LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Legal Malpractice Legal News Articles & Interviews
January 5, 2013. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Understanding Legal Malpractice ]
Tampa, FL People who have been victims of legal malpractice may be uncomfortable considering a lawsuit against their attorney, but if they have been harmed by a violation of legal malpractice law, a lawsuit may be the only way to compensate them for that harm.
March 15, 2012. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Attorney Ben Stewart: Many Legal Malpractice Cases Not Because of Trials ]
Tampa, FL When people think about legal malpractice, they tend to think of situations where an attorney has erred in the courtroom, resulting in a substantial loss for his client. Legal malpractice claims are often believed to be the result of cases that make their way to the courtroom. But Ben Stewart, of Stewart Law, PLLC, says many legal malpractice lawsuits are the result of situations that have nothing to do with courtrooms and were never even meant for a trial.
July 19, 2011. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Public Defense System under Fire in Washington State ]
Seattle, WA Out of a duty to the public good, two attorneys from Seattle have taken on a class-action suit aimed at ensuring that low-income and indigent persons charged with misdemeanors in Mount Vernon and Burlington are afforded all the rights afforded to US citizens. "We got interested in the idea just as conscientious attorneys," says Toby Marshall, from the firm of Terrell, Marshall, Daudt & Willie. "We started investigating about six months ago, doing public disclosure requests, getting documents and interviewing people."
April 5, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Legal Malpractice Lawsuit Filed by University Professor ]
Jefferson County, TX A male professor at Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas, who sued the school has filed a legal malpractice lawsuit claiming his attorney mishandled his discrimination claim, the Southeast Texas Record reports.
March 11, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Woman Sues West Virginia Attorney for Legal Malpractice ]
Charleston, WV A woman from Wayne County, West Virginia, has filed a legal malpractice lawsuit against an attorney from Cabell County, claiming the lawyer missed the deadline for filing her personal injury complaint, reports the West Virginia Record.
March 3, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Pennsylvania Attorney Hit with $4.25 Million Legal Malpractice Settlement ]
Allentown, PA A legal malpractice lawsuit against an attorney from Allentown, Pennsylvania, recently resulted in a $4.25 million settlement, the Morning Call reports.
February 12, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Georgia Law Firm Named in Legal Malpractice Lawsuit ]
Savannah, GA A law firm in Savannah, Georgia, is being accused of legal malpractice after it was alleged to have incorrectly advised a client to accept a settlement in a car accident case and then directed her to a loan company that was created by the firm, the Augusta Chronicle reports.
January 24, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Florida Legal Malpractice Case Goes to Trial in April ]
Sarasota, FL A Legal Malpractice Law case in Florida has been temporarily delayed after the judge in the case had to move the start date to avoid a sudden conflict. However, it appears as if a complaint surrounding a soured real estate deal and the alleged role of a Florida lawyer in the case will be heard in April.
January 11, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Pennsylvania Legal Malpractice Lawsuit Dismissed ]
Pittsburgh, PA A judge in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, recently dismissed a legal malpractice lawsuit filed against a prominent Pittsburgh law firm after beverage maker LeNature's Inc. suffered a financial collapse, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports.
December 31, 2010. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Guilty Until Proven Innocent—Legal Malpractice? ]
Girard, PA Mindy's son, Michael, was 18 years old when he sexually assaulted a minor. But there are two sides to every story and Mindy believes that Michael never got a fair trial, due to legal malpractice on the part of his Public Defender. Although Mindy's son was charged with a terrible thing, he is also mentally challenged, which was never brought up in court, and there are many more issues that made Michael "guilty until proven innocent."
- Detroit Men Suing Attorney for Legal Malpractice By Charles Benson (Dec-13-10)
- Legal Malpractice: Not All Lawyers Are Ethical By Jane Mundy (Nov-25-10)
- Legal Malpractice Verdict Against Largest Law Firm on Planet By Gordon Gibb (Nov-12-10)
- Contractor Sues Minnesota GOP Gubernatorial Candidate for Legal Malpractice By Charles Benson (Oct-23-10)
- Legal Malpractice Law Case to Be Appealed By Gordon Gibb (Oct-10-10)
- Woman Files Appeals in Legal Malpractice Lawsuit By Charles Benson (Sep-21-10)
- Attorney Tracks Foreclosure Frauds and Files Class Action By Brenda Craig (Sep-6-10)
- Canadian Lawyer under Investigation for Possible Legal Malpractice By Gordon Gibb (Sep-6-10)
- County Attorney Candidate Was Twice Sued for Legal Malpractice By Charles Benson (Aug-27-10)
- Legal Malpractice: Lawyer Accused of Swindling Grandma By Heidi Turner (Aug-18-10)
- Legal Malpractice Case Has a Happy Ending By Gordon Gibb (Aug-7-10)
- Scottie Pippen Wins Legal Malpractice Lawsuit By Charles Benson (Jul-27-10)
- Illinois Judge Hearing New Arguments in Ongoing Legal Malpractice Lawsuit By Charles Benson (Jun-17-10)
- Supreme Court Ruling Blocks Suit for Legal Malpractice By Gordon Gibb (May-5-10)
- New Jersey Lawyer Liable for Legal Malpractice for Failing to Report Settlement Offer By Charles Benson (Apr-11-10)
- Law Firm Accused of Legal Malpractice By Gordon Gibb (Mar-15-10)