LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Proton Pump Inhibitor Legal News Articles & Interviews
February 18, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Proton Pump Inhibitor Maker Facing Wrongful Death Lawsuit ]
Las Vegas, NV Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) manufacturers and distributors AstraZeneca and Merck are facing a wrongful death lawsuit alleging the side effects of Nexium caused stomach cancer, which lead to death.
January 29, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Whittling Down PPI Cases for Bellwether Trials ]
New Jersey If all goes according to Judge Cecchi’s plan, the pool of Proton Pump Inhibitor drugs (PPI) cases will have whittled down to six only – from a total of 32 potential bellwether cases by the end of January.
December 31, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Proton Pump Inhibitors – More Harm than Good, especially in COVID-19 Patients ]
Santa Clara, CA Over the past several years, Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPI) have been linked to serious health complications. And more recent studies indicate that these acid reflux drugs do more harm than good. One such study opines that PPI exposure increases mortality in COVID-19 patients. Other studies suggest PPIs can damage major organs and regular use of PPI is linked to a higher risk of being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and serious skin reactions such as life-threatening Stevens-Johnson Syndrome. And there is more…
November 28, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ “Acid Reflux Drugs Caused my Type 2 Diabetes” ]
Phoenix, AZ Ten years ago Gary Phillips was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. He had taken proton pump inhibitor (PPI) medications for acid reflux issues at least once a day for about 13 years but only knew that the medications were linked to diabetes when he read about PPI lawsuits. Unfortunately the meds worked— so he kept taking them. Now he takes insulin shots.
October 25, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Regular Acid-reflux Drug Use Linked to Higher Risk of type 2 Diabetes ]
Santa Clara, CA During this Pandemic there is also an epidemic that has been growing for decades and it is just as dangerous, perhaps even more so, than COVID 19. And drugs known as proton pump inhibitors or PPIs are feeding this epidemic: type 2 diabetes.
Study Further Links Proton Pump Inhibitors to Gastric Cancer and Conflicts with FDA study, Lawsuits to Follow
May 31, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Santa Clara, CA: A link between proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) and high risk of gastric cancer isn’t new, but the results of a new study conflicts with the FDA’s mandated PPI study.Read [ Study Further Links Proton Pump Inhibitors to Gastric Cancer and Conflicts with FDA study, Lawsuits to Follow ]
March 4, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Newark, NJ: Heartburn, more correctly known as acid reflux, continues to be a common complaint affecting a vast cross section of the American population. Relief is often in the form of medication - and, specifically proton pump inhibitors such as Nexium, a product of AstraZeneca. Plaintiff Shirlene Bonner began regular use of Nexium to relieve heartburn from 2003 until 2015, until a diagnosis of chronic kidney disease (CKD) found her searching for answers as to what may have triggered her CKD. Bonner alleges in her PPI lawsuit that Nexium, a proton pump inhibitor, is the root cause.Read [ Georgia Plaintiff Alleges Use of Nexium Caused Chronic Kidney Disease ]
February 5, 2018. By Anne Wallace.
