LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Insurance Lawyer Interviews
June 24, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Covid Long-Haulers and Denied Disability ]
Santa Clara, CA If you are a COVID 19 long-hauler and your disability claim has been denied, don’t give up – don’t accept excuses from your insurer. The medical and legal community, state and federal governments (including the CDC) and a recent global survey recognize Long COVID as a disability and insurers will increasingly find it difficult to deny LTD benefits.
April 27, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Long-Term Disability Attorney Discusses Long-COVID Disability Claims ]
Northridge, CA It’s no surprise that some “long COVID-19” claims are denied by insurance companies: there was even a debate about whether it was real. But long-term disability attorney Brent Dorian Brehm, with Kantor & Kantor LLP has already won “post-COVID-19 syndrome” appeals for his clients. Brehm discusses how best to file a long-COVID LTD claim.
April 1, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Emergency Room Overcharges Attorney Helps—if you are Committed ]
Los Angeles, CA Attorney Barry Kramer may be able to get your emergency room services reduced, but his goal is to change the hospital system and stop ER overcharges for everyone. If you think your hospital has overcharged you for their services and you’re willing to go the distance, and if you want to make a difference and help others, read on.
February 8, 2018. By Brenda Craig.
Minneapolis, MN Disability insurance is intended to help individuals through rough spots, providing them with income when health problems keep them off the job. However, insurance companies are big corporations concerned about their bottom line. Unless policy holders can stand up to the insurance company's strict requirements during the critical cross over period from short term disability to long term disability there is a risk the benefits will be denied.Read [ Long Term Disability Denial Letter from Insurer is Not the End of the Road ]
January 25, 2018. By Brenda Craig.
Los Angeles, CA: There is an increasing amount of evidence to show that charges for emergency room treatment in American hospitals varies, and varies widely. One hospital might charge $1,000 for a particular test or treatment while another hospital might charge $12,000 for the exact same services.Read [ Class Actions Get Relief for Uninsured and Overbilled Hospital Patients ]
November 10, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
San Diego, CA: Epic wildfires rampaged through Northern California in the fall of 2017 destroying everything in their path leaving thousands of people to literally start over from the ground up. An estimated 6,000 homes and buildings were destroyed and at least 42 people died.Read [ Attorney Estimates California Wildfire Damage is in the Billions ]
September 28, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Minneapolis, MN: Chances are, if you are asked to define disability, it won’t be the same definition as written in your disability insurance policy. Attorney Kristen Gyolai with Fields Law Firm wants you to know that there is a discrepancy between policy holders and how that policy defines disability.Read [ Attorney Explains Difference between Definition of Disability ]
August 15, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Minneapolis, MN Disabled workers sometimes get a rude awakening when the workplace disability insurance policy they thought would help them maintain their standard of living in the event of injury or illness abruptly ends.Read [ Disability Insurance is not a Slam Dunk says Lawyer ]
July 11, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Minneapolis, MN If you are dealing with a disability claim with an insurance company this may be one of the most important stories you’ll ever read because the fact is, it ain’t over till it’s over.Read [ You Can Fight Back Against Denied Disability Claims ]
June 7, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Minneapolis, MN Individuals dealing with social security, workers compensation benefits, or short or long term disability claims are often faced with a flurry of forms. Answering an insurance company’s request for information in what is usually referred to as a Proof of Disability letter can be terrifying.Read [ The Best Strategy for Dealing with Proof of Disability Letters ]
- Doctor from Dallas Collects $11.4 million for Blowing the Whistle on Healthcare Fraud By Brenda Craig (Mar-3-17)
- Qui Tam Whistleblowers and Healthcare Fraud: “It’s a Completely Criminal Enterprise” By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-17)
- Cash for Whistleblowers in the Health Care Industry By Brenda Craig (Dec-15-16)
- Two hour Emergency Room Charge more than 7-star Hotel By Jane Mundy (Nov-7-16)
- Don’t Let Unpaid Hospital Bills Ruin Your Life By Brenda Craig (Oct-16-16)
- Hospital Overcharges: Attorney Can Help Uninsured By Jane Mundy (Sep-29-16)
- Unclear Paperwork a Frequent Complaint in Long-Term Disability Insurance Denials By Heidi Turner (Mar-17-16)
- Did Your Insurer Deal with You in Bad Faith? By Brenda Craig (Feb-20-16)
- Smart Strategies for Maximizing Insurance Claims in Road Accidents By Brenda Craig (Sep-21-15)
- Harvoni Investigation Focuses on Problematic Insurance Industry Practices By Heidi Turner (Jun-11-15)
- What You Should Know About Denied Disability: Washington Disability Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Sep-30-14)
- How Disability Insurance Works with ERISA: Disability Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jul-7-14)
- Cautionary Tale for Life Insurance Customers By Brenda Craig (Jun-21-14)
- Variable Annuities Attorney: “Variable Annuities Are Not Bought, They’re Sold” By Heidi Turner (Sep-9-13)
- Force-Placed Insurance Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jun-21-13)
- Overturning ERISA and the Supreme Court Update By Jane Mundy (Feb-3-13)
- California Insurance Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Nov-12-12)
- Overturning ERISA Practice: Public Justice Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Oct-29-12)
- Attorney Discusses Warranties vs Insurance and American Home Shield By Jane Mundy (Jun-25-12)
- Proving Your Social Security Disability Insurance Case By Jane Mundy (Jan-27-12)
- Oklahoma SSDI Lawsuit? Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Nov-12-11)
- Denied Social Security Benefits? SSDI Attorney Advises By Jane Mundy (Oct-29-11)
- The Natural Disaster Law Lawyer Mops Up for Victims By Brenda Craig (Jun-21-11)
- "Unum Buyer Beware," Says Attorney Greg Jones By Jane Mundy (Jun-21-11)
- $23.4 Million for Medical Sales Exec Who Blew the Whistle By Brenda Craig (Mar-24-11)
- Attorney Discusses Whistleblowers and Qui Tam Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Sep-9-10)
- Attorney Hopes "Discretionary Proof" Suit will Clean Up the Insurance Industry By Brenda Craig (Jun-16-10)
- Attorney Mantese on Groundbreaking Autism Case By Brenda Craig (Jul-3-09)
- Attorney Eleanor Hamburger puts the Heat on Nationwide Insurance By Brenda Craig (Apr-23-09)
- Attorney Charles Binder: Advocate for The Disabled By Brenda Craig (Oct-4-08)
- Glenn E. Solomon: Patients and Health Providers in it Together By Brenda Craig (Jul-18-08)
- Attorney Richard B. Specter on Insurance Bad Faith By Paul Halpern (Apr-25-08)