LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Discrimination Legal News Articles & Interviews
Female Mounties Allege Gender Harassment in Class-Action Hearing
June 3, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Female Mounties Allege Gender Harassment in Class-Action Hearing ]
Vancouver, BC They are an iconic symbol of all that is good, just and fair within Canada and the Canadian Culture: The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, or RCMP. With their distinctive crisp red uniforms and wide-brim hats, the RCMP has stood proudly for generations as a backdrop for hallowed halls of government, pomp and circumstance. Not to mention crime prevention and the maintaining of law and order. For years, the RCMP Musical Ride thrilled audiences with their precision on horseback. But now, the RCMP is accused by female officers of having been taken on a very different ride: gender discrimination and harassment.
Gender Harassment in One of the World’s Most Respected Police Forces
June 25, 2013. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Gender Harassment in One of the World’s Most Respected Police Forces ]
Vancouver, BC: It’s not the demands of the job, but their fellow male officers that have pushed dozens, if not hundreds, of women in Canada’s Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) to the breaking point says lawyer Alexander Zaitzeff, who represents dozens of female Mounties in a massive class-action gender discrimination suit against the iconic Canadian police force, whose red scarlet tunic is recognized around the world.
LAPD Severs Ties With Boy Scouts of America over Gay and Religious Discrimination
January 3, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ LAPD Severs Ties With Boy Scouts of America over Gay and Religious Discrimination ]
Los Angeles, CA In a move that signals a firm commitment to tolerance, the Los Angeles Police Department has decided to end its 50 year partnership with the Boy Scouts of America because of the youth group's practices relating to gay and religious discrimination.
Six File Age Discrimination Complaint against University
December 4, 2009. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Six File Age Discrimination Complaint against University ]
Portland, ME There is no place in a just society for discrimination of any kind, be it racial, sexual, or otherwise. Age discrimination is especially frustrating to those with a wealth of experience and a willingness to contribute, but who are deemed inappropriate according to allegedly indefensible criteria.
Study Finds Discrimination a Threat to Emotional Health
November 21, 2009. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Study Finds Discrimination a Threat to Emotional Health ]
Tallahassee, FL According to a recent report, racial discrimination and other violations of discrimination law have been found to constitute a major threat to the mental and emotional health of African American women.
Young Expectant Mother Victim of Workplace Discrimination in Toronto
October 30, 2009. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Young Expectant Mother Victim of Workplace Discrimination in Toronto ]
Toronto, ON It's not often in this age of racial discrimination, age discrimination, gender discrimination and other forms of workplace discrimination, that you hear about new mothers given the boot for simply being pregnant. But that's what happened to a young, expectant mother in the metropolitan Toronto suburb of Mississauga.
Settlement reached with discrimination case involving interest rates
October 6, 2009. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Settlement reached with discrimination case involving interest rates ]
Los Angeles, CA A California bank has settled a racial discrimination lawsuit with federal prosecutors after being accused of charging non-Asian customers a higher interest rate on loans.
Nashville Faces Potential Employment Discrimination Class Action
September 16, 2009. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Nashville Faces Potential Employment Discrimination Class Action ]
Nashville, TN Nashville Electric Service and the Nashville municipal government are facing a potential class action employment lawsuit over allegations that they engaged in racial discrimination against African Americans related to job promotion and hiring, and forced them to work in a racially hostile environment.
Idaho Developer Called Out for Discrimination Against the Disabled
September 7, 2009. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Idaho Developer Called Out for Discrimination Against the Disabled ]
Post Falls, ID While racial discrimination and workplace discrimination constitute two of the most common affronts to discrimination law, one that is often overlooked but equally discriminatory is the ignorance towards persons with disabilities—not in the workplace, but where they live.
"This Noose is for You"
August 27, 2009. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ "This Noose is for You" ]
Birmingham, AL Even though the plaintiffs and the Nucor Corp Steel is slightly out of the firm's usual geographical area, veteran civil rights and discrimination lawyer Robert L. Wiggins says the facts of the case are so compelling that when the NAACP approached him, he took the case.
- New Proposed Legislation Poised to Fight Workplace Gender Discrimination By Gordon Gibb (Aug-25-09)
- Wal-Mart Accused of Workplace Discrimination By Heidi Turner (May-14-09)
- Racial Bias an Affront to Discrimination Law By Gordon Gibb (Apr-27-09)
- Citigroup Engaged in Recessionary Discrimination says Attorney Wigdor By Brenda Craig (Mar-13-09)
- Racial Discrimination Evident When Trying to Buy a Home By Gordon Gibb (Mar-4-09)
- More Options for Victims of Discrimination in the Pipeline By Gordon Gibb (Dec-12-08)
- Discrimination and the USDA By Gordon Gibb (Oct-23-08)
- EPA Class Action Notice issued following certification of EEOC Class Action for Age and Race Discrimination (Sep-5-08)
- Attorney Steven Sprenger: TV Writers' Lawsuits Get Momentum By Brenda Craig (Sep-4-08)
- Discriminated Worker Sues, Wins Retirement Benefits By Gordon Gibb (Jul-31-08)
- Discrimination Suit Settled by Conectiv and Others for $1.65M By Ginger Gillenwater (May-11-08)
- Atheist Soldier Files Lawsuit for Discrimination By Ginger Gillenwater (Apr-30-08)
- McCormick and Schmick's Faces Discrimination Lawsuit By Ginger Gillenwater (Apr-24-08)
- BoroughVent Creators Embroiled in Battle with Disabilities-Rights Activist By Delsia Hartford (Apr-21-08)
- Class-action status awarded in 3M Age Discrimination Suit By Ginger Gillenwater (Apr-19-08)
- Religious Discrimination Lawsuit is Implemented after Circuit Court Ruling By Delsia Hartford (Apr-6-08)
- Albertson's Sued by EEOC for Discrimination By Ginger Gillenwater (Apr-2-08)
- Complaint Filed Against Christian School for Racism By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-30-08)
- Books for Less Case Closed By Delsia Hartford (Mar-18-08)
- Airport Contractor Settles Discrimination Suit By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-13-08)
- Civil Rights Leader Settles Discrimination Lawsuit By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-8-08)
- Man's Suit Alleging Age Discrimination Nears Trial By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-4-08)
- Job Discrimination Cases have Lawmakers Scratching their Heads By Ginger Gillenwater (Feb-26-08)
- Transgender Law to Possibly be Compromised By Delsia Hartford (Feb-23-08)
- Gender Discrimination is alleged by Female Ref against Religious School By Delsia Hartford (Feb-16-08)
- $6.6M Discrimination Judgment for Ex-Fresno Basketball Coach By Ginger Gillenwater (Feb-15-08)
- Church-going Parishioners Refused Service at Ruby's Diner By Anita Black (Feb-11-08)
- Employee Discrimination against a High Achiever By Julia Browne (Feb-9-08)
- The Verdict is in: $241,119 Awarded in Age Discrimination Lawsuit By Ginger Gillenwater (Feb-4-08)
- Man Looks for Job but finds Discrimination Instead By Anita Black (Jan-31-08)
- Michigan and Palm Beach County Ban Transgender Discrimination By Jaime Jofre (Nov-28-07)
- Discrimination: $11 Million Awarded to Family of Fallen Soldier By Gordon Gibb (Nov-7-07)
- Discrimination: You Don't Have to Take It By Gordon Gibb (May-15-07)