LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Duragesic Fentanyl Patch Legal News Articles & Interviews
August 18, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Fentanyl Patch Kills Tot, Fentanyl Lawsuit Launched ]
Deerfield, WI "He was just being a little boy." The pained words of a mother lamenting the needless loss of her two-year-old son to the cruelty of a fentanyl patch that had fallen into the wrong hands. Fentanyl patches contain a powerful narcotic designed to ease intense and chronic pain. But they have to be handled with kid gloves, because fentanyl patches can kill.
July 6, 2012. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Lawsuit Filed Against Fentanyl Patch Maker ]
Philadelphia, PA Another lawsuit has been filed against the maker of a fentanyl pain patch alleging the patch was dangerous and caused the death of a woman. The wrongful death lawsuit, filed by the deceased's sister, was filed against the makers of fentanyl patches, including Alza Corp., Sandoz Inc and Novartis. Fentanyl, sold under the Duragesic pain patch brand name, is a highly potent painkiller that has been linked to other deaths.
June 8, 2012. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Duragesic Fentanyl Patches Could Put Patients At Risk ]
Fort Worth, TX For patients dealing with severe, debilitating pain, the Duragesic patch may be their only hope. After all, the fentanyl Duragesic patch is meant to be used in patients who are tolerant to other pain medications and who have chronic pain. In such cases, the strength of fentanyl may be warranted to help patients cope. But the fentanyl patches are so strong that they can be deadly if used incorrectly or if they get into the wrong hands.
May 1, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ The Hidden Dangers of Fentanyl Patches: FDA ]
Washington, DCDuragesic Fentanyl isn't often in the news—but it was last month by way of an advisory from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and a warning to parents regarding the risks that fentanyl can pose to children.
April 15, 2012. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Fatal Fentanyl Flaws ]
Los Angeles, CA With officials warning about the dangers of Duragesic side effects, specifically the risk of Duragesic fentanyl overdose, questions are being asked about the safety of fentanyl patches. The pain patches, which experts say are far more powerful than morphine, have been linked to accidental deaths and wrongful death lawsuits after patients were exposed to too much of the active ingredient.
March 20, 2012. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Another Fentanyl Lawsuit Filed ]
Pittsburgh, PA Another fentanyl lawsuit alleging a patient died after being prescribed fentanyl patches has been filed. The lawsuit claims the fentanyl product—often sold in a Duragesic patch—was defective, leading to the patient's death.
February 19, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Duragesic Death Lawsuit Launched in Utah ]
Park City, UTDuragesic Fentanyl was designed for the patient who is besieged with chronic pain. For such a patient, for whom there is little relief found elsewhere, Fentanyl patches are a godsend. But they can also kill, and have, according to a recent Duragesic lawsuit.
January 5, 2012. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Fentanyl Side Effects Fatal for Some ]
Dallas, TX When it comes to issues such as Duragesic side effects, many patients are probably aware of the risks associated with certain medication interactions. Some medications cannot be taken at the same time without a risk of serious consequences. But patients may not be aware about risks associated with certain behaviors when they use a Duragesic patch. The risks associated with fentanyl patches could be life threatening, and common behaviors can cause such fatal side effects.
December 3, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Lawsuits Filed against Makers of Fentanyl Patches ]
New York, NY Fentanyl lawsuits have been filed against the makers of fentanyl patches, alleging the patches are responsible for the death and injury of loved ones. Although the fentanyl patches—sometimes sold under the Duragesic patch brand—are used to treat pain, they are very strong medications and some serious fentanyl side effects have been reported.
October 20, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Fentanyl Patches Targeted in Several Drug-Related Deaths ]
Galena, MO A Reeds Spring, Missouri man was arrested and has been charged with distributing Fentanyl patches that were allegedly involved in the deaths of two local men, according to the Springfield News-Leader.
