LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Roundup Cancer Legal News Articles & Interviews
February 22, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer’s $2billion deal to finalize future Monsanto Claims ]
San Francisco, CA To resolve future claims that Monsanto’s Roundup causes cancer, Bayer is coughing up a $2 billion settlement that includes benefits for people—mainly farmers and gardeners-- who were exposed to Roundup and develop the cancer in the future.
November 10, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer to Cough Up Higher Settlement Price to Cover Future Litigation ]
Santa Clara, CA Bayer needs to cough up more cash to settle Monsanto Roundup current and future lawsuits. While its current legal bill covers most of the Roundup claims, future Roundup cancer lawsuits have not yet been settled.
October 12, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer’s Bumps over Mosanto’s Roundup Litigation ]
Santa Clara, CA Bayer stated on its website in June 2020 that it will make a total payment of $10.1 billion to $10.9 billion to resolve current and address potential future Roundup Litigation. The $10.1 billion figure will settle about 75 percent of Monsanto’s Roundup lawsuits by an estimated 125,000 people who claim exposure to its weed killer and other glyphosate herbicides caused them to develop the form of cancer called non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
September 4, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Black Farmers Hit Monsanto with “No More Roundup” Lawsuit ]
St Louis, MO In an attempt to stop the sale of the weedkiller Roundup, a federal civil rights lawsuit was filed last month on behalf of the National Black Farmers Association against Bayer (which bought Monsanto). Farmers argue that they are forced to buy more and more Roundup-resistant seeds every year and the only way to break the cycle is to remove Roundup from the market.
July 3, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Mosanto and Regulators vs. Consumers ]
Santa Clara, CA The herbicides dicamba and glyphosate have a lot in common. Both are made by Monsanto, both are associated with environmental problems such as chemical drift and both cause health problems, such as cancer. Nobody knows this more than investigative journalist Carey Gillam.
June 17, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ The Environmental Protection Agency no longer Protecting Monsanto? ]
Santa Clara, CA A federal court last week slammed the EPA for approving dicamba-based weed-killing products sold by agricultural giants Bayer AG, BASF and Corteva Agriscience, now making it illegal for farmers to use dicamba herbicides. The EPA also sided with Monsanto and its Roundup weedkiller, which has tragically resulted in more than 125,000 Monsanto cancer lawsuits.
May 27, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Monsanto Roundup Cancer Appeal, Bayer Blames Coronavirus ]
Santa Clara, CA A hearing by a California appeals court has been scheduled for June 2 in the case of Dewayne “Lee” Johnson v. Monsanto. Johnson was the first cancer victim to take Monsanto (now owned by Bayer) to court. His case garnered attention worldwide and opened the floodgates for tens of thousands of Monsanto Roundup lawsuits.
April 14, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer Settles Roundup Advertising Class Action Lawsuit ]
Kansas City, MO Monsanto (owned by Bayer) and Scotts Miracle-Gro Products, Inc. claimed that glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup weedkiller, is not found in humans or pets and only affects plant enzymes—therefore it is not a health risk to humans and animals. But not everyone believed them.
March 23, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer’s Monsanto Purchase Sews Seeds of Discontent Amongst Shareholders ]
Whippany, NJ Bayer, one of the largest and most high-profile public companies in the world, started negotiations last year with plaintiffs’ lawyers to settle tens of thousands of lawsuits involving Roundup. Now it’s been slammed with a shareholder derivative lawsuit.
February 19, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ The Obstacle Course to Bayer Monsanto’s Roundup Settlements ]
Santa Clara, CA Almost 43,000 plaintiffs claiming that Bayer’s Monsanto Roundup weed killer caused their non-Hodgkin's lymphoma have been told by their attorneys that several obstacles must be overcome before reaching the finish line -- the settlement. Bayer says the Roundup settlement may total $10 billion, which makes it one of the most complex and costliest litigations—but still not close to Apple v. Samsung ($40 billion) and the BP Oil Spill ($42 billion).
