LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Monsanto RoundUp Legal News Articles & Interviews
August 29, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ New Roundup MDL Claimants Must Participate in Settlement Process ]
San Francisco, CAThe Northern District of California has ordered current and future plaintiffs in the Monsanto glyphosate multidistrict litigation (MDL) who have not already reached a settlement with Monsanto to participate in a program that has been overseen by Special Master Ken Feinberg since 2019. The Order has apparently prompted Bayer AG, Monsanto’s corporate parent, to increase the settlement reserve fund by $4.5 billion.
July 26, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Another Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit filed in California ]
San Francisco, CA Monsanto has been hit with another lawsuit claiming its Roundup product causes non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and other cancers. Plaintiff Michael Langford of Sacramento was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin lymphoma in 2007 and later developed other cancers. Langford’s Monsanto lawsuit filed in late June comes on the heels of a claim also filed in June. An Ohio resident filed suit in Delaware Superior Court claiming her non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma was also the result of many years’ exposure to Roundup in the care of her home garden.
June 18, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Goodbye to Glyphosate? ]
San Francisco, CA In the wake of the Northern District of California’s rejection of a proposed settlement that would have limited Monsanto’s future liability for glyphosate lawsuits, Monsanto has announced that it will reconsider reformulating Roundup products marketed for residential use. Bayer AG has looked to limit its potential financial exposure to Monsanto glyphosate lawsuits ever since it acquired the company in 2018.
April 27, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ National Black Farmers Association Joins Monsanto MDL ]
San Francisco, CA On April 1, the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation denied Monsanto Company’s request that it reconsider its decision to include National Black Farmers Association v. Monsanto Co. in the Multidistrict Litigation (MDL), consolidated in the Northern District of California. National Black Farmers Association, a Monsanto glyphosate lawsuit, focuses on the harms suffered by the rural Black farmers who make up its membership.
March 29, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer’s Roundup Settlement: A Brief History ]
Santa Clara, CA Bayer has been working out Monsanto’s Roundup settlement since acquiring the glyphosate manufacturer in 2018. The corporation expects to resolve future claims that its weedkiller causes cancer by mid-May. Here is a brief history of Bayer’s $11 billion outline settlement.
February 22, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer’s $2billion deal to finalize future Monsanto Claims ]
San Francisco, CA To resolve future claims that Monsanto’s Roundup causes cancer, Bayer is coughing up a $2 billion settlement that includes benefits for people—mainly farmers and gardeners-- who were exposed to Roundup and develop the cancer in the future.
November 10, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer to Cough Up Higher Settlement Price to Cover Future Litigation ]
Santa Clara, CA Bayer needs to cough up more cash to settle Monsanto Roundup current and future lawsuits. While its current legal bill covers most of the Roundup claims, future Roundup cancer lawsuits have not yet been settled.
October 12, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer’s Bumps over Mosanto’s Roundup Litigation ]
Santa Clara, CA Bayer stated on its website in June 2020 that it will make a total payment of $10.1 billion to $10.9 billion to resolve current and address potential future Roundup Litigation. The $10.1 billion figure will settle about 75 percent of Monsanto’s Roundup lawsuits by an estimated 125,000 people who claim exposure to its weed killer and other glyphosate herbicides caused them to develop the form of cancer called non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
September 4, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Black Farmers Hit Monsanto with “No More Roundup” Lawsuit ]
St Louis, MO In an attempt to stop the sale of the weedkiller Roundup, a federal civil rights lawsuit was filed last month on behalf of the National Black Farmers Association against Bayer (which bought Monsanto). Farmers argue that they are forced to buy more and more Roundup-resistant seeds every year and the only way to break the cycle is to remove Roundup from the market.
July 3, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Mosanto and Regulators vs. Consumers ]
Santa Clara, CA The herbicides dicamba and glyphosate have a lot in common. Both are made by Monsanto, both are associated with environmental problems such as chemical drift and both cause health problems, such as cancer. Nobody knows this more than investigative journalist Carey Gillam.
