LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Proton Pump Inhibitor Legal News Articles & Interviews
Study Further Links Proton Pump Inhibitors to Gastric Cancer and Conflicts with FDA study, Lawsuits to Follow
May 31, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Santa Clara, CA: A link between proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) and high risk of gastric cancer isn’t new, but the results of a new study conflicts with the FDA’s mandated PPI study.Read [ Study Further Links Proton Pump Inhibitors to Gastric Cancer and Conflicts with FDA study, Lawsuits to Follow ]
March 4, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Newark, NJ: Heartburn, more correctly known as acid reflux, continues to be a common complaint affecting a vast cross section of the American population. Relief is often in the form of medication - and, specifically proton pump inhibitors such as Nexium, a product of AstraZeneca. Plaintiff Shirlene Bonner began regular use of Nexium to relieve heartburn from 2003 until 2015, until a diagnosis of chronic kidney disease (CKD) found her searching for answers as to what may have triggered her CKD. Bonner alleges in her PPI lawsuit that Nexium, a proton pump inhibitor, is the root cause.Read [ Georgia Plaintiff Alleges Use of Nexium Caused Chronic Kidney Disease ]
February 5, 2018. By Anne Wallace.
Washington, DC: As many as 80 percent of expectant mothers suffer from heartburn or acid indigestion during pregnancy. Until recently proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), such as Nexium, Prilosec and Prevacid, were thought to be both effective for mom and safe for baby.Read [ Childhood Asthma Risk Linked to Mother’s PPI Use during Pregnancy ]
December 1, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Washington, DC: The long-term use of drugs classed as proton pump inhibitors or PPIs , and marketed variously as Prevacid, Prilosec or Nexium, is dangerous for many reasons. Kidney damage, the focus of recently consolidated multidistrict litigation, is not the only problem. Long-term PPI use has also been associated with bone fractures and dementia in women, as well as the risk of birth defects. The issue for the lawsuits to come will be whether drug makers gave patients adequate warning of the dangers associated with their products and thus the opportunity to make informed choices.Read [ Are PPIs Especially Dangerous for Women? ]
October 7, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Los Angeles, CA: Industry giant AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals has been hit with another bellwether lawsuit alleging its blockbuster antacid product known as Nexium caused permanent kidney damage in a man from Maryland as a result of using the medication.Read [ Plaintiff Alleges Nexium Caused Kidney Problems ]
July 7, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
St. Louis, MO: A new study suggests that some popular heartburn drugs known as proton pump inhibitors are associated with a higher risk of death.Read [ New Study Suggests Popular Heartburn Drugs Associated With a Higher Risk of Death ]
June 10, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Washington, DC:Plaintiffs who have filed lawsuits alleging that proton pump inhibitor (PPI) medications such as Nexium, Prilosec and Prevacid caused their kidney injuries have filed a motion to consolidate 172 pending federal lawsuits to a multidistrict litigation under one New Jersey judge.Read [ Proton Pump Inhibitor Lawsuit Plaintiffs Try Again For Multidistrict Litigation ]
May 24, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Alabama:An Alabama woman is suing the makers of the popular proton pump inhibitor (PPI) medications Nexium, Prilosec and Prevacid for kidney-related injuries she claims she suffered after taking the products.Read [ Woman Claims She Suffered Kidney Injuries from Taking Acid Reflux Medications ]
