LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Personal Injury Lawyer Interviews
April 18, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Chicago, Ill Lawyers representing Dr. David Dao, the 69-year-old passenger who was forcibly removed from a United Airlines flight, have filed an emergency request with a court in Chicago asking the airline to preserve all video, cockpit recordings, surveillance video, passenger and crew lists and other evidence related to the incident.Read [ Man Ejected from United Airlines Seat Prepares to Sue ]
March 13, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Washington, DC Unfortunately, the justice system is not perfect and occasionally it fails people or communities struggling to right a wrong and then find their pursuit of justice impeded or even denied through no fault of their own.Read [ Award for Injured Persons Failed by the Justice System – Maybe THAT’S YOU! ]
April 23, 2013. By Brenda Craig.
Washington, DC: The Supreme Court is wading into some muddy water swirling around the question of liability for generic drugs. The decision the Supreme Court hands down will weigh heavily on future personal injury cases where individuals are harmed by a generic drug.Read [ Generic Drugs Ruling Critical for Consumers ]
December 19, 2011. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Just Witnessing an Accident Is a Personal Injury ]
Freehold, NJ Four years ago Patricia Hagerman watched in horror as her husband was electrocuted by a downed power line in front of their home on Pear Street in Tinton Falls, New Jersey. William Hagerman, a postal worker, lost an arm and a leg in the accident, and although she was not physically injured, the psychological damage done to Patricia Hagerman was also significant and life changing.
August 28, 2011. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Verdict Goes Above and Beyond ]
New York, NY Marie Wilson was a spry and fit 86-year-old who still enjoyed hiking—that is until she slipped and fell on a plastic drop cloth left laying on the floor of her Manhattan apartment during a renovation project in 2009.
July 5, 2011. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Town Sues BP and Shell for Cancer, Cancer Risk and Collapsing Property Values ]
Chesterfield, MO Roxana, Illinois, population 1,547, is a tiny little klatch of wood frame homes resting along the Missouri border, some of them built not more than 500 feet from the site of the Shell Oil refinery that sprang up there at the beginning of the 1900s.
May 24, 2011. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Anything You "Can and Do Post" May Be Used As Evidence against You ]
New York, NY And, you have the right to remain silent, except for those things you posted on your Facebook page, or you tweeted or otherwise sprinkled throughout cyberspace for all of eternity. Personal injury attorney Neal Goldstein, from Goldstein & Bashner in New York City and Long Island, is constantly reminding clients to be careful about what they are sharing on social media sites.
April 21, 2011. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Record Damages for Death of Alabama Policeman ]
Birmingham, AL A jury in Alabama was simply standing up for its community and following the rule of law when it awarded $37.5 million to the family of a young Huntsville police officer who was dispatched to investigate a 911 at a Mexican restaurant and then shot dead at point blank by the El Jalisco's intoxicated manager Benito Albarran, according to attorney Matthew Minner.
March 15, 2011. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ And If You Lose, You Keep the Advance, Says Oasis ]
Chicago, IL As a former trial attorney and for the last eight years the executive director of the most active lawsuit funding company in the US, Elizabeth Pekin genuinely believes in what Oasis Legal Finance (OLF) does. "As a trial attorney in Chicago, I used to meet face-to-face with people who were often at the lowest point in their lives," she says. "All they needed was maybe $1,000 to help them with living expenses and they just could not wait until their case settled."
January 15, 2011. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Credit Injury Claims—Lawyers on the Leading Edge ]
Tustin, CA Your credit rating is a valuable asset, and long-time attorney Thomas Key says credit injury claims are on the verge of becoming pro forma in the world of torts. "The traditional recovery in a personal injury suit is for the cost of medical treatment, wage loss and pain and suffering," says Key. "And now, loss of credit reputation is going to be consistently added to that list."
- CalTrans Had Head in Sand, Says Attorney By Brenda Craig (Jul-17-10)
- Attorney Wins First Ever Media v. Police Suit By Brenda Craig (Jul-16-10)
- Hunting Accident Victim Wins Suit By Brenda Craig (Jul-15-10)
- "The Branches Were Big as Trees" By Brenda Craig (Nov-24-09)
- School Troubles – Act Quickly By Brenda Craig (Oct-13-09)
- Bar Ordered to Pay $10 Million for Drunken Patron's Attack By Brenda Craig (Sep-29-09)
- 'Tell it like it is' says New York Personal Injury Lawyer By Brenda Craig (Aug-24-09)
- Anonymous Girl V. Anonymous Landlord in Lead Paint Case By Brenda Craig (Jun-17-09)
- Attorney Sends Message About Accidents and Texting By Brenda Craig (Oct-9-08)
- Clint Docken: One of Canada's Original Class Action Litigators By Brenda Craig (Sep-26-08)
- Attorney David Mazie Goes Eyeball to Eyeball with Lasik Surgeon By Brenda Craig (Sep-9-08)
- Attorney Randall Sorrels: Electronic Evidence Wins Family of Hazing Victim $4.2 M By Brenda Craig (Aug-2-08)
- Attorney Benny Agosto says Picking and Preparing Expert Witnesses Is Critical By Brenda Craig (Jul-30-08)
- Baby Formula Class Actions Filed Against Makers of BPA-Laced Products By Baum Hedlund (Jul-30-08)
- Attorney Jeff Anderson Sues the Hell Out of Clerical Sex Abusers By Brenda Craig (Jul-30-08)
- Shanin Specter: I Want to Win Because the Cause is Just By Brenda Craig (Jul-7-08)