LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Digitek Legal News Articles & Interviews
November 11, 2008. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Digitek Inadvertently Caused Broken Ribs ]
Arlington, VA William P. says he has just about recovered from taking the double dose Digitek and his heart beat is back to normal. But William still has a sensitive chest: he was so dizzy it caused him to fall and break 4 ribs—dizziness is one symptom of a Digitek overdose, also known as digitalis toxicity.
November 4, 2008. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ "Didn't Realize the Danger of Digitek until it Happened to Me" ]
Tempe, AZ: Five years ago Janice was diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation (A-Fib) and her doctor started her on a combination of Digitek and aspirin. "I was doing fine until I had a stroke last March and was hospitalized for two weeks," says Janice. "When I got home, I opened a letter from my pharmacist; it was a notice about the Digitek recall; why didn't my doctor or anyone in the hospital know about it?"
October 29, 2008. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Digitek: Five Days Too Late ]
San Gabriel, CA For at least 2 years Shyanne's Grandmother, Romsao, had been taking the Digitek heart drug, in the belief that it would protect her against future heart attacks. She died while taking the drug, just 5 days before the drug maker, Actavis Totowa, issued a Class I Digitek recall.
October 21, 2008. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ The Digitek Drug Debacle Going to Congress ]
Washington, DC In the wake of the Digitek recall, and the more recent recall of every drug manufactured at the Actavis Totowa facility in Little Falls, New Jersey—it has been revealed that the Digitek drug debacle, together with Digitek and heart problems will be the subject of a Congressional investigation.
October 20, 2008. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Attorney Toriseva: The Digitek War ]
Wheeling, WV Within the next two years, the American manufacturers of a heart medicine called Digitek will be hit with hail of lawsuits and attorney Teresa Toriseva expects to be one of the personal injury lawyers leading the charge. In April of 2008, the FDA issued a drug recall notice after a number of patients experienced problems. "There are hundreds and probably thousands of cases," says Toriseva. "The number of cases is still developing and nobody can give you anything but a gut estimate. Clients are still being screened and reaching out, looking for help."
October 11, 2008. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ "My Wife Died from taking the Recalled Digitek" ]
Sacramento, CA Last December, Robert's wife was hospitalized for an irregular heart beat; she had a cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) implanted and started taking the Digitek heart drug. "Carole took Digitek 3 times a week but she started having problems right away," says Robert. "I know that her last batch of heart meds was part of the Digitek recall because I still have the bottle and batch number."
October 7, 2008. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Digitek Double Dose led to A-fib ]
Lenoir, NC Fran has been taking Digitek to control heart palpitations since 1980. She says they were manageable but right after the Digitek recall Fran didn't "feel right" and she was diagnosed with Atrial fibrillation. Fran believes she took the double dose Digitek heart drug.
September 29, 2008. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Digitek caused friend's Blindness ]
Albany, NY At first, Jack thought he was suffering from pneumonia but he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and started taking Digitek in hospital. Luckily for Jack, his cardiologist took him off the medication months before the Digitek recall but his friend suffered loss of vision in one eye—permanently.
September 23, 2008. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Digitek: "This Pill is Too Thick" ]
Tucson, AZ Sue took Digitek for about 10 years to control her irregular heart beat and palpitations and she was doing OK until last fall, when Sue believes she was given pills that were on the Digitek recall." I got my prescription by mail from Medco and right away, I felt that the pills were too thick," says Sue.
September 18, 2008. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Digitek Recall: Lawsuits Consolidated ]
Morgantown, WV As the Digitek recall continues to reverberate through the corridors of health and jurist prudence, ongoing problems with the Little Falls, New Jersey manufacturing facility operated by Actavis Totowa will add fuel to the legal fire, and in all likelihood increase the number of Digitek heart lawsuits filed by those who have suffered from Digitek side effects, which currently stand at about 60.
- Double Dose Digitek Caused A-Fib By Jane Mundy (Sep-13-08)
- "Digitek is Killing Me," said Mother By Jane Mundy (Sep-7-08)
- Son Blames Digitek on Dad's Deteriorating Health By Jane Mundy (Sep-5-08)
- Digitek Maker Recalling All Products from Beleaguered Plant By Gordon Gibb (Aug-28-08)
- Digitek: "You Don't Mess with Heart Meds" By Jane Mundy (Aug-24-08)
- How Long Has Digitek Double Dose been Going On? By Jane Mundy (Aug-21-08)
- "Digitek Maker Ruined People's Lives" By Jane Mundy (Aug-13-08)
- Digitek Maker should worry about Consumer, not Shareholders By Jane Mundy (Aug-9-08)
- "Digitek Almost Did Him In" By Jane Mundy (Aug-5-08)
- Attorney Roger Drake discusses the Digitek Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Aug-2-08)
- Digitek Double-Trouble: Getting to the Heart of the Matter By Gordon Gibb (Aug-1-08)
- Digitek: "I wasn't planning on Falling Apart so Soon" By Jane Mundy (Jul-24-08)
- Digitek: Alternative Heart Drug Prescribed…Just in Time? By Jane Mundy (Jul-21-08)
- Digitek Recall: Yet Another Lawsuit After Heart Drug Turns Nasty By Gordon Gibb (Jul-15-08)
- Digitek "HorsePills" and subsequent Class Action Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Jul-8-08)
- Digitek's Double Dose Debacle By Jane Mundy (Jul-3-08)
- "Digitek Almost Did Me In" By Jane Mundy (Jun-27-08)
- Digitek Death: The Letter Arrived Too Late By Gordon Gibb (Jun-24-08)
- Patient didn't get Digitek Recall Notification By Jane Mundy (Jun-23-08)
- Doctor Suspected Digitek Toxicity By Jane Mundy (Jun-17-08)
- Did Digitek Cause Wife's Death? By Jane Mundy (Jun-11-08)
- Digitek: Little Room for Error By Gordon Gibb (Jun-6-08)
- Digitek Recall: How Long Were Patients Overdosed? By Jane Mundy (Jun-3-08)
- Overdosing on Digitek By Jane Mundy (May-31-08)
- Digitek Manufacturer Cited for Quality Controls Two Years Ago By Gordon Gibb (May-30-08)
- Digitek Defect: Twice the Size, Twice the Dose By Gordon Gibb (May-20-08)
- Digitek Recall: Your Pharmacist will Call By Jane Mundy (May-15-08)