LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Diabetes Drugs Legal News Articles & Interviews
April 4, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Atlanta, GA: In the past month, two more Onglyza and Kombiglyze lawsuits were filed on behalf of diabetes patients who claim the manufacturer concealed information linking the diabetes drug to an increased risk of heart failure and failed to warn about its alleged potential to cause serious heart problems.Read [ More Type 2 Diabetics add Complaints to Ongoing Onglyza Litigation ]
March 21, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Trenton, NJ: While a plaintiff having filed a recent Invokana lawsuit makes assertions pertaining to Invokana linked with cardiovascular injuries and kidney failure, it was the amputation of his right leg below the knee less than a year after starting on Invokana that ultimately prompted the plaintiff to move forward with his Invokana side effects lawsuit.Read [ Plaintiff Blames Loss of his Lower Leg to Invokana Use ]
February 25, 2018. By Anne Wallace.
Pittsburgh, PA: Viola Chapman began taking Onglyza and Kombiglyze XR (Saxagliptin) to treat her type 2 diabetes in February 2015. By December, as her Onglyza lawsuit claims, those drugs had caused heart failure, congestive heart failure and cardiovascular injury.Read [ Deadly Onglyza Side Effects Set in Fast and Lawsuits Lumber On ]
January 27, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Miami, FL: Yesterday, The U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation (JPML) heard from Onglyza and Kombiglyze patients regarding whether to consolidate all federally-filed cases before one court for pre-trial proceedings.Read [ Onglyza Litigation Ramps Up ]
December 31, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
San Francisco, CA: Once the procedural wrangling is over, the argument that patients were hurt because drug manufacturers, AstraZeneca and Bristol-Meyers Squibb, failed to warn them of the dangers of Onglyza side effects will be at the heart of the Onglyza lawsuits.Read [ ‘Failure to Warn’ at Heart of Onglyza Lawsuits ]
November 20, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Trenton, NJ: The FDA warns of fracture risk with Invokana and Invokamet and more recently of a higher risk for foot and leg amputation. The lawsuit chickens have now come home to roost.Read [ Invokana Lawsuits Consolidated into MDL in New Jersey ]
November 4, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
San Francisco, CA: On October 11, 2017, a group of Onglyza plaintiffs filed a Motion to Transfer with the U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation (JPML). The motion seeks to consolidate the Onglyza lawsuits filed throughout the federal court system in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California. At the time of filing, there were 44 lawsuits pending in 24 federal jurisdictions, all of which put forth virtually identical legal and factual theories. Plaintiffs foresee the possibility that hundreds of Onglyza and Kombiglyze (collectively referred to as “Onglyza” in the motion) lawsuits will be filed in the future.Read [ Onglyza Lawsuits Seek MDL Status in California ]
October 9, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Washington, DC: While patient lawsuits have focused on the danger of heart failure as a Saxagliptin side effect, the risk of pancreatic cancer may be flying under the radar. It can be just as deadly, and research suggests a link between Saxagliptin and the disease.Read [ Add Pancreatic Cancer to Your List of Saxagliptin Worries ]
October 2, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: Despite exhaustive studies that found an increased risk of amputation among Invokana diabetes patients, Janssen Pharmaceuticals has published its own version of research.Read [ New Invokana Research (Funded by Manufacturer) Disputes Earlier Studies Showing Amputation Risk ]