April 16, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: The risks of taking popular heartburn medications such as Prilosec likely outweigh the benefits. According to a recent study, PPI users may be increasing their risk of serious kidney damage without having any symptoms of kidney problems. Given this latest research and previous studies, attorneys are currently investing complaints involving Prilosec and kidney problems.Read [ Prilosec Kidney Damage Lawsuits ]
March 12, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Washington, DC The Washington DC based watchdog group, Public Citizen, was among the first to start ringing the warning bell. In 2011 Public Citizen demanded that the FDA warn patients and doctors that the use of the popular prescription acid-reducing drugs came with serious health risks.Read [ The Watchdog Group that Rang the Bell on Anti-acid Meds ]
- Do Medication Guides for PPI Kidney Disease and Prevacid Lack Consistency? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-6-17)
- Block Buster Antacid Meds Target of Lawsuits By Brenda Craig (Aug-23-16)
- Stomaching the Side Effects of Proton Pump Inhibitors By Heidi Turner (Aug-22-16)
- Study Finds Increased Risk for Heart Attack with Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) By Lucy Campbell (Jun-11-15)
- Nexium Nightmare By Jane Mundy (May-27-14)
- Nexium Users Advise to Research First By Jane Mundy (Apr-25-14)
- Nexium Maker Got Its Patent’s Worth at Patient Expense By Jane Mundy (Mar-19-14)
- Nexium Plaintiffs Oppose Lawsuit Dismissal By Heidi Turner (Mar-16-14)
- Nexium Fracture Claim Accepted by Attorney By Jane Mundy (Feb-17-14)
- Life Before and After Nexium By Jane Mundy (Jan-30-14)
- Doctor Tells Patient He Isn’t the First with Nexium Fracture By Jane Mundy (Dec-28-13)
- Nexium Victims: Take Calcium with Your Nexium Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Nov-29-13)
- Nexium Double Whammy By Jane Mundy (Oct-21-13)
- The Catch 22 of PPIs and Nexium Fracture Risk By Gordon Gibb (Sep-30-13)
- Nexium Side Effects Continue to Mount By Gordon Gibb (Aug-19-13)
- “Nexium Made My Life Miserable” By Jane Mundy (Jul-27-13)
- Nexium Side Effects Anything but a Fractured Fairy Tale By Gordon Gibb (Jun-29-13)
- Nexium Fractures: Err on the Side of Concern By Jane Mundy (Jun-18-13)
- Continuing Parade of Plaintiffs Allege Nexium Fracture Risk By Gordon Gibb (May-28-13)
- Nexium Bone Fracture Time Bomb By Jane Mundy (May-7-13)
- What Is the True Cost of Proton Pump Inhibitors? By Heidi Turner (Apr-24-13)
- Proving Nexium Side Effects Caused Fractures By Heidi Turner (Apr-12-13)
- Attorney: Nexium Patients Should Bring Claims Forward Soon By Heidi Turner (Feb-20-13)
- The Pressure’s On AstraZeneca and Nexium By Gordon Gibb (Feb-13-13)
- New Study Links Proton Pump Inhibitor Medications to Fractures By Heidi Turner (May-19-11)
- FDA Says Proton Pump Inhibitors Side Effects Can Include Low Magnesium Levels By Charles Benson (Mar-22-11)
- Stuck on the Proton Pump Inhibitor Treadmill By Jane Mundy (Mar-9-11)
- New Study Advises against Proton Pump Inhibitor Use By Charles Benson (Feb-19-11)
- Proton Pump Inhibitors—Caught between a Rock and a Hard Place By Jane Mundy (Feb-9-11)
- Can Proton Pump Inhibitor Cause Joint Pain? By Gordon Gibb (Jan-30-11)
- Proton Pump Inhibitor Could Increase Risk of Pneumonia By Charles Benson (Jan-15-11)
- Proton Pump Inhibitors—To Take or Not to Take? By Jane Mundy (Jan-11-11)
- Proton Pump Inhibitor Use Increases Risk for Pneumonia By Gordon Gibb (Dec-30-10)
- Pregnant Women Should Be Cautious When Taking Proton Pump Inhibitors By Charles Benson (Dec-19-10)
- Proton Pump Inhibitor Victim "Furious" with Manufacturers By Jane Mundy (Dec-12-10)
- Millions Taking a Proton Pump Inhibitor Needlessly, Critics Say By Gordon Gibb (Nov-27-10)
- Proton Pump Inhibitors OK with Antiplatelet Drugs for Some Patients By Charles Benson (Nov-14-10)
- Proton Pump Inhibitor—Bone Inhibitor? By Jane Mundy (Nov-4-10)
- Relationship of PPI and Blood Thinners Studied By Gordon Gibb (Oct-26-10)
- Heartburn Help: Proton Pump Inhibitors Being Overprescribed? By Heidi Turner (Oct-16-10)