- Does Monsanto (Bayer) Have a Silver Bullet? By Jane Mundy (Jan-1-20)
- Monsanto Banned from Hawaii – And How Dangerous is Methyl Parathion? By Jane Mundy (Dec-6-19)
- Bayer “Not Playing Nice in the Sandbox” of Monsanto Litigation By Jane Mundy (Nov-12-19)
- Does Bayer Regret Buying Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Oct-18-19)
- Farmers Worldwide Filed Monsanto Herbicide Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Sep-5-19)
- Farmers Worldwide Filed Monsanto Herbicide Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Aug-17-19)
- Monsanto Accused of Fudging Glyphosate Evidence By Anne Wallace (Jul-17-19)
- UCSD Study: Monsanto Roundup Linked to Liver Disease By Anne Wallace (Jun-27-19)
- Monsanto Roundup: Killer Cocktail? By Anne Wallace (Jun-12-19)
- Jury Awards Alberta and Alva Pilliod more than $2 Billion in Roundup Cancer Case By Anne Wallace (May-20-19)
- Monsanto Trial: Fake Evidence or Phony Expert? By Anne Wallace (May-3-19)
- Jury Awards Edwin Hardeman $80.2 Million in Roundup Cancer Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Apr-15-19)
- Jury Finds Monsanto RoundUp a “Substantial Factor” in Causing Cancer By Anne Wallace (Mar-21-19)
- Wife wonders whether Father-in-Law and Husband diagnosed with Cancer is associated with Monsanto’s Roundup By Jane Mundy (Jan-16-19)
- Bayer’s Biggest Mistake –Buying Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-18)
- Monsanto has appealed a $78 million award to DeWayne Johnson, More Lawsuits Coming By Jane Mundy (Nov-23-18)
- Judge Upends $289 Million Monsanto Roundup Cancer Award By Anne Wallace (Oct-19-18)
- Monsanto Glyphosate Lawsuit: Expert Testimony Deemed Credible Enough for Trial By Lori Prapas (Aug-8-18)
- EPA Now Says Monsanto Roundup 'Likely' Does Not Cause Cancer, Debate Continues By Gordon Gibb (Feb-15-18)
- Will Monsanto-Sponsored Science Poison RoundUp Lawsuits? By Anne Wallace (Jan-15-18)
- Monsanto v. Scientists over Glyphosate as a Probable Carcinogen By Gordon Gibb (Dec-11-17)
- Monsanto Still Fighting California’s Carcinogen Listing for Glyphosate in Roundup By Gordon Gibb (Nov-21-17)
- Monsanto Moves for Summary Judgement While EU Looks to Ban Glyphosate By Gordon Gibb (Oct-23-17)
- Monsanto’s Roundup Cancer Lawsuits Reveal Cover-Up and the Monsanto Plot Thickens… By Jane Mundy (Oct-7-17)
- Recent Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit Targets Alleged Marketing Violations By Gordon Gibb (Sep-23-17)
- Monsanto to Merge with Bayer, While Still Facing Hurdles By Gordon Gibb (Aug-7-17)
- Not-Ready-for-Market Herbicide Kills Farmers’ Crops By Brenda Craig (Jul-26-17)
- Monsanto Loses Bid to Delay Placement of Roundup on Unflattering List By Gordon Gibb (Jul-8-17)
- Plaintiffs in Monsanto Roundup Litigation Seek Studies on Mice By Gordon Gibb (Jun-7-17)
- Monsanto Hit with Yet Another Lawsuit Over Roundup By Gordon Gibb (May-8-17)
- Allegations of Corruption: Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit Plaintiffs By Gordon Gibb (Apr-7-17)
- Monsanto-Gate: Leaked Roundup Cancer Report By Jane Mundy (Mar-9-17)
- More Evidence Linking Monsanto’s Roundup to Cancer By Jane Mundy (Jan-2-17)