- The Environmental Protection Agency no longer Protecting Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Jun-17-20)
- Monsanto Roundup Cancer Appeal, Bayer Blames Coronavirus By Jane Mundy (May-27-20)
- Bayer Settles Roundup Advertising Class Action Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Apr-14-20)
- Bayer’s Monsanto Purchase Sews Seeds of Discontent Amongst Shareholders By Jane Mundy (Mar-23-20)
- The Obstacle Course to Bayer Monsanto’s Roundup Settlements By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-20)
- Does Monsanto (Bayer) Have a Silver Bullet? By Jane Mundy (Jan-1-20)
- Monsanto Banned from Hawaii – And How Dangerous is Methyl Parathion? By Jane Mundy (Dec-6-19)
- Bayer “Not Playing Nice in the Sandbox” of Monsanto Litigation By Jane Mundy (Nov-12-19)
- Does Bayer Regret Buying Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Oct-18-19)
- Farmers Worldwide Filed Monsanto Herbicide Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Sep-5-19)
- Farmers Worldwide Filed Monsanto Herbicide Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Aug-17-19)
- Monsanto Accused of Fudging Glyphosate Evidence By Anne Wallace (Jul-17-19)
- UCSD Study: Monsanto Roundup Linked to Liver Disease By Anne Wallace (Jun-27-19)
- Monsanto Roundup: Killer Cocktail? By Anne Wallace (Jun-12-19)
- Jury Awards Alberta and Alva Pilliod more than $2 Billion in Roundup Cancer Case By Anne Wallace (May-20-19)
- Monsanto Trial: Fake Evidence or Phony Expert? By Anne Wallace (May-3-19)
- Jury Awards Edwin Hardeman $80.2 Million in Roundup Cancer Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Apr-15-19)
- Jury Finds Monsanto RoundUp a “Substantial Factor” in Causing Cancer By Anne Wallace (Mar-21-19)
- Wife wonders whether Father-in-Law and Husband diagnosed with Cancer is associated with Monsanto’s Roundup By Jane Mundy (Jan-16-19)
- Bayer’s Biggest Mistake –Buying Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-18)
- Monsanto has appealed a $78 million award to DeWayne Johnson, More Lawsuits Coming By Jane Mundy (Nov-23-18)
- Judge Upends $289 Million Monsanto Roundup Cancer Award By Anne Wallace (Oct-19-18)
- Monsanto Glyphosate Lawsuit: Expert Testimony Deemed Credible Enough for Trial By Lori Prapas (Aug-8-18)
- EPA Now Says Monsanto Roundup 'Likely' Does Not Cause Cancer, Debate Continues By Gordon Gibb (Feb-15-18)
- Will Monsanto-Sponsored Science Poison RoundUp Lawsuits? By Anne Wallace (Jan-15-18)
- Monsanto v. Scientists over Glyphosate as a Probable Carcinogen By Gordon Gibb (Dec-11-17)
- Monsanto Still Fighting California’s Carcinogen Listing for Glyphosate in Roundup By Gordon Gibb (Nov-21-17)
- Monsanto Moves for Summary Judgement While EU Looks to Ban Glyphosate By Gordon Gibb (Oct-23-17)
- Monsanto’s Roundup Cancer Lawsuits Reveal Cover-Up and the Monsanto Plot Thickens… By Jane Mundy (Oct-7-17)
- Recent Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit Targets Alleged Marketing Violations By Gordon Gibb (Sep-23-17)
- Monsanto to Merge with Bayer, While Still Facing Hurdles By Gordon Gibb (Aug-7-17)
- Not-Ready-for-Market Herbicide Kills Farmers’ Crops By Brenda Craig (Jul-26-17)
- Monsanto Loses Bid to Delay Placement of Roundup on Unflattering List By Gordon Gibb (Jul-8-17)
- Plaintiffs in Monsanto Roundup Litigation Seek Studies on Mice By Gordon Gibb (Jun-7-17)
- Monsanto Hit with Yet Another Lawsuit Over Roundup By Gordon Gibb (May-8-17)
- Allegations of Corruption: Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit Plaintiffs By Gordon Gibb (Apr-7-17)
- Monsanto-Gate: Leaked Roundup Cancer Report By Jane Mundy (Mar-9-17)
- Monsanto Loses Labelling Battle in California – Tentatively By Brenda Craig (Feb-3-17)
- More Evidence Linking Monsanto’s Roundup to Cancer By Jane Mundy (Jan-2-17)
- Consolidation Granted for Monsanto Roundup Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (Oct-25-16)