LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Fixodent Denture Cream Poisoning Legal News Articles & Interviews
FDA Warns About Zinc-Containing Denture Adhesives
October 5, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ FDA Warns About Zinc-Containing Denture Adhesives ]
Washington, DC The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning the public about overuse of zinc-containing denture adhesives and associated adverse events such as nerve damage and numbness. The warning was prompted by case reports in the literature as well as the agency's own adverse event reporting data, showing a link between these side effects and chronic use of zinc-containing denture adhesives.
GSK Reported to Have Paid $120M in Poligrip Settlements
May 4, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ GSK Reported to Have Paid $120M in Poligrip Settlements ]
London, UK According to a report on Reuters.com the maker of Poligrip products, GlaxoSmithKline, has paid at least $120 million to settle claims that allege the denture cream causes or caused neurological disorders.
Study: Denture Cream Can Cause Zinc Overdose
April 28, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Study: Denture Cream Can Cause Zinc Overdose ]
College Park, MD According to a recent study conducted by researchers at the University of Maryland, denture cream and adhesives can cause zinc overdoses, potentially leading to serious neurological damage.
Did Embarrassing Media Exposure Motivate FDA to Act on Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning?
April 13, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Did Embarrassing Media Exposure Motivate FDA to Act on Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning? ]
New York, NY It was on February 8 that investigative reporter Chris Cuomo held up a thick sheaf of papers comprised of 360 adverse reaction reports that had been submitted to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) with regard to Fixodent zinc poisoning.
Researcher Warns About Risk of Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning
April 2, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Researcher Warns About Risk of Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning ]
Baltimore, MD A report published in the March/April 2011 issue of the journal General Dentistry warns dentists to be careful about exposing patients to denture cream zinc poisoning. The paper comes after warnings about the risk of denture adhesive zinc poisoning when patients use too much product that contains zinc, such as Fixodent denture cream.
Is There a New Wrinkle in Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning?
March 14, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Is There a New Wrinkle in Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning? ]
Windsor, ON Concern over Fixodent denture adhesive and other denture creams containing zinc has been top of mind for denture wearers for some time now, culminating in a letter reportedly sent to the makers of two popular brands of denture cream by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in late February. The regulator reportedly called on GlaxoSmithKline and Procter & Gamble to remove zinc from their denture cream formulations. The Windsor Star reported March 3 that Health Canada, the Canadian health regulator, had endorsed an announcement made by GlaxoSmithKline to health care professionals with regard to overuse of denture adhesive.
Class-Action Lawsuit Filed over Fixodent Zinc Poisoning
March 3, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Class-Action Lawsuit Filed over Fixodent Zinc Poisoning ]
Sacramento, CA A class-action lawsuit including plaintiffs from across the US was recently filed claiming Fixodent zinc poisoning caused permanent damage to their nervous systems, KCRA.com reports.
Peer Reviewer Accused of Conflict in Fixodent Zinc Poisoning Study
February 23, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Peer Reviewer Accused of Conflict in Fixodent Zinc Poisoning Study ]
New York, NY From a public relations standpoint, it couldn't be any worse. Not only does Fixodent denture adhesive still contain zinc (which has been found to harm people when used in excessive amounts), it has been discovered that the release of important research that may have succeeded in spreading the word more quickly was unnecessarily delayed under questionable circumstances.
Illinois Man Invents Potential Substitute for Fixodent Denture Adhesive
February 11, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Illinois Man Invents Potential Substitute for Fixodent Denture Adhesive ]
Decatur, IL A man from Decatur, Illinois, recently came up with a 3-in-1 dental tool that could be a potential replacement for Fixodent denture adhesive, which can cause zinc poisoning.
Fixodent Denture Adhesive: Never Discount Human Nature
January 29, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Fixodent Denture Adhesive: Never Discount Human Nature ]
Washington, DC The denture cream zinc poisoning debate can be summed up in the disconnect between what the manufacturer advocates as "safe and effective when used as directed"—and basic human nature that suggests more is better. Eat more vegetables. Spend more time at the gym. Brush your teeth longer, and use plenty of toothpaste. And when you have dentures and want to look your best…well, it never hurts to use a little bit extra, does it?
