LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Monsanto RoundUp Legal News Articles & Interviews
August 17, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Farmers Worldwide Filed Monsanto Herbicide Lawsuits ]
Denton, MT: A Montana farmer recently filed a Monsanto glyphosate lawsuit claiming its herbicide Roundup he used since 1982 caused his Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. In a similar case filed in France, a French court found Monsanto guilty of poisoning a farmer and in June the first Australian legal action was filed against Bayer, which bought Monsanto in 2018.
July 17, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Monsanto Accused of Fudging Glyphosate Evidence ]
Washington, DC A disturbing theme has emerged from the trio of recent Monsanto glyphosate lawsuits. In each of them, Johnson v. Monsanto Co., Hardeman v. Monsanto Co. and Pilliod v. Monsanto Co., the plaintiffs’ cancers were linked to glyphosate, the active ingredient in Monsanto’s weed killer Roundup. And in each of them, the company’s liability was founded on the proposition that it failed to warn users even though it knew or should have known about the danger.
June 27, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ UCSD Study: Monsanto Roundup Linked to Liver Disease ]
San Diego, CA A new study, conducted by researchers at the University of California San Diego School of Medicine, suggests an association between glyphosate, the active ingredient in Monsanto’s weed killer Roundup, and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in human beings.
June 12, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Monsanto Roundup: Killer Cocktail? ]
Oakland, CA The jury in Pilliod v. Monsanto Co heard evidence that was not presented in previous Monsanto glyphosate lawsuits. It may have prompted the record-breaking $2 billion award, and the information may be central to the more than 13,000 Roundup lawsuits still pending.
May 20, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Jury Awards Alberta and Alva Pilliod more than $2 Billion in Roundup Cancer Case ]
Oakland, CA The jury in Pilliod v. Monsanto Co, the third Monsanto glyphosate lawsuit to go to trial, awarded Alva and Alberta Pilliod $55 Million in compensatory damages and a staggering $1 billion each (that’s $2 billion) in punitive damages for their Roundup-linked cancers. This is reportedly the largest award personal injury award this year and the eighth largest in US history. Although the punitive portion of the award will likely to be reduced under U.S. Supreme Court precedent, the trend in jury sentiment is clear.
May 3, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Monsanto Trial: Fake Evidence or Phony Expert? ]
Oakland, CA Pilliod v. Monsanto Co., the latest a Monsanto glyphosate lawsuit to go to trial, has focused squarely on the quality of the scientific evidence. Relying on expert testimony, counsel for Alberta and Alva Pilliod has accused Monsanto of outright fraud in securing regulatory approval for Roundup. Counsel for Monsanto has tried to undermine expert Charles Benbrook’s testimony by questioning his credentials.
April 15, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Jury Awards Edwin Hardeman $80.2 Million in Roundup Cancer Lawsuit ]
San Francisco, CA On March 27, a jury in Hardeman v. Monsanto Co., a Monsanto glyphosate lawsuit awarded Edwin Hardeman more than $80 million. A third trial, Pilliod v. Monsanto Co. is well under way. Allegations have flown about untoward jury influence, and U.S. District Judge Vince Chhabria has begun to push the parties’ attorneys toward settlement. Things are now moving very fast in the world of Monsanto glyphosate lawsuits.
March 21, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Jury Finds Monsanto RoundUp a “Substantial Factor” in Causing Cancer ]
San Francisco, CA On March 19, the jury in Hardeman v. Monsanto Co. unanimously found that RoundUp was a substantial factor in causing Edward Hardeman’s non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. This first phase of Hardeman’s Monsanto glyphosate lawsuit focused solely on scientific facts relevant to causation. The second phase will determine corporate liability, based on alleged corporate misconduct by company representatives. Monsanto and its corporate parent, Bayer AG of Germany face more than 11,000 Monsanto glyphosate lawsuits over alleged RoundUp cancer.
Wife wonders whether Father-in-Law and Husband diagnosed with Cancer is associated with Monsanto’s Roundup
January 16, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Wife wonders whether Father-in-Law and Husband diagnosed with Cancer is associated with Monsanto’s Roundup ]
Atlanta, GA: “My husband and father-in-law were both diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin lymphoma and they both sprayed the backyard with Monsanto’s Roundup,” says Veronica. (Because studies have continually linked the herbicide to that type of cancer, it also referred to as 'Monsanto cancer'.)
December 20, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer’s Biggest Mistake –Buying Monsanto? ]
San Francisco, CA: August 10, 2018 was a bad day for Bayer and Monsanto executives. That was the day when San Francisco jurors determined that Monsanto’s (and now Bayer’s) RoundUp and Ranger Pro caused cancer in a former school groundskeeper who claimed his terminal cancer had been caused by the glyphosate-based weed-killers.
- Monsanto has appealed a $78 million award to DeWayne Johnson, More Lawsuits Coming By Jane Mundy (Nov-23-18)
- Judge Upends $289 Million Monsanto Roundup Cancer Award By Anne Wallace (Oct-19-18)
- Monsanto Glyphosate Lawsuit: Expert Testimony Deemed Credible Enough for Trial By Lori Prapas (Aug-8-18)
- EPA Now Says Monsanto Roundup 'Likely' Does Not Cause Cancer, Debate Continues By Gordon Gibb (Feb-15-18)
- Will Monsanto-Sponsored Science Poison RoundUp Lawsuits? By Anne Wallace (Jan-15-18)
- Monsanto v. Scientists over Glyphosate as a Probable Carcinogen By Gordon Gibb (Dec-11-17)
- Monsanto Still Fighting California’s Carcinogen Listing for Glyphosate in Roundup By Gordon Gibb (Nov-21-17)
- Monsanto Moves for Summary Judgement While EU Looks to Ban Glyphosate By Gordon Gibb (Oct-23-17)
- Monsanto’s Roundup Cancer Lawsuits Reveal Cover-Up and the Monsanto Plot Thickens… By Jane Mundy (Oct-7-17)
- Recent Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit Targets Alleged Marketing Violations By Gordon Gibb (Sep-23-17)
- Monsanto to Merge with Bayer, While Still Facing Hurdles By Gordon Gibb (Aug-7-17)
- Not-Ready-for-Market Herbicide Kills Farmers’ Crops By Brenda Craig (Jul-26-17)
- Monsanto Loses Bid to Delay Placement of Roundup on Unflattering List By Gordon Gibb (Jul-8-17)
- Plaintiffs in Monsanto Roundup Litigation Seek Studies on Mice By Gordon Gibb (Jun-7-17)
- Monsanto Hit with Yet Another Lawsuit Over Roundup By Gordon Gibb (May-8-17)
- Allegations of Corruption: Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit Plaintiffs By Gordon Gibb (Apr-7-17)
- Monsanto-Gate: Leaked Roundup Cancer Report By Jane Mundy (Mar-9-17)
- Monsanto Loses Labelling Battle in California – Tentatively By Brenda Craig (Feb-3-17)
- More Evidence Linking Monsanto’s Roundup to Cancer By Jane Mundy (Jan-2-17)
- Consolidation Granted for Monsanto Roundup Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (Oct-25-16)