LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Regions Morgan Keegan Funds Legal News Articles & Interviews
December 30, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Morgan Keegan Faces Mutual Fund Lawsuits ]
Memphis, TN Morgan Keegan reportedly faces mutual fund lawsuits worth more than $1 billion, which could be a factor in the financial firm not being sold. According to The Commercial Appeal (12/01/11), Morgan Keegan mutual fund lawsuits involve mutual fund losses in eight failed funds. Although the firm is for sale, buyers could reportedly be put off of Morgan Keegan because of costly legal battles.
April 14, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Regions Morgan Keegan Funds: When Winning an Arbitration Is Only Half the Battle ]
Chicago, IL Former NBA player Horace Grant may have thought days of high-stress battles were behind him since he left professional basketball, but he probably had no idea what he was in for when he filed an arbitration concerning Regions Morgan Keegan funds. Grant allegedly lost a lot of money in the RMK funds, and filed a FINRA arbitration to recover those funds. But even though the arbitration panel sided with Grant in 2009, he has yet to recover the money lost in his Regions Morgan Keegan investment.
April 7, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ A Checkered Success Rate for RMK Funds Investors ]
Birmingham, AL There is little doubt that investment products known as RMK funds lost tremendous value when the sub-prime mortgage bubble burst. There is also the charge that RMK Funds manager James Kelsoe allegedly falsified the value of the Fund's mortgage-backed bonds. To that point, Kelsoe was so charged by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in tandem with a civil suit.
March 29, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Couple Wins $250,000 in Filing against Regions Morgan Keegan ]
Greenwich, CT A couple whose money was put in a hedge fund that eventually was invested in Bernard Madoff Securities has been awarded $250,000 in their arbitration against Regions Morgan Keegan. This arbitration filing is separate from those involving RMK Funds, such as the RMK high income fund, but adds to the list of arbitrations that Regions Morgan Keegan has lost in the past few months.
March 23, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Regions Morgan Keegan Ordered to Pay More Than $250,000 to Florida Couple ]
Greenwich, CT A unit of Regions Morgan Keegan has been ordered to pay more than $250,000 to a couple from Florida after the company allegedly invested their entire portfolio in a hedge fund that sent money to Bernard L. Madoff Securities, Reuters reports.
March 18, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Conflicting Rulings in Regions Morgan Keegan Arbitration ]
Houston, TX When it comes to arbitration concerning Regions Morgan Keegan funds, the results have been somewhat contradictory for investors. Claimants say their money was invested in high-risk RMK funds, which they allege they were told had minimal risk. They further claim they were told the Regions Morgan Keegan funds were secure when in fact they were not.
March 8, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Are Wary Investors Slowing US Recovery? ]
Nashville, TN The response to complaints over heavy losses incurred by RMK funds and allegations that fund vendors and sponsors withheld vital information from investors is taking the form, in some cases, of arbitration settlements. Thus far, according to The Tennessean on February 21, $24.7 million in arbitration awards have been realized by individual investors in some 129 cases.
March 2, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Regions Morgan Keegan Claims Resolved through Arbitration ]
Memphis, TN Although lawsuits have been filed regarding Regions Morgan Keegan funds, alleging investors in certain RMK funds were not made aware of the risks associated with those funds, some claims are being taken to arbitration and resolved there. The claims made in arbitration are similar to those in the lawsuit—that RMK funds, including the RMK high income fund, suffered massive losses because they were vulnerable to changes in the market and that the defendants either misrepresented or did not disclose material facts about the funds.
February 19, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Regions Morgan Keegan to Award Damages to Texas Investor ]
Atlanta, GA Recently, a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration panel ruled that Regions Morgan Keegan must pay damages for the sale of a mutual fund to a Texas investor, according to a news release.
February 12, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Investors Turning to Arbitration to Recover Losses to Regions Morgan Keegan Funds ]
New York, NY The dramatic loss of value in the Regions Morgan Keegan funds probably took even the most seasoned investor by surprise. While investors realize they stand a chance of losing some of their investment, losing up to 65 percent of the value of the RMK funds is astonishing to some. Now, investors are turning to FINRA arbitration to recover their losses, alleging Regions Morgan Keegan was not upfront about the funds.
- Funds Board Participates in Regions Morgan Keegan Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Feb-6-11)
- Attorney: Reasonable Investor Would Not Have Expected Dramatic RMK Fund Losses By Heidi Turner (Jan-29-11)
- $11 Million in Two Months against Regions Morgan Keegan By Gordon Gibb (Jan-21-11)
- Morgan Keegan Client "Better Off Playing Roulette" By Heidi Turner (Dec-9-08)
- Broadcaster Files Claim Against Morgan Keegan By Heidi Turner (Nov-30-08)
- Taking Stock of Morgan Keegan Stock Crisis By Gordon Gibb (Nov-24-08)
- Investors Win Morgan Keegan Arbitration Claims By Heidi Turner (Nov-20-08)
- Not Too Late To Recover Morgan Keegan Fund Investments By Heidi Turner (Nov-5-08)
- A Lot of Commotion About Morgan Keegan By Heidi Turner (Oct-24-08)
- Indiana Children's Fund Hurt by Morgan Keegan Fraud By Gordon Gibb (Oct-13-08)
- Morgan Keegan: Losses, Claims and Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Oct-7-08)
- Morgan Keegan Investment Funds: Individuals Face Financial Ruin By Heidi Turner (Sep-26-08)
- Morgan Keegan Brokerage: Broken Promises, Dashed Dreams By Gordon Gibb (Sep-20-08)
- Morgan Keegan Faces Additional Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Jun-19-08)
- Morgan Keegan Securities Fraud: Don't Miss the Boat By Gordon Gibb (Jun-10-08)
- Morgan Keegan: Allegations of Fraud Leading to Huge Losses By Gordon Gibb (Jun-1-08)
- Investors Explore Morgan Keegan Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (May-24-08)
- Morgan Keegan Faces More Lawsuits and Investigation By Heidi Turner (Mar-8-08)
- Monetary Misdeeds Alleged Against Morgan Keegan By Delsia Hartford (Feb-20-08)
- Morgan Keegan Class Action Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Feb-19-08)
- Morgan Keegan Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Feb-12-08)
- Morgan Keegan Faces Class Action Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Feb-1-08)