LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Defective Knee Implant Legal News Articles & Interviews
February 15, 2018. By Lucy Campbell.
Los Angeles, CA: Zimmer, the maker of NexGen knee replacements and the defendant in a defective products multi-district litigation (MDL) has reached a preliminary settlement with the plaintiffs in the longstanding MDL.Read [ Tentative Settlement Reached in Zimmer NexGen Knee-Implant MDL ]
January 28, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Jackson, MI: Whenever an individual files a defective knee implant lawsuit, the focus is normally – and correctly – on the failed component due to an alleged design, or manufacturing defect. But a companion issue just as devastating as the failure of the implant is, for the patient, a requirement for revision surgery to eradicate the problematic implant and replace it with another one. Revision surgery is usually, a more complex procedure.Read [ DePuy Faces Yet Another Lawsuit Concerning its Attune Knee Replacement System ]
January 26, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Santa Cruz, CA:The study, published in the Bone & Joint Journal, finds that the rate of metal-on-metal (MoM) hip implant patients undergoing revision has increased over time. Researchers at the Universities of Oxford and Bristol have suggested the observed differences are in part due to increased patient surveillance. In the U.S., patient surveillance is pretty much left up to the patient.Read [ Tracking Systems in the U.K Key to Care for Hip Implant Patients, But Non-Existent in the U.S. ]
December 29, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Tampa, FL: The pain started right after Sandra had a Smith & Nephew knee replacement. “It never functioned properly and I never did get back a full range of motion like I was told,” says Sandra. “I had this metal-on-metal knee implant because my knee was bone-on-bone. This knee implant was supposed to make me better, not worse.”Read [ Knee Replacement Recipient is “Done with Surgeries” ]
December 24, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Dallas, TX: In a recent hip replacement trial, plaintiffs’ lawyer showed to the jury records whereby DePuy paid its Pinnacle hip "design surgeons" more than $184 million in royalties that he argued were kickbacks. And jurors watched a video of a 2008 DePuy sales conference themed “Taking Share of Business”. To the lyrics of “Takin’ Care of Business” by the rock group Bachman-Turner Overdrive, DePuy’s former top marketer leads a parade with costumed alligators, a bloodied man with a hatchet and a giant metal hip implant. The plaintiffs won.Read [ DePuy Hip’s Million Dollar Surgeons “Taking Share of Business” ]
November 26, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Boston, MA: With the date for the first bellwether hip replacement implant failure trial involving failed Stryker femoral heads now established for September, 2019 attention has shifted to a compelling questionnaire the Howmedica defense team has issued to plaintiffs as part of the deposition process.Read [ Stryker Defective Hip Implant Lawsuit Plaintiff Survey Deemed ‘Intrusive’ ]
November 21, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Santa Clara, CA: It’s pretty much a straightforward decision for most of the 700,000 people in the U.S. who experience knee pain yearly: have a knee replacement or live the rest of your life in pain. But for some people implanted with a defective knee such as the DePuy Synthes Attune device, they made the wrong decision and the consequences have been brutal. As a result, they are filing knee replacement lawsuits against DePuy, alleging premature failure of the Attune device.Read [ DePuy Attune Knee Replacement Can Result in Physical, Emotional and Financial Pain ]
October 26, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Philadelphia, PA: Iris has been on a steady diet of Oxycodone for over a year because the pain from her hip replacement has been worsening. And three hip revision surgeries have just exacerbated the problem.Read [ Hip Replacement led to Sleep Deprivation and Oxycodone ]
October 16, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
San Jose, CA: Mike says he’s in worse shape now with his DePuy Synthes Attune knee replacement system than when he was injured after falling off a ladder. And he’s pissed off, to say the least.Read [ Depuy Attune Knee Victim “Pissed off that there’s No Way to Fix this Defect Without Litigation” ]
