LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Essure Legal News Articles & Interviews
July 13, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Paris, FR: While Essure lawsuits are being filed in France, Canada and the US on behalf of women who have suffered complications from the permanent birth control device (and at least one death in France), gynecologists say a “small minority of women” are requesting removal. But what constitutes a small minority?Read [ Essure Sales Decline as Complaints Increase and ObGyn Tips for Removal ]
June 15, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Cleveland, OH: Brazil found Essure such a risk that it’s national health agency banned the permanent sterilization device this past February. Finland is the second country to follow suit. Given the fact that thousands of women have been seriously injured by Essure, isn’t it time the U.S. followed these two forward-thinking countries?Read [ Essure Banned in Another Country, Essure Victim in US wants it Banned Worldwide ]
May 18, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Attorney Max Kennerly Takes Sides against Essure ]
Philadelphia, PA More and more women are coming forward with complaints and complications related to the use of Bayer’s Essure contraceptive device.
April 10, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Boston, MA:Since Bayer won’t withdraw Essure from the market in the wake of Brazil’s recent news and instead potentially harm more women, perhaps its financial woes might be more convincing.Read [ Mounting Essure Lawsuits Amount to Decline in Bayer’s Sales ]
March 20, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: Brazil’s National Health Agency has banned sales and recalled Essure, and advocacy groups worldwide are pressuring their governments to follow suit.Read [ Brazil Recalls Essure and Note to Bayer: Share the Knowledge ]
February 27, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Richmond, VA: Some women who opted for Essure chose the permanent birth control device because they didn’t want a hysterectomy. Due to Essure’s severe side effects and difficulty removing the device, however, Essure’s Physician Training Manual reports in its clinical trials a perforation rate of 3.4 percent and 0.5 percent expulsion (only 9 out of 14 patients underwent a successful second placement after expulsion—which is possibly the body’s way of rejecting a foreign body). But a few pages later, under “Potential Adverse Events not observed in clinical studies” it states:Read [ Essure or Hysterectomy—the Latter May Be Preferable ]
January 13, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Alameda County, CA: The announcement that Fidelma Fitzpatrick is lead counsel for Essure victims should have Bayer even more concerned that litigation may find in favor of plaintiffs. “In a case like [Essure] where we’re talking about birth control devices and women’s health issues it’s particularly important to have women represented,” said Fitpatrick.Read [ Essure: Women Helping Women ]
December 13, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
St Louis, MO: A Missouri federal judge at the beginning of December ruled against Bayer’s motion to dismiss its Essure lawsuit and ruled in favor of 32 women who allege serious and permanent injuries from the permanent birth control device.Read [ Essure Injury Lawsuits Moving Forward ]
November 15, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Los Angeles, CA: Judges in Illinois and California recently ruled that Essure lawsuits can proceed in state courts, meaning that Bayer can no longer rely on a federal pre-emption law that would have protected the pharma giant (and other medical device manufacturers) from liability.Read [ Good News for Essure Plaintiffs ]
October 19, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Sacramento, CA: Now that Bayer can no longer rely on pre-emption law to dismiss its Essure lawsuits, attorneys are filing state lawsuits against the pharma giant.Read [ Essure California Lawsuits Open Floodgates? ]
- FDA and Essure: Rest Un-Assured until 2023 By Jane Mundy (Sep-17-16)
- Essure Good News and Bad News, from California to Connecticut By Jane Mundy (Aug-5-16)
- Gynecologist No Longer Implanting Essure By Jane Mundy (Jul-3-16)
- “From Experience I Can Tell Every Woman NOT to Get Essure” By Jane Mundy (Jun-5-16)
- Essure No Assurance as Permanent Birth Control and Canadian Essure Class Action By Jane Mundy (May-1-16)
- Essure Update: Attorney and Former FDA Employee Weigh In By Jane Mundy (Apr-6-16)
- Stronger Warnings for Essure Not Enough By Jane Mundy (Mar-6-16)
- Essure Victims Not Assured—Yet By Jane Mundy (Feb-11-16)
- Essure Associated with Serious Complications By Jane Mundy (Jan-14-16)
- Regret Is One of Many Essure Side Effects By Jane Mundy (Dec-13-15)
- No More Sex after Essure Implant By Jane Mundy (Nov-11-15)
- Essure Birth Control Device Leads to Hysterectomy By Jane Mundy (Oct-16-15)
- FDA Panel to Review Essure Contraceptive Device By Lucy Campbell (Sep-23-15)
- Essure Not So Sure By Jane Mundy (Aug-25-15)