LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Levaquin Legal News Articles & Interviews
May 13, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: The FDA today issued a new warning for Levaquin and other fluoroquinolones, adding that side effects of the antibiotic medication “generally” outweigh its benefits.Read [ FDA Announces Levaquin Risks Outweigh Benefits ]
March 5, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
Raritan, NJ: Johnson & Johnson (J&J) reportedly faces an $800 million Levaquin lawsuit, alleging the company hid vital information about side effects linked to the drug. Plaintiffs in the Levaquin antibiotic lawsuit allege Johnson & Johnson, and its subsidiary Janssen Pharmaceuticals, deliberately mislabeled Levaquin. In addition to J&J being named in the lawsuit, former FDA commissioner Margaret Hamberg is also listed and faces allegations of violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act.Read [ Johnson & Johnson Faces $800M Levaquin Lawsuit ]
November 17, 2015. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA: Fluoroqinolone antibiotics, including Levaquin, Avelox and Cipro, should have a new black box warning regarding the risk of heart rhythm problems according to Public Citizen, a prominent national watchdog group.Read [ Fluoroqinolone Antibiotics Require Black Box Warning for Heart Rhythm Side Effects ]
July 3, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Levaquin Peripheral Sensorimotor Neuropathy Lawsuits Expected to Grow ]
San Francisco, CA It’s bad enough when a prescription medication leaves you with a nasty, but temporary side effect. It’s another thing entirely when a devastating side effect proves permanent. That’s one claim amongst a host of allegations contained in a Levaquin Antibiotics lawsuit currently before the courts and arguing for consolidation by the US Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation.
December 7, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Should Levaquin Carry Stronger Warnings? ]
Los Angeles, CA Recent concerns about Levaquin side effects have prompted some critics to call on the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to take stronger action regarding Levaquin. A recent report by ABC10 News highlights some of the concerns medical professionals and patients have about the drug.
November 14, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Levaquin Peripheral Sensorimotor Neuropathy Strikes a Nerve ]
San Francisco, CA It’s bad enough when a manufacturer is alleged to have known about a potentially serious side effect and didn’t tell anyone about it. When you finally face the music and include Levaquin side effects on product labeling, it helps to be thorough and upfront with just how bad things can get.
October 30, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ A New Outlaw in the Levaquin Side Effects Corral ]
Glendale, AZ Levaquin has long been a source of frustration for patients with regard to Levaquin side effects ranging from pain to tendon ruptures. But there is a new scourge emerging from the use of the fluoroquinolone that has actually been on the FDA radar since 2004, with an updated label finally coming last fall. Critics and plaintiffs say manufacturers and the US Food and Drug Administration aren’t doing enough.
August 30, 2014. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ The Fluoroquinolones Community—and Their Leader Mark Girard ]
Ottawa, ON Seven years ago Canadian Mark Girard was strong and healthy and living a very comfortable life. He worked as a chef in the high-altitude vacation lodges cradled in the pristine Rocky Mountains. On his days off, there was unlimited ATV riding surrounded by iconic scenery, and in the winter there were snowmobile adventures in the back country.
January 24, 2012. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Investment Firm Wants Johnson & Johnson to Be Accountable for Levaquin Side Effects ]
New Brunswick, NJ A California-based investment firm wants Johnson & Johnson to be held accountable for tendon injuries, irreversible nerve damage and other Levaquin side effects, The New Jersey Star-Ledger reported.
January 14, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Investors Want to Hold J&J's Feet to Levaquin Tendon Fire ]
Newark, NJ It seems like Johnson & Johnson (J&J), the makers of Levaquin through its subsidiary, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, has more to worry about than tens of thousands of levaquin lawsuits. Now, in a move that is not unprecedented but is nonetheless rare, an investment firm with shares in J&J is trying to force the manufacturer to be held accountable for levaquin side effects and other injuries allegedly triggered by the powerful antibiotic.