October 2, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: When the Smith & Nephew Journey Deuce Bi-Compartmental Knee System was introduced in 2007, it was billed as “a new, innovative solution that may give nearly 70% (sic) of all patients receiving a total knee replacement a more minimally invasive, bone and ligament preserving treatment alternative,” so stated a press release issued by the manufacturer on July 9, 2007. Would such platitudes, three years ahead of a knee replacement failure recall, placate any plaintiff filing a Smith & Nephew lawsuit?Read [ Smith & Nephew Defective Knee Replacements Under the Microscope ]
- Three Strikes after Depuy Synthes Attune Knee, First Lawsuit is Filed By Jane Mundy (Sep-21-17)
- Coming Unglued – DePuy Synthes Attune Buckles at the Knees By Anne Wallace (Sep-9-17)
- Stryker Hip Replacement Leads to more Broken Bones By Jane Mundy (Aug-27-17)
- Summary Judgment for DePuy Upheld in Defective Hip Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Aug-17-17)
- Another DePuy Defective Hip Implant Lawsuit Heads to Trial By Anne Wallace (Aug-5-17)
- Hip Replacement and Cobalt Poisoning misdiagnosed as Alzheimer's By Jane Mundy (Aug-1-17)
- Mixed Metals at Core of Stryker LFIT V40 Hip Implants By Brenda Craig (Jul-27-17)
- Federal Judge Allows Hip Implant Lawsuit to Move Forward By Deb Hipp (Jul-3-17)
- Hip Replacement Patient says Better Off Without By Jane Mundy (Jun-28-17)
- Johnson & Johnson Asks For New Trial in $151 Million Hip Lawsuit Judgment By Deb Hipp (Jun-14-17)
- State-Based Stryker Hip Implant Failure Lawsuits Consolidated in New Jersey By Gordon Gibb (Jun-6-17)
- Defective Hip Implant Makers Busy with Recalls, Lawsuits and Settlements By Jane Mundy (May-31-17)
- Judge Awards $2 Million Verdict in Defective Hip Implant Lawsuit By Deb Hipp (May-21-17)
- Lawsuits Mount for Stryker Over Allegedly Failed Medical Devices By Gordon Gibb (May-7-17)
- Odd Ruling in Hip Implant Failure Lawsuit? By Gordon Gibb (Apr-23-17)
- Stryker Hip Implant Lawsuits Head to Boston Multidistrict Litigation By Deb Hipp (Apr-15-17)
- Three implants, Two Revisions, One Chance Left By Gordon Gibb (Apr-5-17)
- Despite Steep Reduction in Award, Plaintiff’s Defective Hip Implant Verdict Appealed By Gordon Gibb (Mar-21-17)
- Hoping for a Hassle-Free Hip Implant a Roll of the Dice By Gordon Gibb (Mar-7-17)
- Defective Hip Implants: Newer Isn’t Always Better By Gordon Gibb (Mar-1-17)
- Stryker Hip Replacement Lawsuit Can Proceed By Gordon Gibb (Nov-23-16)
- DePuy Bellwether Drags On, While Canada Approves Zimmer Class Action Settlement By Gordon Gibb (Nov-13-16)
- $240 Million Settlement Agreed in Wright Defective Hip Implant MDL By Lucy Campbell (Nov-10-16)
- Stryker Continues to Sail a Restless Sea, Rejuvenate Lawsuits Continue By Gordon Gibb (Oct-1-16)
- Failing Medical Devices and Lax Regulations a Perfect Storm By Gordon Gibb (Sep-5-16)
- Zimmer Persona Knee Subjected to Yet another Recall in Early 2016 By Gordon Gibb (Aug-7-16)
- Zimmer Persona Recall: Be Aware of What’s in Ya… By Gordon Gibb (Jul-6-16)
- Zimmer Persona Knee: They Don’t Make ’em Like They Used To By Gordon Gibb (Jun-13-16)
- The New Normal in Medical Device Approval Requires Patient Diligence By Gordon Gibb (May-18-16)
- It’s Harder to Replace a Knee Than a Crumpled Fender By Gordon Gibb (Apr-16-16)
- Zimmer Readying for Zimmer Persona Recall Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (Mar-17-16)
- The One-Year Anniversary of the Zimmer Persona Recall By Gordon Gibb (Feb-15-16)
- New DePuy Hip Implant Lawsuit Filed While Bellwether Cases Move Forward By Heidi Turner (Jan-31-16)
- Why Are Medical Devices Failing? By Gordon Gibb (Jan-23-16)
- Will You Resolve to File a Zimmer Persona Lawsuit in 2016? By Gordon Gibb (Dec-23-15)
- $11M Awarded in Bellwether Wright Conserve Hip Implant MDL By Lucy Campbell (Nov-26-15)
- Zimmer Persona Lawsuit: The Hell behind the Headlines By Gordon Gibb (Nov-15-15)
- A Bit of Homework Could Lead to a Zimmer Persona Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Oct-16-15)
- Zimmer Saddled with Yet Another Failed Knee Implant By Gordon Gibb (Sep-16-15)
- Hip & Knee Implant Failure No Reason to Impede Expansion Plans By Gordon Gibb (Feb-25-15)