- Children at Risk of Fentanyl Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Sep-6-11)
- Woman Arrested in Connecticut on Charges of Selling Fentanyl Patches By Charles Benson (Aug-5-11)
- Supreme Court of Appeals Rules Fentanyl Patch Lawsuit Can Proceed By Heidi Turner (Jul-22-11)
- Appellate Court Upholds $16.56 Million Duragesic Fentanyl Verdict By Gordon Gibb (Jul-9-11)
- Fentanyl Can Be Deadly for Some By Heidi Turner (Jun-22-11)
- Seattle Police Investigating Potential Duragesic Fentanyl Overdose Deaths By Charles Benson (Jun-2-11)
- The Sometimes Murky World of Fentanyl Patches By Gordon Gibb (May-21-11)
- FDA Takes Action to Prevent Fentanyl Harm By Heidi Turner (May-9-11)
- Virginia Man Receives Prison Sentence for Supplying Fentanyl Patches By Charles Benson (Apr-22-11)
- Fentanyl Patch Lawsuit: Company Ordered to Hand Over Documents By Heidi Turner (Apr-12-11)
- Virginia Man Who Sold Fentanyl Patches to Teenagers Sentenced to Two Years By Charles Benson (Mar-23-11)
- A Fentanyl Roundup—And It Ain't Pretty By Gordon Gibb (Mar-9-11)
- Minnesota Nurse Accused of Stealing Patient's Fentanyl Patches By Charles Benson (Feb-28-11)
- Attitude Toward Opioids, Fentanyl Changing Again By Gordon Gibb (Feb-13-11)
- Fentanyl Dangerous Both in the Right and the Wrong Hands By Gordon Gibb (Feb-2-11)
- Boy, 4, Dies from Fentanyl Patch By Gordon Gibb (Dec-26-10)
- Indiana Man Found Dead with Fentanyl Patches in Pocket, Mouth By Charles Benson (Dec-18-10)
- Fentanyl Patch Ordeal "A Nightmare" By Heidi Turner (Dec-8-10)
- Man Killed by Three Duragesic Fentanyl Patches: Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Nov-29-10)
- Four File Suit over Wrongful Deaths Allegedly Caused by Fentanyl Patches By Charles Benson (Nov-14-10)
- Fentanyl Pain Patch "Very Dangerous" By Heidi Turner (Nov-5-10)
- Lawsuit: Fentanyl Patches Caused Young Mother's Death By Charles Benson (Oct-24-10)
- Fentanyl Patches Recalled By Jane Mundy (Oct-22-10)
- Duragesic Pain Patch Lawsuit Settled By Heidi Turner (Oct-14-10)
- Appeals Court Upholds Ruling, Duragesic Plaintiff Awarded $13.3 Million By Gordon Gibb (Oct-4-10)
- "I'm Scared to Death of the Fentanyl Patch" By Jane Mundy (May-26-09)
- Daughter Asks if Fentanyl Caused her Mother's Death By Jane Mundy (May-18-09)
- Was American Idol Judge Hooked on Fentanyl? By Gordon Gibb (May-13-09)
- Fentanyl Patch Not Conducive to Heat? By Jane Mundy (May-10-09)
- Fentanyl Patch either too much or not enough By Jane Mundy (Apr-28-09)
- Man Receives Fentanyl Patch Recall Letter Days After Wife's Death By Gordon Gibb (Apr-20-09)
- Duragesic Fentanyl Patch Results in Death of Six-Year-Old By Gordon Gibb (Apr-6-09)
- "My Brother Died from Fentanyl" By Jane Mundy (Mar-27-09)
- "I almost Died from Fentanyl" By Jane Mundy (Mar-18-09)
- Man Almost Overdosed on Fentanyl By Jane Mundy (Mar-8-09)
- Fentanyl Fines and Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Mar-4-09)
- A Fatal Step on Fentanyl Patch By Jane Mundy (Feb-13-09)
- One Fentanyl Patch Almost Lethal Dose By Jane Mundy (Feb-2-09)
- The Duragesic Patch Recalled Again, Fentanyl Patients Could Die By Gordon Gibb (Jan-31-09)
- "My Mother Died from a Fentanyl Overdose" By Jane Mundy (Jan-26-09)