LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Lipitor Legal News Articles & Interviews
September 19, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Beyond Lipitor Type 2 Diabetes, a New Concern with Statins ]
Bangor, ME Among the ongoing concerns over the statin Lipitor are the potential for type 2 diabetes and cognitive issues such as memory and concentration. Atorvastatin (Lipitor) type 2 diabetes remains one of the biggest frustrations alleged in lawsuits consolidated in the Lipitor Diabetes Lawsuits MDL. Various plaintiffs have alleged that for them, type 2 diabetes appeared to come out of nowhere with no corresponding family history or risk factors for diabetes.
June 27, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Number of Diabetes Lawsuits in Lipitor MDL above 2,200 and Climbing ]
Washington, DC The number of cases in the Lipitor Diabetes Lawsuits MDL has climbed to more than 2,200 and with little wonder: plaintiffs maintain that prior to a label change mandated by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2012, few, if any, had little clue that atorvastatin (Lipitor) could trigger type 2 diabetes.
March 20, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Pfizer Wins Lipitor Lawsuit in Australia ]
Melbourne, Australia Pfizer may have lost its motion to dismiss in Lipitor lawsuits in the US, but the drugmaker is celebrating a victory in Australia. An Australian consumer watchdog filed a Lipitor lawsuit against Pfizer, alleging the company engaged in anticompetitive practices linked to its sales of generic Lipitor.
February 5, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Pfizer’s Attempt to Toss Lawsuits in Lipitor Diabetes Lawsuits MDL Rejected ]
Charleston, SC The manufacturer of Lipitor recently attempted to cast off 10 atorvastatin type 2 diabetes cases in the Lipitor Diabetes Lawsuits MDL on grounds that failure-to-warn claims made by the plaintiffs were preempted by federal regulation.
January 19, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Consolidated Lipitor Lawsuits Sit At More Than 1,600 ]
Charleston, SC The number of consolidated Lipitor lawsuits continues to grow and now sits at more than 1,600, according to court documents. Those lawsuits allege that women were not properly warned about the risk of Lipitor side effects, including a reported increased risk of diabetes.
December 19, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Lipitor Lawsuits Climbing but Pfizer Digging In ]
New York, NY As the number of cases in the Lipitor Diabetes Lawsuits MDL continue to spike, Lipitor manufacturer Pfizer Inc. continues to position itself following the expiration of its patent in November 2011. One of those moves, as evidenced by a Bloomberg report earlier this year, is a hoped-for introduction of an over-the-counter (OTC) version of Lipitor (atorvastatin) at some point in the near future.
November 19, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Lipitor Litigation Moves Forward ]
Charleston, SC Lipitor multidistrict litigation, alleging patients suffered Lipitor side effects and developed diabetes as a result of taking the medication, continue to move forward with regular status conferences. Three more Lipitor lawsuits have been dismissed due to failure to provide required documentation. Among the required documentation that has not been provided is a Plaintiff Fact Sheet and a response to Pfizer’s motion to dismiss.
October 16, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Twenty Lipitor Lawsuit Claims Dismissed ]
Charleston, SC Twenty Lipitor lawsuits involved in Lipitor multidistrict litigation have been dismissed from the court for failure to provide required documentation. The lawsuits alleged that plaintiffs suffered from Lipitor side effects as a result of taking the medication.
September 24, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Lipitor Lawsuits Growing, but Concern Extends beyond Atorvastatin Type 2 Diabetes ]
Washington, DC It is no secret that Lipitor diabetes lawsuits have been growing exponentially, with more than 200 lawsuits recently added to the Lipitor diabetes lawsuits MDL in South Carolina (In re Lipitor (atorvastatin) Litigation, MDL No. 2502, US District Court, District of South Carolina). According to PRWeb Newswire (9/1/14), the litigation count was at 1,162 at the beginning of the month. Given the rapid rise in cases, it is presumed that number is higher still as of this writing.
September 3, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Following Suit: Lipitor Lawsuit Updates ]
Philadelphia, PA By August 15, 2014, court records show that 1,162 Lipitor claims have been filed against Pfizer Inc., the manufacturer of the “best-selling prescription drug of all time.” The Lipitor lawsuits filed by plaintiffs who developed Type 2 diabetes allege that Pfizer failed to adequately warn patients and their doctors about the cholesterol medication’s association with diabetes and other risks associated with Lipitor.
- Lipitor Lawsuits Mount By Heidi Turner (Aug-30-14)
- Lipitor MDL Growing, and Likely to Continue with New Guidelines By Gordon Gibb (Jul-14-14)
- Study Finds Increased Risk of Diabetes with High-Potency Statin Use By Heidi Turner (Jun-26-14)
- Another Lipitor Lawsuit Filed As Plaintiffs Gear Up for Bellwether Trials By Heidi Turner (May-24-14)
- Product Label Doublespeak at the Root of Lipitor Diabetes Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (Apr-5-14)
- More Lipitor Plaintiffs Come Forward By Heidi Turner (Mar-25-14)
- New Treatment Guidelines Could Put 13 Million Americans on Statin Drugs By Lucy Campbell (Mar-20-14)
- Lipitor Plaintiff Cries Foul Over Atorvastatin Type 2 Diabetes By Gordon Gibb (Mar-14-14)
- Attorneys in Canada Investigating Lipitor Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Mar-8-14)
- As Lipitor MDL Is Approved, Will Cases of Atorvastatin Type 2 Diabetes Spike? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-22-14)
- Study Suggests Link between Statins and Diabetes By Heidi Turner (Jan-28-14)
- Martinsburg Woman Files Lipitor Atorvastatin Type 2 Diabetes Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Dec-26-13)
- Lipitor Lawsuit Filed As Experts Argue Over Use of Statins By Heidi Turner (Nov-19-13)
- Lipitor: Big Drug Alleged to Be Big Trouble By Gordon Gibb (Oct-4-13)
- Consolidation of Lipitor Lawsuits Denied By Heidi Turner (Sep-18-13)
- Patients, Doctors Say Lipitor Generally Is Not Good for You By Gordon Gibb (Aug-8-13)
- Conflicting Results in Lipitor Studies By Heidi Turner (Jul-30-13)
- New Study Suggests Diabetes Risk with High-Potency Statins (Lipitor) By Gordon Gibb (Jun-24-13)
- Pfizer Opposes Lipitor Diabetes MDL By Lucy Campbell (Jun-5-13)