- Levaquin Nerve Damage Lawsuits Next? By Jane Mundy (Dec-23-11)
- Are Levaquin Warnings Getting to the Patient? By Gordon Gibb (Dec-13-11)
- Antibiotic Drug Levaquin May Have Been Cause for Tendon Rupture for North Carolina Woman By Charles Benson (Nov-18-11)
- Company Cleared of Liability despite Levaquin Side Effects By Charles Benson (Oct-27-11)
- Levaquin Lawyers Accepting Claims for Tendon Ruptures Anywhere in the Body By Jane Mundy (Sep-12-11)
- Levaquin Injury "So Severe for Doing So Little" By Jane Mundy (Aug-16-11)
- Levaquin Lawsuit Seeks Unspecified Damages By Gordon Gibb (Jul-29-11)
- "Levaquin Should Not Be Prescribed to Patients over 60" By Jane Mundy (Jul-12-11)
- "Levaquin the Mother of All Horror Stories" By Jane Mundy (Jun-27-11)
- Latest Levaquin Trial Underway Alleging Levaquin Tendon Rupture By Gordon Gibb (Jun-11-11)
- Levaquin User Concerned about Joint Pain By Jane Mundy (May-28-11)
- Did Levaquin Drop the Ball on Your Achilles Tendon? By Gordon Gibb (May-10-11)
- Johnson & Johnson Reports Strong Sales despite Levaquin Side Effects By Charles Benson (Apr-29-11)
- Ballet Teacher's Career on Hold, Courtesy of Levaquin By Jane Mundy (Apr-6-11)
- Using Levaquin Could Lead to Tendon Rupture By Charles Benson (Feb-28-11)
- Levaquin Tears More Tendons Than Other Fluoroquinolones By Jane Mundy (Feb-11-11)
- "Levaquin Took My Legs Away." By Jane Mundy (Feb-4-11)
- Levaquin Maker Joins Sanford-Burnham Institute to Research Alzheimer's Drugs By Charles Benson (Jan-21-11)
- Levaquin Tendon Rupture Year in Review By Gordon Gibb (Jan-11-11)
- Will Levaquin Lawsuit Win for Plaintiff Signal a Trend? By Gordon Gibb (Dec-29-10)
- Levaquin User Files Shareholder Proxy for Johnson & Johnson's Next Annual Meeting By Jane Mundy (Dec-28-10)
- Johnson & Johnson Loses First Levaquin Side Effects Trial By Charles Benson (Dec-16-10)
- "The Levaquin Makers Are Going to Pay for the Damage They Caused" By Jane Mundy (Dec-9-10)
- Attorney Says Johnson & Johnson Hid Levaquin Side Effects By Charles Benson (Nov-22-10)
- And the Levaquin Torn Tendons Just Keep on A-Comin' By Gordon Gibb (Nov-11-10)
- John Fratti: FDA Advocate for Levaquin and Drug Safety By Jane Mundy (Nov-1-10)
- J & J Asks Judge to Toss Lawsuit Alleging Illegal Promotion of Levaquin, Other Drugs By Charles Benson (Oct-25-10)
- Levaquin Patients Were "Denied Informed Consent" By Heidi Turner (Oct-24-10)
- John Fratti's War on Levaquin Heats Up By Gordon Gibb (Oct-6-10)
- Lawsuit: Johnson & Johnson Pushed Levaquin, Other Drugs on Seniors By Charles Benson (Sep-27-10)
- Levaquin Patient Faces Constant Battle with Pain By Heidi Turner (Sep-18-10)
- More Levaquin Tendon Rupture Plaintiffs Take Legal Action By Gordon Gibb (Sep-5-10)
- Johnson and Johnson May Have Used Kickbacks to Increase Sales of Levaquin By Charles Benson (Jan-22-10)
- Generic Levaquin Is in the Pipeline By Gordon Gibb (Dec-14-09)
- Levaquin Patient Suffers Tendon Pain for Two Years By Heidi Turner (Dec-3-09)
- Patient's Knee Swells up After Levaquin Use By Heidi Turner (Nov-25-09)
- Levaquin Side Effects Ground Outstanding Pilot By Gordon Gibb (Nov-13-09)
- Levaquin Side Effects "Like Getting Hit with a Fastball" By Heidi Turner (Nov-6-09)
- Videogamers may want to avoid Levaquin and its reported side effects By Charles Benson (Oct-30-09)
- Levaquin Side Effects Meant Life in Wheelchair for Seven Years By Gordon Gibb (Oct-23-09)