September 6, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: In the accepted parlance of the pharmaceutical and medical industries, a drug is considered not unsafe for the intended patient if the benefits of the drug outweigh the risk. One can therefore assume that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) took this mantra to heart in 2009 when the federal regulator approved Onglyza (saxagliptin) in spite of reservations over potential saxagliptin side effects and the results of clinical trials associated with Onglyza conducted before the drug was approved.Read [ Despite Concerns over Onglyza, FDA Keeps Going Back to the Trough ]
- Janumet Patient Felled by Cancer of the Pancreas in 2012 By Gordon Gibb (Aug-22-17)
- California Saxagliptin Lawsuit Plaintiffs Score Big Procedural Win By Anne Wallace (Aug-11-17)
- Are Risk of Invokana and Invokamet Bone Fractures a Sign of Fractured Regulations? By Gordon Gibb (Aug-8-17)
- Onglyza, Kombiglyze Maintain Risks in Spite of Dismissed Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (Jul-22-17)
- New Jersey Man Claims Diabetes Medicine Caused His Heart Disease By Deb Hipp (Jun-27-17)
- FDA Black Box Warning Adds Fuel to Invokana Lawsuits By Brenda Craig (Jun-24-17)
- Invokana Adverse Events Subject to Much Scrutiny By Gordon Gibb (Jun-13-17)
- Invokana to Get Black-Box Warning over Amputation Risk By Gordon Gibb (May-18-17)
- Saxagliptin Heart Failure and Death Lawsuits Filed By Lucy Campbell (May-9-17)
- Invokana Lawsuits Keep Trickling In By Gordon Gibb (Apr-15-17)
- New Lawsuit Claims Drug Manufacturers Failed to Warn of Risks of Diabetes Medication By Deb Hipp (Mar-28-17)
- Invokana Lawsuits Will Remain in Federal Court In Philadelphia By Gordon Gibb (Mar-8-17)
- Fighting Back Against the High Cost of Insulin By Brenda Craig (Mar-5-17)
- Invokana Still Invoking Concerns By Gordon Gibb (Feb-8-17)
- Plaintiffs Celebrate Invokana Lawsuit Consolidation By Heidi Turner (Jan-3-17)
- Updated FDA Review Suggests Link Between Actos and Bladder Cancer By Lucy Campbell (Dec-13-16)
- Judicial Panel Considers Consolidating Invokana Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Dec-10-16)
- Janssen Loses One Invokana Battle By Heidi Turner (Nov-11-16)
- Patients Allege They Were Harmed by Actos By Heidi Turner (Oct-17-16)
- Plaintiffs Move to Consolidate Invokana Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Oct-5-16)
- Actos Bladder Cancer Lawsuits Continue in the US and Canada By Gordon Gibb (Sep-17-16)
- Invokana Lawsuits: Health Authorities Strengthen Warnings By Heidi Turner (Sep-6-16)
- Health Canada Knows All About Potential for Actos and Bladder Cancer By Gordon Gibb (Aug-3-16)
- Health Canada Updates Invokana Warning Ahead of the FDA By Gordon Gibb (Aug-1-16)
- Takeda Promotes “Fairness and Honesty” While Lawsuits Climb By Gordon Gibb (Jul-7-16)
- FDA Strengthens Invokana Warnings By Heidi Turner (Jul-7-16)
- More Actos Lawsuits Filed By Heidi Turner (Jun-22-16)
- Invokana Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a Bee By Gordon Gibb (Jun-5-16)
- Some Plaintiffs Develop DKA Mere Months after Starting Invokana By Gordon Gibb (May-31-16)
- Study Links Actos to Bladder Cancer By Heidi Turner (May-20-16)
- More Invokana Lawsuits Filed By Heidi Turner (May-6-16)
- Four Class-Action Actos Bladder Cancer Lawsuits Bubbling in Canada By Gordon Gibb (Apr-22-16)
- FDA to Add Heart Failure Warnings to DPP-4 Type 2 Diabetes Medications By Lucy Campbell (Apr-6-16)
- Diabetes Specialist Defends Invokana, Plaintiff Continues with Her Lawsuit Anyway By Gordon Gibb (Apr-3-16)
- Canadian Invokana Diabetes Patient Sues Janssen Pharmaceuticals By Brenda Craig (Mar-26-16)
- Invokana Goes to Court in Canada By Brenda Craig (Mar-24-16)
- Actos Lawsuit Slams Takeda Pharmaceutical Executives By Gordon Gibb (Mar-13-16)
- Invokana Lawsuits Heating Up, Plaintiffs Allege Negligence By Gordon Gibb (Mar-8-16)
- Plaintiff Launches $1Billion Class-Action Invokana Lawsuit, Others Follow By Gordon Gibb (Feb-23-16)
- ISMP Questions Invokana Safety By Heidi Turner (Feb-12-16)