Securities Lawsuit Could Affect Future Securities Fraud Claims By Heidi Turner (Oct-25-13)
- Drug Company Settles Securities Lawsuit for $40 Million By Heidi Turner (Sep-25-13)
- Regulators Looking at Banks’ Roles in Internet Payday Loans By Heidi Turner (Aug-27-13)
- Bank of America Faces Securities Fraud Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Aug-11-13)
- Citigroup Settles Securities Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Jun-22-13)
- Misleading Statements in Securities Fraud By Heidi Turner (May-25-13)
- Bank of America Will Pay $165 Million to Settle Securities Complaints By Heidi Turner (Apr-18-13)
- Morgan Keegan Settlement “Not Fair,” Says Attorney By Brenda Craig (Apr-12-13)
- Amgen Securities Lawsuit Allowed to Continue By Heidi Turner (Mar-15-13)
- S&P Accused of Securities Fraud By Heidi Turner (Feb-23-13)
- Securities Fraud Focus Shifting to Individual Responsibility By Heidi Turner (Jan-22-13)
- REIT Unsuitability Violations: Interview with Attorney Christopher Gray By Heidi Turner (Jan-11-13)
- Mortgage-Backed Securities Result in Lawsuit Against JPMorgan By Heidi Turner (Dec-21-12)
- JPMorgan Faces Securities Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Oct-22-12)
- Citigroup Securities Lawsuit Settled By Heidi Turner (Sep-22-12)
- Former Football Coach Charged With Ponzi Scheme By Heidi Turner (Aug-18-12)
- Bank of America Securities Lawsuit to Proceed By Heidi Turner (Jul-14-12)
- Facebook-Related Securities Lawsuits Growing By Heidi Turner (Jun-15-12)
- Groupon Faces Class-Action Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Apr-12-12)
- Asbestosis Lawsuit Alleges Exposure Beginning in 1942 By Gordon Gibb (Mar-23-12)
- SEC Securities Fraud Investigation Nets Results By Gordon Gibb (Mar-21-12)