Washington, DC: As many as 80 percent of expectant mothers suffer from heartburn or acid indigestion during pregnancy. Until recently proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), such as Nexium, Prilosec and Prevacid, were thought to be both effective for mom and safe for baby.Read [ Childhood Asthma Risk Linked to Mother’s PPI Use during Pregnancy ]
December 1, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Washington, DC: The long-term use of drugs classed as proton pump inhibitors or PPIs , and marketed variously as Prevacid, Prilosec or Nexium, is dangerous for many reasons. Kidney damage, the focus of recently consolidated multidistrict litigation, is not the only problem. Long-term PPI use has also been associated with bone fractures and dementia in women, as well as the risk of birth defects. The issue for the lawsuits to come will be whether drug makers gave patients adequate warning of the dangers associated with their products and thus the opportunity to make informed choices.Read [ Are PPIs Especially Dangerous for Women? ]
October 7, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Los Angeles, CA: Industry giant AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals has been hit with another bellwether lawsuit alleging its blockbuster antacid product known as Nexium caused permanent kidney damage in a man from Maryland as a result of using the medication.Read [ Plaintiff Alleges Nexium Caused Kidney Problems ]
- New Study Suggests Popular Heartburn Drugs Associated With a Higher Risk of Death By Deb Hipp (Jul-7-17)
- Proton Pump Inhibitor Lawsuit Plaintiffs Try Again For Multidistrict Litigation By Deb Hipp (Jun-10-17)
- Woman Claims She Suffered Kidney Injuries from Taking Acid Reflux Medications By Deb Hipp (May-24-17)
- Prilosec Kidney Damage Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Apr-16-17)
- The Watchdog Group that Rang the Bell on Anti-acid Meds By Brenda Craig (Mar-12-17)
- Do Medication Guides for PPI Kidney Disease and Prevacid Lack Consistency? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-6-17)
- Block Buster Antacid Meds Target of Lawsuits By Brenda Craig (Aug-23-16)
- Stomaching the Side Effects of Proton Pump Inhibitors By Heidi Turner (Aug-22-16)
- Study Finds Increased Risk for Heart Attack with Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) By Lucy Campbell (Jun-11-15)
- Nexium Nightmare By Jane Mundy (May-27-14)
- Nexium Users Advise to Research First By Jane Mundy (Apr-25-14)
- Nexium Maker Got Its Patent’s Worth at Patient Expense By Jane Mundy (Mar-19-14)
- Nexium Plaintiffs Oppose Lawsuit Dismissal By Heidi Turner (Mar-16-14)
- Nexium Fracture Claim Accepted by Attorney By Jane Mundy (Feb-17-14)
- Life Before and After Nexium By Jane Mundy (Jan-30-14)
- Doctor Tells Patient He Isn’t the First with Nexium Fracture By Jane Mundy (Dec-28-13)
- Nexium Victims: Take Calcium with Your Nexium Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Nov-29-13)
- Nexium Double Whammy By Jane Mundy (Oct-21-13)
- The Catch 22 of PPIs and Nexium Fracture Risk By Gordon Gibb (Sep-30-13)
- Nexium Side Effects Continue to Mount By Gordon Gibb (Aug-19-13)
- “Nexium Made My Life Miserable” By Jane Mundy (Jul-27-13)
- Nexium Side Effects Anything but a Fractured Fairy Tale By Gordon Gibb (Jun-29-13)
- Nexium Fractures: Err on the Side of Concern By Jane Mundy (Jun-18-13)
- Continuing Parade of Plaintiffs Allege Nexium Fracture Risk By Gordon Gibb (May-28-13)
- Nexium Bone Fracture Time Bomb By Jane Mundy (May-7-13)
- What Is the True Cost of Proton Pump Inhibitors? By Heidi Turner (Apr-24-13)
- Proving Nexium Side Effects Caused Fractures By Heidi Turner (Apr-12-13)
- Attorney: Nexium Patients Should Bring Claims Forward Soon By Heidi Turner (Feb-20-13)
- The Pressure’s On AstraZeneca and Nexium By Gordon Gibb (Feb-13-13)
- New Study Links Proton Pump Inhibitor Medications to Fractures By Heidi Turner (May-19-11)
- FDA Says Proton Pump Inhibitors Side Effects Can Include Low Magnesium Levels By Charles Benson (Mar-22-11)
- Stuck on the Proton Pump Inhibitor Treadmill By Jane Mundy (Mar-9-11)
- New Study Advises against Proton Pump Inhibitor Use By Charles Benson (Feb-19-11)
- Proton Pump Inhibitors—Caught between a Rock and a Hard Place By Jane Mundy (Feb-9-11)
- Can Proton Pump Inhibitor Cause Joint Pain? By Gordon Gibb (Jan-30-11)
- Proton Pump Inhibitor Could Increase Risk of Pneumonia By Charles Benson (Jan-15-11)
- Proton Pump Inhibitors—To Take or Not to Take? By Jane Mundy (Jan-11-11)
- Proton Pump Inhibitor Use Increases Risk for Pneumonia By Gordon Gibb (Dec-30-10)
- Pregnant Women Should Be Cautious When Taking Proton Pump Inhibitors By Charles Benson (Dec-19-10)
- Proton Pump Inhibitor Victim "Furious" with Manufacturers By Jane Mundy (Dec-12-10)