- After Purchasing Denture Cream Brands, Prestige Buys J&J's Dramamine Business By Charles Benson (Dec-22-10)
- Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning: The Difficulty with Diagnosis By Heidi Turner (Dec-12-10)
- Details Still Sparse on Fixodent Zinc Poisoning By Gordon Gibb (Dec-6-10)
- Man Confined to Wheelchair After Possible Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning By Charles Benson (Nov-23-10)
- Denture Cream Poisoning Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Nov-14-10)
- Few Believed the Possibility of Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning By Gordon Gibb (Nov-7-10)
- Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning Lawsuits Filed in Canada By Charles Benson (Oct-21-10)
- Fixodent Zinc Poisoning: "They Don't Tell You How Much Is Too Much" By Gordon Gibb (Oct-6-10)
- Denture Cream Attorney: Patients Must Have a Blood Test By Heidi Turner (Sep-29-10)
- Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning Class Action in Canada By Gordon Gibb (Sep-19-10)
- Denture Cream Lawsuit Scheduled for 2011 By Charles Benson (Sep-9-10)
- Some Denture Cream Lawsuits Reportedly Settled By Heidi Turner (Aug-24-10)
- Case Study: Avoid Denture Creams with Zinc By Charles Benson (Aug-14-10)
- Two More Lawsuits Alleging Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning By Gordon Gibb (Aug-8-10)
- Attorney Jeff Lowe Speaks About Denture Cream Poisoning By Heidi Turner (Jun-10-10)
- Denture Cream Poisoning: "People Having a Hard Time With This" By Heidi Turner (May-31-10)
- Denture Cream Lawsuit: Young People Aging Before Their Time By Heidi Turner (May-28-10)
- Manufacturer Continues to Face Legal Challenges over Fixodent Denture Adhesive By Charles Benson (May-23-10)
- Fixodent Zinc Poisoning: One Woman's Story By Gordon Gibb (May-19-10)
- Do Fixodent Denture Adhesive Cautions Reflect Real-World Use? By Gordon Gibb (May-8-10)
- Denture Cream: Too Much of a Bad Thing By Heidi Turner (Apr-27-10)
- Poor Chemical Regulations May Be Responsible for Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning By Charles Benson (Apr-20-10)
- Did Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning Cause Man's Death? By Heidi Turner (Apr-14-10)
- Procter & Gamble Urged to Recall Denture Cream Containing Zinc By Gordon Gibb (Apr-7-10)
- Lawsuits Alleging Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning on the Rise By Charles Benson (Mar-23-10)
- Patients Worried about Zinc Poisoning Should See Doctor By Heidi Turner (Mar-17-10)
- Fixodent Zinc Poisoning: How Much is Too Much? By Gordon Gibb (Mar-12-10)
- Texas Woman Left Disabled From Denture Poisoning By Charles Benson (Feb-24-10)
- GlaxoSmithKline Removing Zinc from Denture Cream By Heidi Turner (Feb-18-10)
- Denture Creams Stick It To You in More Ways Than One By Gordon Gibb (Feb-10-10)
- Fixodent Denture Adhesive Linked to Nerve Damage By Charles Benson (Jan-25-10)
- Denture Cream Poisoning Caused by Excess Zinc By Heidi Turner (Jan-24-10)
- Concern over Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning Not Slipping By Gordon Gibb (Jan-11-10)
- Zinc Overdose: the Trouble with Denture Cream By Heidi Turner (Dec-28-09)
- Denture Adhesive Poisoning Tests Not Always Straightforward By Heidi Turner (Dec-18-09)
- Lawsuit Alleges Denture Cream Zinc Poisoning By Gordon Gibb (Dec-8-09)
- Denture Cream User Frustrated by Lack of Warnings By Heidi Turner (Nov-28-09)
- Warning Labels Expand to Include Denture Adhesive Zinc Poisoning Risks By Charles Benson (Nov-19-09)
- Denture Cream Users Sticking It to Denture Adhesive Makers By Heidi Turner (Nov-13-09)
- Yet Another Fixodent Denture Cream Zinc Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Nov-3-09)